Free Courses

Comments

• Iffy_Wallet
    Iffy_Wallet Posts: 266 Forumite
    I did mention this a while back: http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

but like a lot of things on the site, they "fall down the back of the sofa" and disappear - perhaps lost on the old site?

Free course information from Massachusetts
    Institute of Technlogy

"a free and open educational resource for faculty, students, and
    self-learners around the world. OCW supports MIT's mission to advance
    knowledge and education, and serve the world in the 21st century. It is true
    to MIT's values of excellence, innovation, and leadership"

Fairly radical ! M.I.T. is a highly respected organisation in the States.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alternatively, is this any good to you: http://www.intelligentedu.com/cat1.html
    Our brand new Free Computer Training Search site is now online, containing over 100,000 free educational, training and tutorial web resources, all at your fingertips

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alternatively, (not free) but some can be cheap:
    http://catalogue.learndirect.co.uk/courses/
    [ Eat, Drink and be Merry - for tomorrow we get the bill ]
  • tonygch96
    tonygch96 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Many thanks for the tip.
    I have just signed up for H&S - Long Live the Freebies!
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I also signed up for the emotional intelligence course and, although I live in a city with half a dozen colleges and two universities I never got off the starting block owing to their being no coverage by tutors in my area! I was disappointed at the time.
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • Thanks for this have just signed up for healthy living course. Would have liked to sign up for the Money Management course as that would have helped in my current role as Money Management Officer within a large credit union..
    I love to wake up and meet the day. I think that life is not to be wasted or thrown away.:D
  • belleooo
    belleooo Posts: 196 Forumite
    I have applied for the Equality and Diversity course as it looks interesting. I've got exams for the Open University course I am currently doing next month so hoping I don't hear anything for a couple of months.:eek:
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Not available to Northern Ireland residents! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
  • I signed up a couple of months ago, in anticipation of a specific course being available. I recently received an email saying the course was now available, in my area, and I should register. I did so and was told to wait for the paper work/application form. I then received an email saying sorry, the course I wanted was not available in my area, but there are alternative courses. If I was willing to pay. I wonder how many of these courses are truly available.
  • g'kar
    g'kar Posts: 31 Forumite
    i signed up and got a place straight away!
  • TraciJ2
    TraciJ2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hi peopel,

I've been with Vision 2 learn since last Spring and have completed the Health & Safety course with flying colours!! <big headed hehehe> I've now started the Next steps in IT which is brill and have just started Emotional Intelligence which sadly is stretching me brain-cells!! I put it down to being a full time eejit!!!!

www.vision2learn.co.uk

Traci xxxx

I saw, I shopped, I bought it!

:A
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Shame they don't have a list of colleges that can be used.

Anyone know if there is a college in Stafford / Stoke On Trent that I could use for their courses?!?!?

Can someone also tell me if there is a time limit on completing the course, and how much study is required?

M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport