anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• I placed an order on 29th October 2012 and accepted a sluggish delivery date of 6th - 8th November 2012. It is now 13th November and after 2 attempts at using their Fast Response contact (forget it, it isn't either fast or responsive) all I have received is their Query Received automated reply that tells me nothing.

Today I have had to ring to find out just where my order is - amazingly, it had just gone for delivery by UPS and will be with me tomorrow. Unfortunately the tracking number I have been given does not appear to be recognised by the UPS website.

Having seen that people do seem to be getting responses if you complain on WAE+'s Facebook page, I have just officially cancelled my order there, purely because that is the only option open to me as I cannot get any into their website as the password they gave me is not accepted.

I will keep this thread updated should I get a reply or, optimistically, a refund.

My order? Photoshop Elements. Hardly a difficult item to despatch.

Conclusion: pay a bit more and buy somewhere else. And like many others on here, I wish I had looked on Money Saving Expert first.
  • norbie
    norbie Posts: 137 Forumite
    Hi Joe

I finally got a response late last night by email after emailing those 2 email addresses. I suggest you do the same. After having a long, condescending email saying how untrue all the comments online are about orders not being received etc I was finally told a refund is apparently being processed. Looking online though reveals others have apparently been waiting for over a month and have not received them.

This behaviour stinks of a company that is having financial difficulty. Are they perhaps taking people's money in order to pay off creditors?
  • It seems that I have been stung too. Order placed for Macbook Pro on 10th Oct (£1337.13). Item not delivered on due date. Delay message sent to me advising of a further delay of 10/12 working days.

I cancelled the order and requested a refund. No reply from their 'fast response' website!

2nd message sent cancelling order and requesting refund sent yesterday (12 Nov). Still no response and my password no longer works so I cannot access my account.

I will try to contact them via the direct emails listed above and see what happens! After that it will be Trading Standards etc.

I'll keep you posted. In the mean time I would recommend that you avoid this outfit.
  • Tony_Jones69
    Tony_Jones69 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 14 November 2012 at 10:38AM
    I sent the following email to the above listed company officials:

Dear Sir,

re: Order number #202580-9498-8603 Apple MacBook Pro MD103B/A

I ordered the above item on the 10th Oct 2012 and the money was charged immediately to my credit card.

After waiting for several weeks with no dispatch notice and one delay message I decided to cancel my order and purchase elsewhere. I subsequently sent two messages via your companies ‘fast response’ route cancelling the order and requesting a refund. To date I have had no response to either request and now my password, needed to access the account, has been rendered invalid. Additionally, your customer service call centre is always busy.

I, therefore, advise you directly that I have cancelled the above order and I would like an immediate refund to my credit card. The amount is £1337.13.

Gift vouchers or credit notes are of no interest to me, only a refund.

Please acknowledge this e-mail within 24 hours with confirmation that a refund has been made.

And the response after only 2 hours:

Please accept our deepest and sincere apologies with regards to your refund as you were not happy with the service we provided.

I can now confirm you have been refunded in full and we can now close your investigation.

Your refund has been processed today and will be credited back to the debit card originally used. This will show in your account within the next 3-5 working days depending on who you bank with.

We would also like to take this opportunity to express our regrets and to assure you that we will do our best to avoid a repeat of what happened.

We really do value our customers and your custom and look forward to continuing our relationship in the near future.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Prestell
    Complaints Controller

I will let you all know if/when I get the refund. Fingers crossed
  • I placed an order for software on 18th October. Software is hardly difficult to deliver but I was prepared to accept the expected delivery date of 2nd to 6th November. 9 days after the latest due date and 4 weeks after they received payment there is still no sign of my delivery. I have sent 3 messages over the last week through their "contact - fast response" website option without receiving a reply. I have now cancelled my order but have no confidence that they will get the message or respond any time soon. I wish I had read the comments on this site before placing my order. Given that my sort of experience seems so common I think that the claims of this company regarding delivery dates and their response to queries can rightly be described as dishonest. They are no Amazon - avoid at all costs!!
  • norbie
    edited 30 May 2013 at 2:17PM
    Email these addresses and you are more likely to get a reply:

[text removed by MSE Forum Team - please email [email protected]]
  • I got my refund the day after the above emails were exchanged.

All in all, not a pleasant experiance but at least I am out of it at no loss.

Just for info: there is also a Facebook thread running, which I contributed to, and it seems to have helped people get fast resonses from someone at WAE+. Maybe thats another good way to contact them if you are having difficulties using their very slow 'fast response' method.
  • norbie
    Tony I had my comments deleted from their Facebook page and they blocked me from adding anymore... I didn't add anything offensive.

• I also had a similar experience. Order did not arrive so wasforced to cancel, no refund after two weeks, then kept getting cut off whentrying to phone.

I only received a refund after complaining to ISIS (InternetShopping is safe, there is a link at the bottom of the waeplus website). Ilodged a formal complaint with ISIS and they confirmed that the company isbeing ‘closely monitored’.

Really wish I had seen this thread before trying to dealwith them.
  • amt
    amt Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 May 2013 at 2:14PM
    All,
    omg. I should have looked here first!!
    This is such a ruthless, impertient and illegal way of trading. They should be banned for life with such a way of dealing with people. Isn't there a government organisation which deals with such kind of companies?

I ordered an NAS back in October with the no delivery fee option. Waited the 12 days till 5th November. No delivery. I called them and waited ONE HOUR on the phone to get through. The woman [text removed by MSE Forum Team] there said that I have to wait another couple of days, the goods are in there warehouse in mainland europe and need to be shipped over. The price of this item has now gone up by about 15 pounds so I wanted the delivery and waited. I got here email address and sent her questions about the delivery, NO ANSWER. I used the online form, also NO ANSWER. The phone was busy saying I should use the online form.
    Today when I looked at the order it says 'REFUNDED', but no money on my account!!! I have not asked for a refund, I want the goods as I paid for, for that price. They did it without my consent.
    When I look at this forum I hope to get my money back. But this is exacly what they want. Offer the goods super cheap, get the money, let the customer wait and get frustrated with late delivery and impossible communication, so that they are happy to get the refund a month later. No interest, no compensation, no appology, no conversation.

"At WAE+ we're always looking for new ways to wow, excite and delight our customers."

Certainly made me wow!

Andr!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family