Resold Mortgage

I had my original mortgage with Northern Rock then NRAM when RBS & banks caused the financial crisis early 2000s and the government brought Northern Rock out.
I found about a year or so ago that my mortgage had been sold on to another company, no warning! When I queried this with the new company they said I should have received a 'Goodbye' letter - NOT received.
I tried to remortgage and was REFUSED due to the new company apparently only buy BAD debt!!!! I've NEVER defaulted, ALWAYS paid on time but now I have this dirty mark against my name/credit!!!!!! Is there ANYTHING I can do as this is making my credit look bad.........advice please

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There's no dirty mark, and no need for excessive use of capitals or multiple exclamation marks.

You'll have been refused due to your circumstances. Post up details here or engage a broker.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    No one will care who you have your current mortgage with, they'll care about your LTV, your exposure to other debt and your ability to pay the mortgage.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,306 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    found about a year or so ago that my mortgage had been sold on to another company, no warning!

it has nothing to do with you. So, they dont need to warn you.
    I tried to remortgage and was REFUSED due to the new company apparently only buy BAD debt!!!!

NRAM was the bad quality lending book side of NR. So, the odds are that anyone who is with this new company doesnt have the greatest of credit records. However, the way it is measured means some prime debt could have ended up in there. However, if your credit situation and lending criteria were all fine, then you would have no probelem getting another lender.
    Is there ANYTHING I can do as this is making my credit look bad.

Go to a local mortgage broker
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure