Finally getting sorted

Comments

• Day off and can't sleep. Been awake a while. I just can't see a way out of this mess. I'm working 70 hours a week and still hardly managing to pay it all. No one knows about my debts. I can't believe I've got into such a mess feel ill thinking about it
  • You have paid off £700 in just two months if I'm reading your signature correctly. That is a brilliant achievement! The more you pay off at the start, as time goes on the interest will be less and less and you'll start paying off more of the capital. You're doing this for future you - you're suffering now so future you can be happy, out of debt, and keep all the money to do what you want to do! Keep on slogging, you are doing really well.

Hows your SOA going? Anywhere in the budget you can make a few cuts? Any events coming up that you could get out of and save the £30 here and there to throw at the debt. Is there any chance you can get a 0% balance transfer for some - even if not all - of the Cc debt to beat that high APR?

Look to the future - you are managing this and one day it will all be gone! And you're getting a pay rise and if you want to keep that for yourself for fun money to make it easier on yourself then do it :-)

Ada
  • You have paid off £700 in just two months if I'm reading your signature correctly. That is a brilliant achievement! The more you pay off at the start, as time goes on the interest will be less and less and you'll start paying off more of the capital. You're doing this for future you - you're suffering now so future you can be happy, out of debt, and keep all the money to do what you want to do! Keep on slogging, you are doing really well.

Hows your SOA going? Anywhere in the budget you can make a few cuts? Any events coming up that you could get out of and save the £30 here and there to throw at the debt. Is there any chance you can get a 0% balance transfer for some - even if not all - of the Cc debt to beat that high APR?

Look to the future - you are managing this and one day it will all be gone! And you're getting a pay rise and if you want to keep that for yourself for fun money to make it easier on yourself then do it :-)

Ada

Thank you. I've tried to get a 0% card but couldn't get one as have to much debt so will just have to keep paying off what I can. I'm trying to leave myself a little bit of " fun" money as otherwise I will end up reaching for the credit card again
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Things will start to work out soon! You have done so much for having just started!!

We all have low points believe me I was at my wits end some days, dont worry xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Day off work today. Being money saving by staying in bed. Got a 10p refund on my credit card ( not sure why) so paid off another £9.90 to make it a round number again.

Trying to work out how best to tackle this mess but as I don't have a set income not sure how to work it out
  • Paid another £40 off the credit card so new total £3050. Have £150 to last me the 16 days until payday. Fingers crossed it will all work out.
  • Need to make a decision. I've been doing the sealed tin and it's feeling pretty heavy. I'm going into town later. Am tempted to open it and pay it off the credit card as n the long run it's not gaining anything sitting in the window. Even if there's only £50 in it it would save some interest. What do you think?
  • Might have done the wrong thing but opened my sealed tins had over £180 and I hadn't missed a penny. Just going to the bank and pay it in and check I've counted it right then going to pay a bit off the loan and the rest off the credit card
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think it was the right thing.....£180 wow!!

Well done you are doing well.
  • Kittencat wrote: »
    I think it was the right thing.....£180 wow!!

Well done you are doing well.

Thank you. Paid £50 off the loan and the rest of the credit card. Bought myself a new sealed tin so ready to start again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure