Natwest Credit Card 1 day late

Paid my Natwest credit card one day late....does anyone know if this will be reported to the credit reference agencies as a late payment?

I know MBNA only report a payment as late if it is completely missed?

Comments

• For 1 day, I doubt it. If you keep doing it they may not look too kindly on it.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    You may get lucky and it wont be reported but whether it's 1 day late, or 100 days.. it's still a late payment.

It would probably be best if you contact NatWest and explain to them why you were late, and ask if there will be any late payment fees.

Even if they do report it to the credit reference agencies, one late payment marker won't do much damage. It happens to everyone from time to time.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Late payments don't matter too much, missed payments do!

Set up a Min DD so you don't have to worry about making the payments on time and pay more if you can.
  • A single "1" instead of "0" if they do report it won't make a huge difference to your credit score :)
  • lynxptc wrote: »
    Paid my Natwest credit card one day late....does anyone know if this will be reported to the credit reference agencies as a late payment?

I know MBNA only report a payment as late if it is completely missed?

It seems too obvious, but why not set up a DD for the minimum payment at least.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm going back 5 years or so, but Natwest marked me down as a late payment and charged me, by missing the payment by 1 or 2 days.

Still showing on my report now, the only blemish in 6 years.
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I had a late 1 day late with the halifax about 4 months ago, the did charge me but I did find that it wasn't on my credit file when I checked it recently.

As mentioned, if they do mark it then it shouldn't do too much damage.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • Not sure about your card, but I paid my Amex card 2 days before the due date using their phone operators. I was charged a £12 late payment fee, they told me it could take up to 72 hours to process!!! Phoning back did get the charge reversed, so beware.

Mark
  • Resist the siren calls to sign up to a DD....

Just don't be late again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport