£5.35 Sky deal coming to an end, where to move?

2»

Comments

• Hi
    Does anyone have any experience with plusnet? I am purchasing broadband for the first time and the plusnet deal seems very good after cashback, but when searching plusnet reviews (as I do before purchasing pretty much anything), almost every review is very very negative, despite the site suggesting it as an option! (would have probably taken sky broadband offer, but recently bought the tv package).

Can anyone please advise?
    Many thanks in advance

I have been pretty happy with plusnet and have been happy with sky in the past. I avoid TalkTalk and BT after bad experiences in the past, but some will have had the opposite. MSE gives service ratings at the bottom of each deal.

You can sometimes get cashback on top from the likes of Quidco (but sometimes not as well as cashback directly from plusnet) but if not the referral thread is a way of helping other MSE'ers with plusnet.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm just going to join Plus Net and will dust off the Humax PVR after Sky's lack of offer.

I cancelled tv and they briefly offered 60% off tv (a couple of days' window) then cut it to 50% off for 10 months (effectively 40% off).

I then rang , as usual to haggle phone etc and was offered a paltry free broadband with full price line.

Today I got an email saying that if I keep line , I get free broadband and the use of Sky+ with an offer of immediate chat.

The offer there was even worse; just half price broadband and full price line. Then as Sky are mainly interested in tv, an all in offer phone and tv, which was actually equivalent to full price tv and a slight reduction elsewhere.

Apparently Sky are finding rolling out Q and the new football deals to be expensive. (Poor things )
  • Hi , I recently took advantage of a click through offer for Sky broadband and phone:T:T:j from the MSE site. Good old Openreach refused to accept the order TWO days before activation, quoting some issue with previous occupant of the house... I moved in a month ago. Now Sky say they may not be able to honour the offer as " it wasn't their offer" . As the MSE offer was time limited, I need to start the order again, get a new number and pay a higher monthly rental plus activation fee!
    Nice !
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Got to plusnet, They are doing free BB ATM + LR
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Got to plusnet, They are doing free BB ATM + LR

With £50 cashback directly from them (not a cashback site). It was £75 until Tuesday.
  • eset12345
    eset12345 Posts: 643 Forumite
    I had a similar problem with this offer coming to an end, I took advantage of the £60 a year mse sky offer, it allowed me to sign up with my current details and its all active and the £5 a year offer has been cancelled
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure