ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• GinOClock
    GinOClock Posts: 113
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good news. FOS have said they mistakenly overlooked Arrow Global's FCA authorisation - so now they are back to accepting complaints about Erudio.

Erudio have also said this:

We can confirm that Erudio were authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for an interim period only. This ended on the 18th August 2016 and our authorisation now falls under that of Arrow Global Limited. This does not affect your right to escalate a complaint against Erudio to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Please don't hesitate to complain to FOS if Erudio do not deal properly with your complaint. If FOS try to avoid dealing with the complaint, send them to this page.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Does anyone know if Anthony Reeves is still monitoring this thread? Would be interesting to hear his views if he has time.

I spoke to him a few weeks ago, but he hasn't been following the subject recently.
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222
    First Post
    Forumite
    Update.

Finally deferred and all arrears wiped. Only took 3 years!

I never used their DAF. I never backed down in my belief that using a bespoke letter was enough to satisfy the original loan terms as the various DAFs were not fit for purpose. Thanks to all on the numerous threads who helped fight these fleecing cretins.
    Don’t stop fighting for your rights.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Pluthero wrote: »
    Update.

I never used their DAF. I never backed down in my belief that using a bespoke letter was enough to satisfy the original loan terms as the various DAFs were not fit for purpose. Thanks to all on the numerous threads who helped fight these fleecing cretins.
    Don’t stop fighting for your rights.

Well done. :)

For people who perhaps find it hard to recall, or trawl through this mammoth thread to put things together, could you perhaps consider posting a summary/history of this?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222
    First Post
    Forumite
    fermi wrote: »
    Well done. :)

For people who perhaps find it hard to recall, or trawl through this mammoth thread to put things together, could you perhaps consider posting a summary/history of this?

Yeah, I will put something together soon.
  • Mr_McGuffin
    Mr_McGuffin Posts: 91
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Pluthero wrote: »
    Update.

I never used their DAF.

Very good. I'm delighted to hear that.

Those who accepted these loans all those years ago have been misled and lied to.
  • Happy Days Pluthero... 3 years... 3 bloody years!!! Well done.
    Paying for uni to get a job... just to get a job to pay for uni
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My deferment was refused for a rubbish reason so I put in a complaint but it's taken so long to sort that I'm outside my deferment window now. I've not checked to see if they've taken money yet, but I've cancelled the DD so they shouldn't be able to. Fun times ahead.
  • Hi there
    My old style student loans were sold off to Erudio. I have successfully managed to defer for most of the life of my loans due to not earning enough.
    However this year when I filled in the deferment form, I received a letter stating they didn't have enough info and I had to send off my last three wage slips again. With my gross income I am under the deferment threshold. However they are taking into account my child allowance which takes me just over the threshold. Can they do this? I don't remember the SLC taking benefits into account. And my child allowance is not an income, it's provided to help feed and clothe my two children so I'm really annoyed about this.
    Received a phone call from Erudio last week chasing payment and now I'm worried I'm going to have to repay or risk bad credit. Any advice please?
  • I've received some emails and texts from Erudio inviting me to defer using their online portal. Apparently this will allow me to defer 12 weeks in advance rather 8 weeks.

I'm aware of some of the issues with Erudio but haven't personally had any difficulties with postal deferment. I am wary about using the portal due to the nature of this organisation. To be perfectly honest though I'm not sure exactly what the dangers of using online deferment are, other than that I won't have a paper trail and proof of recorded delivery of my deferment. Sorry if this is stupid question but are there any other risks with deferring online? Would it alter the terms and conditions of my loans in any way? My loans are due to be written off in the not too distant future so I'm thinking it will be best to carry on with the postal deferment a few more times but I'd be interested to know more about this.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback