P45 from Job Centre Required

Apparently I am due a tax refund for 2009/2010. I was signing on at the start of the tax year until June the 15th. The tax office are asking for my P45 from the JC when I finished signing on. The thing is I can't remember getting one. How do I get one sent out to me? Dealing with them can be stressful at the best of times.

Comments

• LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,975
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    Apparently I am due a tax refund for 2009/2010. I was signing on at the start of the tax year until June the 15th. The tax office are asking for my P45 from the JC when I finished signing on. The thing is I can't remember getting one. How do I get one sent out to me? Dealing with them can be stressful at the best of times.

What have you done since 15 June 2009? Have you needed to provide your P45 to anyone else since then? For instance, might you have used it when registering with an employment agency?
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    I've been in the same job since then I think I gave my employer a p46 because didn't have a p45. will the job centre still have a p45 for me??
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You won't need the P45, but the P60 from your employer that'll cover you for the tax year (the benefits you received as well as the employment they later gave you)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    but i've got the p60 from my employer and it doesn't cover when i was on benefits just what i have earned with them. :(
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It should do. There's a separate box for 'previous employment' on the P60 for those that started work within the tax year with that employer.

If it doesn't (and you were receiving benefits) then you've probably not been charged enough tax on your current employment.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure