Asda Price Guarantee

2»

Comments

• calisto
    calisto Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2011 at 9:50PM
    Got £2.09 back - so at least the St. Agur's are more than paid for.

Unfortunately I purchased 4 cans of Marstons Pedigree for £3.50 ASDA which where £4.25 or something in Tesco, and so they took this off.

Also loads of items declared N/A as they were ASDA own brand sweets, yet the own brand Smartprice Salmon Bits, and own brand Hummous were included, and also the branded Youngs Mariners pie didnt show up in Tesco, but the Admiral pies did compare???

Looking at the receipts, the comparison websites, etc, I still can't work out what is going on... I mean with the "8 rule"...??
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    I've got almost £6 of vouchers which I have to spend. The question and answers section of their website says:

"you can redeem your voucher at the customer service desk if you are spending less than the value of the voucher"

Does anyone know if that means I could buy a paper for 30p and then get £5.70 cash back or does it mean they would exchange my £6 vouchers for £5.70 vouchers??
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    edited 20 December 2011 at 2:40PM
    calisto wrote: »
    it appears you need 8 *different* items, but they have to be "qualifying items". How the !!!! am I meant to know what qualifies?

According to Asda Price Guarantee website they will compare a "qualifying basket or trolley of food grocery products you've bought at our stores or online as long as there are at least 8 different items, of which at least 1 should be comparable"

When they say "qualifying" they mean it can't be in the following categories: Home, Electricals, Furnishings, Garden, Entertainment, Hardware, Sports, Toys, George, Kiosk, Jewellery, Prescriptions, Optical, Fuel, Photo-processing, Dry Cleaning and all online only products including financial services, flowers, mobile, travel and gifts

i.e. it is a food grocery comparison tool only

So you can compare your shop if it contains any 8 different food grocery products that are not in the above categories and at least 1 of them are sold in a competitor
    calisto wrote: »
    PS. This £40 / £5 voucher - I cannot see what this offer is on the links provided.

Details are HERE

But this offer only applies to receipts dated up to 11th December and checked on APG before 15th January. If your receipt is dated after Dec 11th then you won't qualify (something I only realised today when checking a receipt dated Dec 19th)
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • I have a question hopefully someone will know the answer to. If I have one of the £5 off a £40 shop vouchers from the price guarantee and the next time I go shopping I spend £40 (therefore taking my bill down to £35 when using the voucher) would I then get another £5 off voucher when I do the price check or would I need to spend £45 to bring it down to £40 in order to qualify?
  • aau1
    sparky0138 wrote: »
    I have a question hopefully someone will know the answer to. If I have one of the £5 off a £40 shop vouchers from the price guarantee and the next time I go shopping I spend £40 (therefore taking my bill down to £35 when using the voucher) would I then get another £5 off voucher when I do the price check or would I need to spend £45 to bring it down to £40 in order to qualify?

Yes, you would ;)

No need to spend £45 at all
  • most times when I go shopping, I spend £80 to £100... and the 'qualifying items' total comes to around £20-£30... so most of my shopping never qualifies... and of the stuff that does, it only has to be around £2 cheaper. I'm not a person to split my shopping into loads... too much hassle for what may be another quid.
  • aau1
    alinwales wrote: »
    most times when I go shopping, I spend £80 to £100... and the 'qualifying items' total comes to around £20-£30... so most of my shopping never qualifies... and of the stuff that does, it only has to be around £2 cheaper. I'm not a person to split my shopping into loads... too much hassle for what may be another quid.

if you are doing £80-£100 a time just split your shopping in two and get 2 receipts for between £40 and £50 each and with more than 8 different items on them.

It doesn't matter what the comparable values are or if you get an Asda Price Guarantee voucher or not because You will get 2x£5 off £40 vouchers either way

So the next week when you are doing your £80-100 shop just split it in two again, use a £5 voucher on each transaction, save £10 in total and then do the same next week

This promo is running for the rest of the year and you could easily save £10 a week (more if yo get an APG for any of your receipts)
  • aau1 wrote: »
    Yes, you would ;)

No need to spend £45 at all

Thanks, aau1. Thought that was the case but just thought I'd have someone confirm it. :)
  • I popped into Asda near my office today and someone had left their receipt in the trolley that I used. Out of devilment I have just put the bar code details in to the APG website and now have a voucher for £5.21! Whilst I wouldn't necessarily go scouring the car park for discarded receipts, it was a happy windfall. I will buy some extra petfood and donate to the local shelter on my next visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure