Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    Why does bubbs want to be the same weight as Mr Bubbs? ;)
    I dont:p
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Poor Mr Bubbs has lost a lot of weight as a side effect of bubbs diet!

:):):):):):):):):):)
    No he has lost weight due to not fitting in his clothes, but now they are too big:p
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Hello all
    Apologies I’ve been AWOL again. I’m driven half demented with how busy I am at the moment. However I am astonished to report a -2.5 and I am also now the proud owner of my next bling- 2.5 stone!
    I can’t believe I only have 1 stone 13lbs to target! I actually bought a new top today. I’ve been continuing to wear my old ones and layering them up to make them fit and keep me warm. Works well in winter :D I’ve been in denial I think- I put a top on the other day and it looked like a nightie- it hung off me like an old dishrag but I just stuck a hoodie and my coat on top and forgot about it. I dont actually know what size I am on top- I just been grabbing random sizes in the hope they might fit. I decided today I would like a top for Christmas Day so I went into Yours and had a rifle through their sale rail. I found a likely looking candidate but they only had it in a 16 or a 20. My hand hovered over the 20, as that’s still where I am in my mind but then I picked up the 16 thinking well it might fit and if not no harm done i’ll just take it back and swap it. I got home, tried it on and it fit beautifully. I was really shocked- couldn’t believe it, in my mind I’m still a size 22/24!
    Today’s menu:
    B: HEXB HiFi x 2, Apple, satsuma, water
    L: Subway turkey and ham salad (1.5 syns for dressing)sushi (1 syn) Boots Shapers prawn cocktail spirals (3.5) Orangina Light (1.5)
    T: Sweet Chilli Chicken (2 syns) SW egg fried rice, salad. Quark with 2 x sachets of Highlights (4 syns) and rasps, Alpro choc soya drink (HEXA plus 1.5) Budweiser alcohol free (3.5)
    Syns: 18.5
    Night all xxx
    :T:T:T:T Well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I'll not be joining the size 16 club for a while yet, but it is nice to see the numbers go down. My new skirts are size 20, and my new coat is a size 22. Considerably better than the size 28's I was in a year ago.
    But look how far you have come:j:j:j
    Quite a lot is down to being ill. The thing is, I don't think I look any thinner. I still look in the mirror and see the same really fat person looking back :(

At what point have people started to feel thinner, or look thinner to themselves?
    I have started to feel thinner now and today i feel thin, the scales better bloody show it this week or else you all better go into hiding:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    beanielou wrote: »
    Will let you into a secret.
    I just feel fat & frumpy & yuk.
    Doesent make any difference if I am a 16, 14 or whatever.
    I have such dire legs whatever I weigh.
    Bah.

Do NOT put yourself down, bet you are as beautiful outside as you are inside:A xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    I avoid photos as much as I can. I have a few photos from over the years, but none of me last Christmas just before I joined.

I did measure my chest, waist and hips when I started, and have done at intervals, and I know I am thinner, but I don't know it.

I know that doesn't make sense, but I think you lot probably get it.

And agree Beanie, I think as females we generally have pretty poor body image, and feel we don't look great even if we are stunning (which I'm sure you are)
    I dont have many photos either, i have one for 10 yrs or so ago:rotfl::rotfl: but i got fatter:o didnt take measurements either:eek:
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    I'm like that with my stomach, I have a small bum and skinny legs, even now, but my tummy always looks huge to me. That and my face :(
    I have no bum, but never did before, but have a fat belly, yours in baby!
    afternoon all,

had my oven cleaned yesterday...no I can see what I'm cooking!

mixed few days generally down to running errands at a hundred miles an hour!

today:
    breakfast: tea (milk from hea) 2 hi fi light
    lunch: homemade leek and tattie soup
    tea: no idea as yet. forgot to lift anything out so potentially leftover for the others and a jacket potato and beans/salad or an omelette for me!

would love to lose 1.5lb this week to get my shiny before Butlins :) think I have a plan: our dining plan includes the buffett restaurants so will probably see what they have on day one and pick one thing that I think is syn-ful from what is offered to try at both meals. day two - four I will see how much (if any) variety/changes they have and then probably day five I may indulge in a full cooked brekkie or sweet thing before we leave :) this I think gives me the best of both worlds. little treats so as not to feel deprived but rationed out over the stay.

drinks will be water/diet coke in the bars and I am going to take some snacks to take in each evening as they only offer popcorn/sweets and we are in there for a few hours at a time and I can guarantee little one will get the munchies before bed!

Have a lovely break x
  • bubbs
    I started at 16.6 when I first found this post and decided to give it a go.

I've been eating stuff like noodle pots with extra veg and cooked chicken for my lunches and then various things for dinner. Have a muller light yoghurt each night too and just cut out chocolate bars.

Must be like 2 or 3 weeks now but I'm now at 15.12 just through controlling what I eat! So i'm quite impressed.

I tried the bubble & squeak recipe so far from the home page and that was really nice.
    Lost 2.5 lbs this week,and was Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month too!:j:T:j:T:beer:
    Shows how hopeless my group is that 4.5 lbs was the biggest loss in the whole group in a whole month:eek:. Only about 10-12 people stay to class,and 5 of those are target members;)
    Well done both:T:T:T:T
    SSM well done on SOTW:T:T:T:T
  • bubbs
    100_8093_1.jpg
    Tea savoury mince , there is a little asda smartprice yorkie under there too :D bought them as they are smaller than i make
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Lost 2.5 lbs this week,and was Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month too!:j:T:j:T:beer:
    Shows how hopeless my group is that 4.5 lbs was the biggest loss in the whole group in a whole month:eek:. Only about 10-12 people stay to class,and 5 of those are target members;)

Still a good result though :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    1.5lb off for me. Still not back to 4 stone but getting there
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper

Great result for you :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    I'll not be joining the size 16 club for a while yet, but it is nice to see the numbers go down. My new skirts are size 20, and my new coat is a size 22. Considerably better than the size 28's I was in a year ago.

You should be really pleased with yourself, I think we are all very proud of you x
    maman wrote: »
    That's an amazing achievement in a year! You should be so proud! :T

Seconded x
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Have you got any photos of yourself ? I took a selfie in a full length mirror when I started SW a couple of months ago, and I'm going to try to take one every six months or so, when I'll hopefully notice a difference. I'm size 28 at the moment so a VERY long way to go....

I think when you see yourself every day you don't notice a difference - it;s only when you comare photos or bump into someone who hasn't seen you for a while and comments that you'll notice. But the fact that you've gone down several dress sizes shows that you are losing.

That is a great idea, bubbs send me photos of her to keep me motivated.... she knows I am competitive.... it is just finding your own way through the weight loss journey.

I also have to admit I am motivated by half stone mark, and noticed I was loosing weight when rude activities did not involve stomach rocking!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs

:j:j:j well done
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure