14 years I feel Ive wasted,not sure how to cope

Comments

• my-user-name
    my-user-name Posts: 267
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    He never did any improvements to my home sarah,now I'm glad he didn't!
    However he did build me a wardrobe way back in 2010 (but I paid for the wood,screws,nails and glue) :(
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    He never did any improvements to my home sarah,now I'm glad he didn't!
    However he did build me a wardrobe way back in 2010 (but I paid for the wood,screws,nails and glue) :(

Omg what a ****! :mad::mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • my-user-name
    Forumite
    edited 3 April 2017 at 3:58PM
    Just checked my online banking..hes put £6,000 in not £7,000 and its via a cheque.
    A grand total of £35 a month extra for a 14 year relationship.
    I thought I was worth more but obviously I wasn't :(
  • my-user-name
    Forumite
    Just checked my online banking..hes put £6,000 in not £7,000 and its via a cheque.
    A grand total of £35 a month extra for a 14 year relationship.
    I thought I was worth more but obviously I wasn't :(
    Should I just count my losses and accept it??
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    All I can say is spend it wisely
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Tell him that you realised he was crap at finance, but surely he must know the difference between a number 6 and 7 LOL
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • I'd say he's trying to provoke you in to contacting him. He knows how much you agreed, he knows sending less will annoy you, he thinks you'll phone him up demanding more, all so he can have a bit of a go at you again.

Remember, you showed him that you're perfectly capable of living without him, and he doesn't like that.

Just leave it. It's disappointing, even heartbreaking, but you're much better than he is. No texts, no emails, no calls. If he contacts you asking "did my payment arrive?" then you say "Yes thank you", if he contacts you saying "Did my £7000 arrive?" you just say "Money received, thank you" without confirming any kind of number that actually showed up. Ignore any message after that.

Tonight I think you need a hot bath or shower and a good watch of something on TV or DVD. No doctor around so this is Historian's orders!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Six grand more than you had a week ago. You could put some of it towards a pension plan and treat yourself with the rest
  • my-user-name
    Forumite
    I'd say he's trying to provoke you in to contacting him. He knows how much you agreed, he knows sending less will annoy you, he thinks you'll phone him up demanding more, all so he can have a bit of a go at you again.

Remember, you showed him that you're perfectly capable of living without him, and he doesn't like that.

Just leave it. It's disappointing, even heartbreaking, but you're much better than he is. No texts, no emails, no calls. If he contacts you asking "did my payment arrive?" then you say "Yes thank you", if he contacts you saying "Did my £7000 arrive?" you just say "Money received, thank you" without confirming any kind of number that actually showed up. Ignore any message after that.

Tonight I think you need a hot bath or shower and a good watch of something on TV or DVD. No doctor around so this is Historian's orders!

I'm leaving it Vintage,Id rather walk away with my head held high and with £6,000 that I didn't know I had a week ago than ranting to him about welching on his deal.
    I,ll count my blessings and save it for a rainy day,besides I don't wish to commumicate with him anyway.I think Ive made the right decision.
  • kelpie35 wrote: »
    All I can say is spend it wisely
    I wont be spending it kelpie,I,ll be saving it,x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills