Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sounds like you both had a lovely night out Emmie :D

Enjoy your spa, I love a good spa and catch up! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well I've had a fab (and very spendy) weekend :beer:

Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning, I did a million loads of washing and the house is gleaming.
    I then had a lovely spa evening with friends, this is definitely not a regular occurrence, I have been to a spa about 5 times in my adult life so I feel it's probably something I do once every 2 or 3 years, although I am considering adding a spa category into my budget so I can do it more often :D

I did spend £12.50 even though the spa and meal were paid for, we had a bottle of prosecco while in the outdoor pool and a bottle of wine with the meal, so between the 4 of us it was £12.50 each. One of the girls drove and so didn't have to pay anything and I think in the future I might do that so I get out of the pressure of chipping in for a bottle of wine if I'm struggling with my budget.

Right now I have £37.50 left for the month, but I think I have 2 quiet weekends, fingers crossed.

Oh and I got my money from my friend :T now all I need is £30 this Thursday and I've got it all.

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Glad you got the money back, sounds like a lovely evening too and £12.50 is well worth the enjoyment imo ;)

Have a nice day :D
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Absolutely add the spa category into your budget Emmie :D

I love a spa day, glad you've had a great weekend though xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    Absolutely add the spa category into your budget Emmie :D

I love a spa day, glad you've had a great weekend though xx

I so wish I could, but I keep, adding categories by the day at the moment, my outgoings are nearly the same as my income which is just no good. Maybe that will be a long term goal. I'll know I'm winning at life when there is a spa category in my budget :rotfl:

I've spent £6 in Aldi today just on bread, eggs, crisps and a bar of chocolate. I am going to make some Rice Krispie cakes for lunchbox fillers / desserts with the chocolate.

My clubcard merlin pass voucher has arrived and my brother in law is going to give me £100 for it when he collects :T I have been having a little panic about the budget and the fact that I'm going to struggle to pay anything more off the cards than I had budgeted which means my dfd will be 24 months :( but if I can just think of little money making schemes every month then hopefully it will slowly reduce.

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    24 months isn't that far away! Similar to mine, we can still be here in 24 months to celebrate together ;)
  • emmie26
    24 months isn't that far away! Similar to mine, we can still be here in 24 months to celebrate together ;)

We can keep each other sane :rotfl:to be honest I think it's proably better to do it slow and steady we've all heard the tortoise and the hare story ;)

debt reduced by 32%
  • Look on the bright side: my DFD is NINE FREAKING YEARS away :eek: . I was here before you, and I'll be here a loooooonnnng time after you :D
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • emmie26
    What a flippin day!! Yesterday my DH was supposed to pick my DD up from school but said I might have to get her if he needed to work late because of some big health and safety inspection, in the afternoon I tried calling and texting to see if I needed to pick her up and there was no reply so I assumed that I did and rushed from work to get her, only to find her no where to be seen, I had teachers looking for her but nobody knew where she was. I called home and my DH said he had got her and his phone wasn't working :mad::mad:
    Today my DH was picking up except I forgot I'd asked my mum last week to collect her :o:o so today my DH has been in school looking for her and my mum had her!! The school must think that we are nuts :rotfl:

To be honest though this is just a sign of my disorganised life. I work full time in a full on job, so does my DH and then I'm a cub leader in my spare time as well as organising get togethers for friends and it my poor family that get the raw deal. Tonight I was supposed to cook chilli for tea but didn't have half the ingredients, I did cook spaghetti bolognese but im just frustrated with myself. The cupboards, fridge and freezer are literally bare and there is hardly any money left in the food kitty, with more than ten days to go until the budget starts again.

Sorry for miserable post, I just wish I was a good housewife and more organised :(

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Look on the bright side: my DFD is NINE FREAKING YEARS away :eek: . I was here before you, and I'll be here a loooooonnnng time after you :D

I'm Mrs boomerang, I was in debt I cleared it and then I'm back in debt, hopefully this will be it for you and you'll make permanent changes because you'll have stuck to it for nine freaking years :T

debt reduced by 32%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills