anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• I have paid for 8-10 working days delivery for a product I ordered on 1st October. According to WAE+ terms and conditions a legally binding contract only starts once payment has been received. My invoice states delivery between 12th-16th October, but no despatch has been updated when I log into the site. I have since read some reviews and came across Birmingham Trading Standards website who are investigating weareelectricals.com but not wae+.co.uk. Their advice is to contact consumer direct which is what I will be doing if I don't receive the product on the 16th. I won't be waiting any longer!

I wished I read the reviews and paid a few quid extra for less hassle! Does anyone have any experience of having their delivery charge refunded from this mob??
  • Oh no! Ive ordered from WAE, a lego train for my son, its supposed to be arriving from 19th Oct - 23rd, but its only 18th today.
    Seeing all these comments though, Im very worried, the money has aready been taken from my account last week, I only did a search to which delivery company might be bringing it and this page came up.
    Looking at this I doubt any delivery company will be bringing it.

I wonder if I should contact them and tell them Im worried it s not going to arrive because of what I`ve seen here? Do any of you mind if I sent them a link to this page?

Many Thanks, a worried Mum : (
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    I too wish I had looked on here first....Ordered 9th, paid for faster posting - it still says stock allocated, when you call they lie and say it will be delivered Monday (it was not), then they say not sure if posted ,. then it has been posted...then the warehouse cannot tell them if it has been posted.

once you try to cancel, they say you can only cancel by refusing teh goods - how can you refuse something they have not shipped?

Its an absolute disgrace, and I think I will have to resort to myu first ever chargeback as its over £200 for the printer I ordered
  • i ordered a lego city mine on 3rd october, its now a week past the date they said it would arrive, i contacted them and they promised me it would come this week, it hasnt come, i contacted them again and they said they were having problems with suppliers and will not be getting this item. im hoping they will refund my money quickly as i still need to get the item. i would avoid at all costs!
  • As a long time computer professional I should have known better. Got stung for £241. I should have realised what kind of outfit they are when i looked at their website. You have every option under the sun to click on for cancelling refunds etc. No reputable site needs to do that. I smelt a rat when i realised the girl on the phone last week was lying through her teeth.
    My educated guess about this outfit is they don't have any stock, they buy it in when you order it, that is if they can get it. What i bought was not cheaper than anywhere else, it was the type of scanner i needed.
    I have registered a complaint with the trading standards dept. They have said if you have a complaint then please let them know and they will look into this company. The number to call is 08454 04 05 06 us option 3 when they answer. The more of you who do the more chance we have of closing them down.
    I have been given advice under the distance selling regulations as what to do. With this outfit i doubt it but i will try. If i get success i will post what to do.
  • I wish I had read these posts before I ordered a Benq 23 inch monitor cost £108 with postage. I ordered it on the 12th and the website said it would be delivered between 19th-23rd even though it was 4-6 days delivery. when I contacted them on 24th as it hadnt arrived i was told it had been discontinued. I informed them it was a new monitor they then said it was out of stock. I then told them it wasnt showing that on their website the operator then said they are subject to outside influences however they would put express delivery on it. this was last wednesday but he said it wouldnt be here by the beginning of next week. I then asked for a refund and was informed it would take at least four weeks. having just spoke to them I am now told it is out of stock. seems like excuse after excuse.
  • Hello

This company are an absolute shambles - do not use them!
    I ordered a typewriter on 29/9 and the money was taken from my credit card on 1/10. I was promised delivery within 14 days. Despite various calls all I got was delays until I cancelled the order 0n 23/10 and bought elsewhere. I was promised a full refund immediately after refusing persistent offers of a credit note. It is now 27/10 and nothing has happened. This is not good enough - my only online company gives refunds when necessary immediately and others do the same. One should not have to keep checking. Why should I have to keep phoning them at 1.5p a minute additional costs and be kept hanging on for sometimes 5-10 minutes?

Not good enough this is clearly a company who don't care about customers. I spend thousands of pounds a year on purchasing online from equivalent companies. I shall not return here.:mad:
  • Whatever you do dont deal with this company not only wont they deliver they will not respond to e mails .It takes ages to manage to talk to anybody on the phone ,then you wont get any sense or commitment to resolve a problem.I placed an order for 66.55 pounds they failed to meet the delivery time over a week later I am still waiting to hear when I will get a refund.My next step will be the small claims court.They may advertise cheaper prices but in terms of aggravation it would be better to deal with a more reliable and reputable company even if it meant paying a little more.
    TAKE MY ADVICE LEAVE THEM ALONE.
  • ive since put a post on there facebook page which they replied to straight away and said my refund had been issued, i checked my email and i had one saying it had been actioned, it seems a lot of people have done the same, it appears its not untill you start on the social media they issue the refunds. i had messages from 7 days ago saying the refund would be issued, this wasn't the case, as soon as i started on facebook it has supposedly been issued, 3 more days to wait and see if this is the case.
  • Just like the previous posts, I made a purchase with WAE+ but over two months ago and have been chasing them ever since. They promise to refund the money but hey ho, nothing happens. I escalated this with my credit card company who have suspended the transaction. This means the transaction amount has been credited back to my account until the matter is resolved. This approach is worth considering if you get nowhere. Above all, stay well clear of this unscrupulous retailer!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure