anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• as I suspected, my sons lego cargo train did not arrive between 19th - 23rd Oct,.

I emailed them and they said it will be with me on 2nd November, waited in all day on a lovely sunny day during half-term holiday and nothing came.
    I`ve sent 3 emails now, not had any response at all.

I cant afford to lose £108. 64, i this was my sons Christmas present, not sure if I can afforde anything else for him if I dont get this item arrive or if they dont refund the money.

I mean, don't most company's only bill you when it is shipped out?

These Wae plus lot took my money on the 11th October, nearly a month ago now, and I haven't received anything.

Is there a way to claim the money back?
  • Oh look :) and heres a surprise, a reply.. I have of course asked for a refund, did any of you on here every receive a refund? I believe I`ll get a refund when i see it..

Dear Anne Marie,

Thank you for your enquiry

Unfortunately we have been experiencing some delays with our shipments from Europe, we did not anticipate that this would happen . However our dispatch team have had to revise a new delivery date in order to fulfil your order .

We understand that this is outside of the delivery time scale , your order will not be delivered for a further 10-12 working days .

If this is not feasible we can cancel the order and issue a full refund ?

Thank you for your time and co-operation

Kindest Regards

customer services
  • mazzalyn
    mazzalyn Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 December 2012 at 12:30PM
    Ordered and paid for a camera via Which best buys website. They took my money on 16.10.12, marked as in stock, paid for express delivery on 18/10. Chased them on 18/10 as no camera, then given a further delivery date of 26/10 as cameras had not been delivered from europe, 26/10 came and went then given another date of 2/11, whereby I cancelled my order and asked for immediate refund only to be told accounts take between 2/4 weeks to issue refunds, even though I had never received the goods as they were not in stock. Have reported them to Which and will now be contacting trading standards Learnt my lesson, never order online from company you have never heard of but as it was quoted in a Which article I thought it would be ok, no way!
  • Ironza
    Ironza Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 November 2012 at 12:00AM
    I ordered a Wacom Cintiq 12wx graphics tablet on the 1st of October of this year from waeplus.com, was pretty chuffed that I had finally managed to get around to buying it.

I however, read up a huge number of negative articles on WAEplus and the fact the company (under a different business trading name) had been investigated by trading standards before.

On the 3rd I wasn't confident it wouldn't be dispatched on time (it said 'to be picked' or something and it was meant to be delivered the next day?) and my concerns got the better of me and I decided to cancel my order.

I rang up immediately and asked for a confirmation about my refund, whilst it stated that my was cancelled, it didn't send me any email about refunds and I had to contact them a number of times in order to get any estimate of when. I eventually got 2-3 weeks then a couple of weeks later, 3-4 weeks.

Today I finally got my refund, and to be perfectly honest, unless you want to take their word for it, the only way to get your money back is to threaten legal action and in this case, I did. I said if the money wasn't refunded by the next day then I would meet with my solicitor and start action. Funnily enough I got an email the day after I threatened legal and I got an actual email from the department which is apparantly isolated and uncontactable 99.9% of the time. Alternatively if you paid with a debit/credit your probably protected (clarify). In this case, I spoke to my bank HSBC about a chargeback and I eventually started a dispute as well but that was taking far too long. A month to wait for £728 is long enough.

DO NOT BUY FROM WAEPLUS.
  • Still waiting for my refund and despite loads of telephone assurances....nothing
    I have spoken to various people and they advise to take the following course of action.
    Contact the credit card you used to pay for your purchase and ask for an immediate chargeback. This they are legally obliged to do if the goods have not been delivered within the timescale agreed.
    Then as above contact the various consumer groups referred to. How this company of crooks is allowed to trade is beyond me, it says everything about trading standards in this country.
  • Well, as i said the other day, I contacted WAE to request a refund and fair play to them , they did refund the money in 2 days.
    I had it go into my account yesterday.

I really hope that the rest of you get your refunds as well.
  • norbie
    norbie Posts: 137 Forumite
    This retailer is an utter disgrace, below is an email I sent them yesterday and had no reply to.
    D[SIZE=-1]ear Sir / Madam

I placed an order on your website (ref #****) over 9 days ago on the 31st October, and have still not received it.

I chose the option for 3-5 working day delivery as although I did not need the items in an immediate hurry, this timespan was acceptable.

On Wednesday 7th November (5 working days after ordering) I noted that the status of my order on your website was still "Items Allocated" and that it had not been despatched. Concerned, I phoned your customer service team to check up on the order. I was informed that the order had been despatched but there was no tracking number to hand. I was told to expect this to be updated on the website Wednesday evening so that I would be able to track the shipment.

On Thursday 8th November (6 working days after ordering) the order status had still not changed so I made another call to your customer service team. I was told that the items had not been despatched and would "hopefully" be despatched Thursday in time for delivery on Friday. Why had I been lied to the previous day when I was told it had been despatched?
    I expressed my concerns that this order was now late and was assured that the order would be despatched that day and I'd be able to view the tracking info online.

Today (Friday 9th November) it was of no surprise to me at all to see that the order status had still not changed. I had to make yet another phone call to your customer service team. The member of staff I spoke to told me that they had still not received all the items to send out to me. Quite how this managed to go backwards from "It's being despatched today" (Thursday) and "It's been despatched" (Wednesday) I do not know. After "further investigation" I was told that all the items were actually in hand and would be despatched today.

I requested to speak to a manager as this has now become beyond a joke and I am sure you will agree is frankly embarassing to your company as "one of the fastest growing online retailers" (something I've heard many times this week when waiting on hold). Unfortunately I was told that there was no-one available to take my call. I explained how this matter needs to be resolved today. I have been waiting over a week for this order, lied to by your staff, heard a different excuse and false promises of despatch every day. When I requested that my order be despatched immediately on an express delivery for Saturday (tomorrow) I was informed that you "do not do weekend deliveries". Well it does not seem that you do weekday deliveries either as so far you've taken my money and I've seen nothing in return.

I would appreciate a call back to my mobile ([SIZE=-1]***[/SIZE]) ASAP today to confirm how you will resolve this matter with haste. If I do not hear back from you today I will be forced to refer you to Trading Standards and have my bank unauthorise the payment. I also note that you have links to several third party review websites on your website. I'll be sure to pass on my comments once this matter has been resolved, one way or another.

Regards
    [/SIZE]

And then followed up today with:
    [SIZE=-1]It is now Saturday 10th November, 10 days after placing my order and the items have still not been despatched.

Furthermore, nobody had the decency to get back to me yesterday by phone or email.

I attempted to get through to customer services by phone yesterday afternoon for the best part of an hour, but was cut off every time as there was nobody available.

I note that there are other disgruntled customers of yours that I have found complaining about the similarly terrible customer service they have received from your company on Twitter.

Would you please contact me as soon as possible before I take this to Trading Standards / Watchdog etc. Your unreasonable delays have now caused my company loss of business due to customers not being able to wait any longer for their goods.

I am today registering complaints with ISIS / IMRG as you do not deserve their accreditations on your website.[/SIZE]

After coming across this thread, I am now asking my card provider to cancel the payment and look forward to phoning Trading Standards to report them on Monday!!
  • norbie
    I spoke to Trading Standards this morning who confirmed they are committing criminal activity by breaching contract on delivery dates and refusing to give customers refunds.

I've been phoning WAE all day today and they are apparently "too busy" to answer any phone calls today.

There's someone posting on their Facebook page at least - look at all the complaints being posted on there! A friend commented and it got deleted and he is now banned from the page!

https://www.facebook.com/waeplus/posts/302848216496639?comment_id=1356165&notif_t=share_reply

I have contacted ISIS who have given them "accredited retailer" status in WAE's footer - what a total joke.
  • I'm still waiting for £516.58 since i cancelled an order on 5th October!

Same thing happened to me. Ordered a Samsung 27" LCD on Sept 19th. They said it was in stock. I even phoned them before to check! Took 3 attempts to cancel my order. Have called and emailed every week and still get the same reply saying we are dealing with it. I even got an email saying we have one in stock now if you want it. Which i don't because i ordered one from ebuyer and it was delivered the next day. They don't reply to me now!

I have just sent a fraud request form to my VISA card company as i can't wait any longer. I have also called Trading Standards and posted on Facebook after reading this forum.

Best of luck to all.
  • norbie
    edited 12 November 2012 at 11:09PM
    Check out this recent interview with the owner - http://www.leonbaileygreen.com/retail-features/10/15/lets-discuss-wae/

"Ben puts poor customer reviews, on websites such as resellerratings and trustpilot, down to problems (now rectified) with its card merchant, as well as its now terminated relationship with Yodel – the company now works with UPS."

Why not email him your comments - [EMAIL="bslater@waeplus.com"][email protected][/EMAIL] and [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure