anyone heard/used waeplus.co.uk (wae+) at all?

Comments

• WAEareRUBBISH
    WAEareRUBBISH Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2013 at 8:14AM
    One thing I do know is WAE+ are a terrible company to deal with when your order goes wrong. When I rang Trading Standards there was no surprise to them when I mentioned their trading name.

It is also no surprise that they get some glowing reviews. I can’t imagine why you would overly praise them, even if your order arrived. If I bought an item which arrived in time, I would give them a pleasant review.

Whilst reviews are looked into, the more important thing to look into is their customer service and the fact they advertise for sale items which are not in stock. My items had more than doubled in price since I paid for them, so they could never have fulfilled the order. They need people to go under cover for this one, there is a lot going wrong inside this company, the last thing people need to hear is their lies on TV. We need hard evidence to show them up with.

They have almost £150 of my money, will not communicate and will not refund.This is typical treatment when you ask for a refund.

To have to force refund through your credit card company seems to be a common issue, I'm still so appalled. I await the day they are on Watchdog, but somehow know they will spin it to look like customers like me are in the minority, so it is all fine.

In this country cheap and rubbish rules and we sit by and watch our high street shops go under. We want better futures for our children, yet forget that each and every one of us contributes to the decline in this country by shopping online from anywhere which is cheap.

My change this year is going to be to shop from the high street where I can afford, and only ever shop from well-known and well-rated UK suppliers. And I hope I never come across the likes of this vermin outlet WAE+ again. I stupidly never looked at the negative reviews I just ordered blind. Never again!
  • I to have had dealings with this appalling setup, saying "in-stock" when it is not, belligerent attitudes by people on the phone, lies as to delivery dates, where my goods are etc...

So if you want to send a letter of complaint rather than the company hiding behind email bots here is the information freely available from companies house in the public domain on who owns it (not the reg office)

07789019 (Company reg number)
    Reg Office
    WAE+ LIMITED
    180 NEWHALL STREET
    BIRMINGHAM
    ENGLAND
    B3 1SJ

CRESSWELL, DARREN MR (Director 1)
    27/09/2011 (Date he created the company)

2 REDHOUSE SQUARE
    DUNCAN CLOSE MOULTON PARK
    NORTHAMPTON
    NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
    UNITED KINGDOM
    NN3 6WL

SLATER, BEN STEPHEN MR (Director 2 & Company secretary)
    27/09/2011
    APARTMENT 15 52 MASON WAY
    BIRMINGHAM
    UNITED KINGDOM
    B15 2EE

Feel free to drop in or drop them a letter to see if your problems can be resolved or better still send the local sheriff or bailiffs to recover any outstanding monies or goods to the amount you are owed.

Better still in this age of instant communication I will be happy to start a "Anti-Fan" page on Facebook now that I have these guy's names and you are all invited to join me to spread the word:-)

I don't not advocate any unlawful action but I do feel people like this should be exposed and brought to book for the negative actions they inflict on other people.

If the moderators for legal reasons here have to remove the freely available information drop me a line and I will be happy to give it to you.

These people clearly do not care about who they rip off or what damage they cause by their actions and standard policy for them is to claim 1,000's of items in stock when in reality they are not.

Oh BTW they also supply tobacco, storage space, food, beverages and some mail order houses (according to details at Companies House.

Fingers in many pies, none in customer service.

Don't let them put you off of doing business with a majority of honest people.

Don't allow these people to bank our hard earned money.

All the best.

Jason3
  • Please everyone sign the online petition. I can't post a link, but you can find it on Facebook or by Google search... shut down wae plus petition

Thank you.
  • lightwave25
    lightwave25 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 30 May 2013 at 2:13PM
    I do not need to go into the specifics of my order or experience as it is pretty much the same faced by everyone. Moveable delivery dates which appear invented. In stock items which take two weeks to not appear, Customer Services Team which seem unable to assist and managers which are illusive at best and unable to speak to as they are permanently in meetings and do not return calls.

My issue was going on for some time so I decided to up the ante. I emailed the Operations Director [text removed by MSE Forum Team], copied this email in to the wae management team ([email protected]), Trading Standards ([email protected]) and my bank (as I payed by their Visa card).

Although no one senior from the Company phoned, as I demanded in my email. The item did arrive the very next day.
  • We reported WAE+ to trading standards and have asked the credit card company to force refund. But the credit card company say they have to give 45 days. So of course WAE+ will take every single day they can before having to refund our money.

I don't see how you get worse than this? It speaks volumes for how WAE+ operate. Only returning money to the customer when forced and after months of having your hard earned money in thier bank account.

Notice how WAE+ don't try to defend themselves here!!! Come on WAE+ defend your reasons for treating thousands of your customers like a pocket to pick in a back alley.

You can't defend your actions, you are stealing people's money, you would never deliver out of stock items, you would never refund money unless forced.

So you keep people's money when they don't fight you tooth and nail...that is theft!

To think we have such a company operating within the UK is sickening. You have zero shame and zero morals, and I can't wait to be one of the people giving every shred of my experience along with many others to Watchdog and/or don't get done get Dom.

If anyone can think of any other programs who might like to hear about these theives, please list them here.
  • Should have done this search before ordering a simple printer Toner cartridge. They clearly don't have items in stock, but advertise them nonetheless. Several phone calls resulted in excuse after excuse and promises of delivery. After a month I cancelled the order and was told that I would have my refund within 15 days, no chance. Still waiting.
  • Please do sign the petition and review them on trustpilot and reviewcentre. trustpilot have been known to remove reviews, but you might as well try. reviewcentre has so far left my review public and don't subscribe to WAE+ staff fake reviews.

Every review, complaint, report to trading standards, credit card company dispute for refund, and mere mention of how corrupt this company is, helps in making this vile company change their stinking ways.
  • Also, very interesting story in Guardian just google or search 'Fake reviews plague consumer websites' & WAE.

As very interesting follow up story, when Guardian found freelance writer contracted by WAE to post fake reviews...and various blogs describing in detail the fake customer details and review details.

Other stories on web and on guardian news include following headlines 'Concern grows over electricals website
    Online shopping site WAE+ promises low prices but has prompted customer complaints'

Trustpilot never posted my review of WAE+, but allowed many fake ones

This is quite upsetting as my experience is an honest one.
  • I ordered a Samsung sound bar on the 5th January with a delivery date of the 15th January, paying by credit card. On 17th January I used there web form to find out when the item would be delivered and I was informed that the item was out of stock and that I could have a refund. I asked for the refund and was informed that this would be processed and back into my account in a few working days.
    On 21st January I again contacted WAE and gave them until close of business on the 21st to credit my account. When this didn't happen I contacted my credit card company and informed them that WAE had failed to supply goods and had also failed to refund the monies to my account.
    I searched on line to find many of the same sort of stories and found 2 email address on the MoneySavingExpert website:-
    [email protected] &
    [email protected]
    I emailed these individuals on the 3rd February re the poor service of the company, which coincidentally was the date that the refund was made to my credit card.
    Why should they have the interest on my money when they cannot supply the good or refund my money.
    ******BUYER BEWARE******
  • Emanuele_Ciriachi
    Emanuele_Ciriachi Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2013 at 11:06AM
    Almost got scammed by them yesterday. I actually ordered ~£300 of PC components from them, and THEN I read this thread. Almost gave me a heart attack.

I have phoned my bank who told me to wait at least 3 days to see if the money is not taken/gave back, then I instantly cancelled my order (30 minutes after purchase, was in the evening) and emailed those three addresses:

[email protected]
    [text removed by MSE Forum Team]

with a cease and desist letter mentioning that I had already contacted my bank and solicitor and that I don't want my order, "suggesting" they don't take my money. They replied in two distinct emails mentioning that they will not, but that they will "contact the authorities" as they suspect fraud. Lol.

NOW I understand why my other credit card was not working with them...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure