MSE Article discussion: Mobile Phone Insurance

Comments

• Raoi

I am insured with insure and go. My purse and phone got nicked out of my bag, which was zipped up and over my shoulder on bank holiday weekend. Because i wasn't physically threatend they won't pay up. I gave them my police report and confirmtion i had cancelled my phone. I paid extra to be covered by loss and asked if i could claim it under that and was refused as I had already sad it was stolen. I think this is disgusting, i've had my phone less than a month :-( I don't see there is anything more i could have done to prevent it being stolen, I would definatley NOT recommend them!

Vikki
  • I have just received a letter from Insure and Go stating I am not covered by their Silver insurance for theft even though my bag containing my phone was snatched from my side by a man who then ran away whilst I was sitting in a park. There were witnesses and yet they claim no force was used so I am not covered for this theft! I am furious and will be challenging them about this. I will update when I have spoken with them. Absolutely furious, what is the point of having insurance against theft if it only ever includes violent theft?
  • Dizzee
    Dizzee Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 June 2012 at 8:48PM
    After 10 days of receiving my Galaxy S2 (last year when it was the latest phone)... I dropped it down the toilet...

I had only managed to register my phone a few days before,
    they tried to fix it but couldn't

They replaced the phone with no issue.

At every point they were great, only issue was they took a while to replace it, but considering the no issue service and giving them time to actually try fix it (glad they didn't as I'd scratched the screen already!)

the review is wrong... btw... the cost of the account is £10pm (or 120pa)
  • algray
    algray Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Given the feedback on this forum i.e. the recommended insurer isn't very suitable, and that so many other providers refuse to cover non-violent thefts, would it be worthwhile reviewing the article? :T
  • Thanks forthe Mobile Phone Insurance guide - Really informative and useful.

There’s oneinsurance company missed off the lists – the Policy Administration Services PremierPlan – run for Phones4U. It’s a goodthing they’re not mentioned as I would advise everyone to steer clear fromthem.

A key featureof the policy is the Storemynumbers™ service – a web-based data back-up system. I won’t bore you with the details of how thisfailed to work, because what really irritated me was the lack of response fromthe customer services/technical teams. There’san 0800 helpline that doesn’t appear to be manned AT ALL – I called severaltimes, at all times of the day and left messages – to no avail. I sent an email– again, to no avail. I eventuallycalled Policy Admin (on an 0844 no.)... they tried to fob me off with theunmanned 0800 number but I insisted on speaking to someone there and on two occasions,two separate people earnestly promised to look into the failure of the serviceand get back to me... Did they heck!

In this day& age IT glitches etc are not uncommon, what’s totally unforgivable is bad customerservice which exacerbates the original problem.

Naturally, Ihave chosen to not pay for a service that I’m not getting. I’m taking my funds elsewhere as PolicyAdministration Services Ltd clearly have more than they need in their coffersand no ambition to grow the business any further.

PS: I’malso considering requesting a refund of the cost of calls I made to the 0844number.
  • NX1977
    NX1977 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    Is there ANYONE recommended that will cover general loss/pick pocketing and ideally your phone bill too?

For an Android phone (well 2 actually) bought 2nd hand on ebay.
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Well reading insurance2go it says the following about pick pocketing

Theft/Loss Exclusions
    "Theft of the Telephone from the person unless force, pickpocket or threat of violence is used."

The one thing that does seem a bit silly is the following
    "Loss where the circumstance of the loss cannot be clearly identified i.e. where You are unable to confirm the time and place of loss." Surely if I knew where I lost it I wouldn't of actually lost it? =/
  • Kochanski
    Kochanski Posts: 117 Forumite
    Can anyone recommend the cover supplied upgrading to Smilemore current account from the Co Operative or o2's cover?

TIA.:j
    Official Norn Iron Club Member No. 119

Official DFW Nerd No. 441

Proud to be a member of any club that'll take me!
  • Hi all,

Does anybody out there have any good advice about " multi phone" insurance..in a house hold with 3 smartphones, ipad and 2 laptops..was wondering if anyone could recommend one.

Thanks
  • THOMMO7777
    THOMMO7777 Posts: 17 Forumite
    how much does it actually cost to repair broken iphone 4 screen ,im paying 8 pound a month ,and the access to repair it is 75 pound, i think it might be cheaper taking to a shop
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback