Anyone successfully rejected a car?

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Exemplar wrote: »
    As per the title I'm asking for anyone with actual experience. Thus far no-one has offered fact, just fiction....
    With this sort of attitude I'd be surprised if you get any help from now on.
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    neilmcl wrote: »
    With this sort of attitude I'd be surprised if you get any help from now on.

What attitude? I am asking for fact not fiction.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    What attitude? I am asking for fact not fiction opinion.

People aren't giving fictional responses - they're offering their opinions. :)
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite

Well i'm out - you're attitude sucks.

Bye.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker

No, what you appear to want is views that support your own position, just because you're not getting them doesn't mean they are fiction.
  • Exemplar
    agrinnall wrote: »
    No, what you appear to want is views that support your own position, just because you're not getting them doesn't mean they are fiction.

Yes it does as they are 'opinions'. I'm after actual fact, not a fact hunt....

Anyway Audi have called and they are now on the case too.

So if anyone here has had any ACTUAL experiences I'd be really grateful.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • Exemplar
    DoaM wrote: »
    People aren't giving fictional responses - they're offering their opinions. :)

And opinion = fact? No it does not.

• Exemplar wrote: »
    And opinion = fact? No it does not.
    I used to have a car on PC and after it went faulty 3 times, I wrote a letter to the supplying dealer and rejected the vehicle and received a replacement car.

Now, is that fact or total bul;l****?
    Whether you like it or not, with any forum such as this you are generally relying on opinions as there is often no way to differentiate fact from fiction.
    (My story above was total fiction)
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I used to have a car on PC and after it went faulty 3 times, I wrote a letter to the supplying dealer and rejected the vehicle and received a replacement car.

Now, is that fact or total bul;l****?
    Unless a court judged on a particular case, then all an anecdote like this shows is that at least one dealer is willing to come to a goodwill settlement.

Even if a court did judge, there's unlikely to have been any legal precedent established. No case can be 100% relied on to give an expected outcome in an inevitably differing case.
    (My story above was total fiction)
    ...and that's the other hazard of relying on internet responses...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    AdrianC wrote: »
    No case can be 100% relied on to give an expected outcome in an inevitably differing case.

Unless said case is at a higher court, in which case (if the details are substantially similar) it becomes binding. If the case was an appeal in the County Court then it becomes "persuasive" such that judges are meant to give added weight to the findings.

Other (non-appeal) County Court cases are informational and a judge can give whatever weight to them that they see fit.

(I suspect you already know this, but others may not). :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure