Using Sky Plus Box without subscribing?

Comments

• flight747 wrote: »
    Just PM me inbox as I am not allow to put the code open to public cos sky might find out and will do something to update the signal to the box with new code. I would suggest to kept it quiet yourself only.

Hi Flight747, Can you please shere with me aswell?
  • Hi,

Has anyone heard from Flight747 how to do this or does anyone else know? If so I'd be really grateful if you could post or PM the details.

Many thx in advance.
  • Flight747 - i tried to send you a pm for the code, but you are not accepting pms :-(
    Willow: I knew it, I knew it, well not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 31 May 2011 at 8:25PM
    To put you all out your misery I'm afraid you can't put in a secret code to make your Sky+ box start recording the free channels without a Sky subscription or their £10 recording subscription, it just isn't possible.....

However there are two ways some people have got around this but they're not easy or reliable methods:

2 years ago I bought a second hand Sky+ box on ebay and it had an old blue card in it that worked when I first plugged it in.... I didn't use the box for many months and found the blue card still allowed record/play features to work although no subscription channels of course. It still works to this day although I only plug it in once in a blue moon to check it!

Others have also done this, cancel Sky, remove card for 3 to 6 months, then eventually put in the card and it still works as a PVR... it seems Sky send out kill commands once you cancel and I presume after a while they stop sending out the commands and if your card missed them, it still works.

Some clever bods made a modification to the Pace Sky+ 3100 box, hardware mods allowed it work record/play with a valid freesatfromsky card.... you need to be quite techincal, have the right model of Pace box, a freesat card and I don't know if this still works since the white cards came out. If you google 'jtagging pace 3100' you will see people did this back in 2008 and I haven't found out if it still works.

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • fluffymel
    fluffymel Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hi Im new to this site so please be patient with me, I just wanted to know about the code please for recording etc,, on my old Sky+ box? Ive just brought an freesat+ box but it will not record one channel while we are watching another? I have the cables in the freesat box which I had in my Sky+ box, any ideas ? many thanks all.
  • flight747
    flight747 Posts: 510 Forumite
    Mine still working, ongoing for 15 weeks now without any problem, the code deffo work :)
  • fluffymel
    Hi could I possibly please have the code also? I dont know how to pm on here as yet as im new to all this. Many thanks.
  • flight747
    fluffymel wrote: »
    Hi could I possibly please have the code also? I dont know how to pm on here as yet as im new to all this. Many thanks.

PM me for the code, I will not post here cos sky might see this and will take action to get the code stop working. It suppose to be secret!
  • flight747
    fluffymel wrote: »
    Hi it doesnt have an option to pm you ? could you pm me at all please? many thanks

Before do that, what is the make and model number of your sky+ box, the white box only (the code will NOT work on any black box Sky+ HD box)
  • fluffymel
    well thats that then, we have the black box :o( thanks anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills