Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• ellie27
    ellie27 Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    17/4 Accepted an offer on the sale of our house

17/4 Agreement in principle received through broker for Halifax

20/4 Had our offer accepted on a house

22/4 Scanned in bank statements/ID/accounts/proof of funds etc and emailed to broker

23/4 Decided to go with Coventry BS. Agreement in principle received and full mortgage application begun.

24/4 Surveyor out to our home today to refresh the home report for the house we are selling

30/4 Valuation of our purchase property carried out today

5/5 Bank still waiting for the return of a form they sent to my husbands accountant, some form to confirm that his accounts were indeed prepared by them. This form never arrived at the accountants so we told bank to send another.

8/5 Broker confirms valuation is fine and once bank receives that form from the accountants then we will have the offer in the post!

Broker said expect it to take 4/5 weeks all in we are just at 2 weeks now so fingers crossed.
  • The wife and I are FTB's (in our thirties!). After far too many years renting we are finally in a position to buy our first house and are now in the nail-biting wait or a mortgage offer.

01/03/2015 - Actively house hunting
    16/03/2015 - Conversation with broker and broker DIP
    27/03/2015 - Second viewing
    27/03/2015 - Offer put in to EA/vendor
    21/04/2015 - Offer finally accepted!
    21/04/2015 - Mortgage process started with broker - paperwork gathering
    23/04/2015 - Mortgage application submitted to Woolwich
    24/04/2015 - Application accepted
    28/04/2015 - Lender valuation completed
    29/04/2015 - Lender documentation request - bank statements, payslips, proof of deposit
    30/04/2015 - Valuation report received - valued at offer price so all good there.

Seems strange to me that the valuation was done before asking for our additional paperwork (or taking payment!) but we're both very hopeful that we will get to offer in the not-too-distant future.

An update on this:

06/05/2015 - Chased broker - no confirmation that documentation received or was in order even!
    07/05/2015 - Received message back saying all that was needed was valuation payment
    07/05/2015 - Called broker with new debit card details (bank mess up, long story!)
    08/05/2015 - Payment for valuation taken from account
    09/05/2015 - Offer letter received in the post!! :j

This was with the Woolwich, who from reading boards on here are generally slow with offers. I'm not convinced the wait was their fault though, if I hadn't chased, I'm not sure when I'd have heard that the payment was all that was needed as our broker has been a little slow on the updates in general (and not replying to messages). But we got to this stage so I don't really care!

Now to try and push the solicitors to get a move on and hopefully we can get to completion before our lease expires! :D
  • justme1985
    justme1985 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Happy for those who's offers have come through in the last few days!

OH rang the bank this morning to check they received his payslips, which they had, the guy he spoke to said we should have an answer in 7 working days as they have to scan and check them before they go to the underwriters. Hopefully it'll be sooner! Will have to keep myself busy in the mean time to stop myself overthinking and worrying too much.
  • cmf87
    cmf87 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Convinced this is just an 'I got my mortgage offer' show off thread...

I'll be sure to show off mine when I get it!
  • pepperpot2k
    pepperpot2k Posts: 21 Forumite
    Hello,

We're waiting too!

After our Home Buyers survey, the bank requested a structural survey. We got this last week and have forwarded it on the lender who should let us know about the mortgage at some point next week.

Most of the things highlighted in the Home Buyers have come back as not being an issue on the structural survey.

However it does recommend that the wall ties are replaced as a 'precautionary measure.' As well as a bit of repointing and crack stitching. Not sure how/if this will affect the mortgage offer (retention, etc) so we'll have to see. I suppose it depends on how they view the 'precautionary' aspect. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone else had anything like this come up?

Thanks
  • tonyabrhm
    tonyabrhm Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 May 2015 at 12:26PM
    Me and my partner have been looking at buying our first home for a while but was put off as I have a default on my record for £16 from a contract phone from about 3/4 years ago .I have been lurking for some time now and found this forum very useful so I thought I would share our story.

My partners mother is looking to downsize for a couple of reasons so we have decided to buy her house which will make her mortgage free and also help us get on the ladder.

30/04/15
    Contact with MA
    Credit reports sent
    DIP submitted and accepted with Halifax

01/05/15
    Application submitted
    Valuation booked 06/05/15
    Halifax request 1 payslip, sent straight away.

Commence nervous weekend.

06/05/15
    Valuation successful
    Mortgage offer received by MA

08/05/15
    Mortgage offer received in post.

MA said that was the fastest offer they have had. Was literally 30 mins after valuation. Bank Holiday weekend as well!

Credit goes to Richard and Michelle (Aspect Mortgages, Leyland) as they were super efficient and helpful.

Hopefully everything else goes well!

Thanks

Tony
  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    • 23/4 Applied for Nationwide DIP. Referred to underwriters.
    • Broker has to explain to Nationwide that we have SA302s, not certified accounts because of self assessment.
    • Faxed bank statements, SA302s, ID,
    • 1 page of bank statements missing - faxed over,
    • Requested 2x tax overviews, 40 mins on phone to HMRC who then fax over wrong form.
    • Another 40 mins on phone to HMRC who then fax over right form.
    • Nationwide unhappy that marriage certificate has come across a bit faint. Darken and fax over.
    • Nationwide unhappy that official SA302s are in a very slightly different format for the 2 tax years.
    • 40 mins on phone to HMRC, new SA302s arrive in 5 days and are faxed over.
    • Nationwide have lost an item that was sent. Re-sent across
    • Nationwide still unhappy that marriage certificate is still not dark enough for them. Have to scan it and Photoshop it to make it even darker.
    • Nationwide unhappy that all forms of ID say 'Apartment' except for one that says 'Flat'.
    • Broker exasperated. Nationwide says they'll try and make a decision in a week (previously we were always told 72 hours)

Chances of having to pay Nationwide a £3k early redemption and having to rent to avoid house sale falling through increasing by the day.
  • Car1980 wrote: »
    • 23/4 Applied for Nationwide DIP. Referred to underwriters.
    • Broker has to explain to Nationwide that we have SA302s, not certified accounts because of self assessment.
    • Faxed bank statements, SA302s, ID,
    • 1 page of bank statements missing - faxed over,
    • Requested 2x tax overviews, 40 mins on phone to HMRC who then fax over wrong form.
    • Another 40 mins on phone to HMRC who then fax over right form.
    • Nationwide unhappy that marriage certificate has come across a bit faint. Darken and fax over.
    • Nationwide unhappy that official SA302s are in a very slightly different format for the 2 tax years.
    • 40 mins on phone to HMRC, new SA302s arrive in 5 days and are faxed over.
    • Nationwide have lost an item that was sent. Re-sent across
    • Nationwide still unhappy that marriage certificate is still not dark enough for them. Have to scan it and Photoshop it to make it even darker.
    • Nationwide unhappy that all forms of ID say 'Apartment' except for one that says 'Flat'.
    • Broker exasperated. Nationwide says they'll try and make a decision in a week (previously we were always told 72 hours)

Chances of having to pay Nationwide a £3k early redemption and having to rent to avoid house sale falling through increasing by the day.

I can empathise - We had a horrible time with Nationwide. After 3 months of them continually losing documents, scanning and rescanning items (including in branch so they would be acceptable and not get lost) we gave up and had full approval with Halifax in 10days.

Hope you get it sorted.
  • TheRoders
    TheRoders Posts: 176 Forumite
    I am feeling ever so slightly sick here right now.

STILL nothing from Natwest and I am now losing the will to live.

After sending in the extra info they needed LAST THURSDAY (30th May), there is STILL no decision. Broker have said tomorrow now but they said that when they spoke to them last Thursday. What is going on? Why this wait? Should I be worried? I am worried sick!!
  • We are waiting for our offer. We were told that it had been underwritten but they hadn't received our payslips or bank statements in the underwriters department but they were recorded as received. Called couple of days letter to check they have the paperwork they do.
    Valuation has been done and valued higher than our purchase price (I'm sure they usually just confirm its purchase price) so that's all good.
    We were told we'd have an answer by last Friday but still no answer.
    I hate the not knowing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure