Job on the line. Debt must go!

Options
Brightspark87
Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
edited 12 May 2014 at 4:07PM in Debt free diaries
Having started my MSE earlier this year, I am starting a diary in order to benefit from being more controlled and paying off all this debt.

I was married at the end of last month, it was a beautiful gorgeous day but now that we are getting down to the reality of married life I would like us to start paying off more of our debt and become debt free.

I also want to further my career and my debt is seriously holding me back. Financial Services is not a good industry to become an expert in if you have debt!

So I will start with what I have done today. I've completed my application of 6336 question service, done an Ocado shop (great £20 off £60 shop so stocking up!) and tried to do as many surveys as possible.

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014

Comments

• Brightspark87
    Options
    So start of another beautiful day. I've got to get my new passport in my married name so fingers crossed I can stretch the budget this month! Its all the little bits with a wedding I found that have mounted up. Things like all the thank you cards and stamps, (which we still have to write!!).

Today I have my one 2 one and fingers crossed it all goes well. I would SO love a pay rise. even additional £500 a year is £41.66 (pre tax) a month! The trouble is I want loads more training and things and these cost money.....

Anyhow happy Tuesday everyone.

• Brightspark87
    Options
    argghhh end of the day and no one 2 one. Never mind. Off home for no supper (work took us out - woohooo!) and thank you cards. I really did get some great wedding presents.

this weekend I will be starting to really knuckle down to the weight loss again (lost over 6 stone!!) and exercise.

I am trying not to drink too much either (I know most MSE will be shocked but me and hubby are bad at having a glass or two a night!!) simply to try and save money, oh and its healthy. #

we have another wedding at the end of the month - luckily have my outfit but its a paid bar! so need to try and think of a cheap way around this issue. Any ideas anyone?

I know no one has yet commented but hopefully the viewers aren't too bored!

• nellis10
    nellis10 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding! :T

I'd say for the wedding, pop a little bottle of your favourite into your bag...Then just buy one or two rounds to be sociable and thereafter just mixers at the bar to add to your wee bottle.

Good luck on your journey! :j
    2024 Challenges
    • Grocery Budget (January £0/£300)
    • Decluttering (Underway!)
    • Frugal Living (January £0/£500
    • 24 in 2024 (0/24)
  • Archer0710
    Archer0710 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I've been married 6yrs and decided that I was not paying you change my 18 month old passport so it's still in my maiden name now! Only time it has backfired in my face was when it was needed as ID for a job! Oops!

Congratulations on your own wedding and I second the small bottle to add to mixers.
    Can I ever learn this budgeting lark? So far it's not looking promising
    Lloyds loan - gone forever! :T
    Bank of Mum and Dad gone forever!
    Emergency Fund £1500 :T
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    thanks for the ideas guys, really love your support!

Sadly, cannot delay passport application - mainly due to the honeymoon in September and that my current one expires in June... need to get onto it.

Great ideas re the wedding - luckily I've got a beautiful larger sized bag so I think you are right about getting away with sneaking a bottle or something nice in!

As an update on yesterday, I had my one 2 one and it went really well. they are happy with me and my work and payrise and bonus will be discussed in July after the company year end. This really brighten my day! Then DH decided to go out for a few drinks so I just had some porridge and honey for tea and did loads of surveys.

Today I forgot my lunch :( gutted as it was really healthy too! Never mind, I will get something cheap and low cal and stick to my £5 budget for emergency lunch situations! (with change hopefully).

Hope you are all having a fabulous day!

• Brightspark87
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

Hope you are all enjoying a sunny day like it is in London Town. Its meant to get to 22c (I'm not moaning!) its hard to work in an office when its that warm. I've got a hugely important report to sort today so have come in early to tackle it. I naughty bought a snickers for breakfast. I know its bad to have spent 69p and having chocolate but it so helps as a treat!
    We have local fish monger who visits our house, and last night we had the sea bass fillets we got from him and at the weekend I hope to make fish pie with the rest of the fish. We budget for £10 a week and always get amazing stuff! I know we could do it cheaper but its healthy, supporting local business and a real treat.
    I keep adding and taking things off my ocado order. I'm still thinking that £60 is a huge shop for us and will we need it etc, but the £20 off and free delivery just makes it a really good deal!
    Anyhow, catch up with you all soon and hope everyone had a fab day!

• Brightspark87
    Options
    Lunch time. Seriously did something I have never done before. I checked my credit score. On Noddle. Its pants, but I was expecting that.

Luckily EVERYTHING IS NOW SHOWING AS UP TO DATE!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I know previous defaults look bad but also I believe I only have one?! Not the 6 I was expecting.

This makes me so happy and another milestone in my MSE journey.

:)

• NHS_worker_bee
    Options
    Just read your diary - really don't worry about your noddle score - as long as all your payments are up to date and you are on your way to getting debt free that's all that matters. Good Luck with paying off the catalogues :)
    Total debt March 2014: £11,194. Now £4,198.
    0% CC1: [STRIKE]£2,240[/STRIKE] £0. 0% CC2: [STRIKE]£1,934[/STRIKE] £0.
    0% CC3: £0 0% CC4: £4,198.
    12.9% Loan: [STRIKE]£3,000[/STRIKE] £0
    14.9% HP: [STRIKE]£1,103[/STRIKE] £0
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hi, just thought I'd drop by to cheer you on! Congratulations on the wedding, weight loss and debts not defaulted :T. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    thanks guys!! you are such a support :)

Today I got some of my wedding photos emailed over - what a great start to the day. I also remembered to add milk to the ocado shop... What kind of person forgets the real basics!! Currently sitting at £62.39 but have £20 off so thats a reasonable weekly shop.

I found £1 coin on the way to work today!! Might treat myself to something later.

Hope you are all good!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport