Co-ownership

Options
Hi there :)

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of co-ownership and their turnaround time for applications?

Thanks

Comments

• chrisross22
    Options
    I applied just under 2yrs ago. I applied, had my interview and was approved within 2 weeks.

Just make sure all paperwork is correct and there before you apply.
  • AWeeCuppaTea
    Options
    I applied just under 2yrs ago. I applied, had my interview and was approved within 2 weeks.

Just make sure all paperwork is correct and there before you apply.

Thanks for that, I was expecting it to be much longer. I suppose it depends how many applications they have at the time.

I provided everything they asked for and more, probably gave them too much!

Fingers crossed for a speedy turnaround then!
  • chrisross22
    Options
    Def better to provide them with to much than to little. We were worried about the interview but there was no need to be. It's very informal and it's just to check details and ask any questions etc. We were told we were accepted on the day and got it in writing a few days later.

Good luck!!
  • AWeeCuppaTea
    Options
    Def better to provide them with to much than to little. We were worried about the interview but there was no need to be. It's very informal and it's just to check details and ask any questions etc. We were told we were accepted on the day and got it in writing a few days later.

Good luck!!

Wow, accepted on the day, thats pretty awesome. Would love that, saves the worrying!

Did you find it was fairly straightforward getting the mortgage after being approved for co ownership? :)
  • chrisross22
    Options
    Yep fairly simple. Before we even applied to Co Ownership our mortgage advisor had already checked with Progressive that we would get the mortgage so as long as the Co Ownership was accepted we knew we would get the mortgage.
  • AWeeCuppaTea
    Options
    I went to Ulster Bank on Wednesday and they did an initial affordability assessment and said it all looked fine :)

Paid my co-ownership fee yesterday, and they've booked my appointment for next Friday. Hopefully they will have done the valuation by then so we can find out pretty quickly.

Thanks again
  • Oliviasmom
    Options
    My mortgage advisor told me if your invited for interview, it's been granted,it's just an informal interview. I'll be applying in the next few weeks hopefully.
  • leemuddywaters
    Options
    We are also applying in the next few months, be good to hear any advice and how you got on
  • AWeeCuppaTea
    Options
    Oliviasmom wrote: »
    My mortgage advisor told me if your invited for interview, it's been granted,it's just an informal interview. I'll be applying in the next few weeks hopefully.

Oh my goodness I hope that's true!! The estate agents told me co-ownerships valuer has been in touch too, so it's all looking positive so far!!

So that's;

Offer accepted 7/1/15
    Application submitted 9/1/15
    Fee paid & appointment booked 14/1/15
    Valuer instructed 15/1/15
    Appointment 23/1/15

That's all pretty quick compared to stories I heard of it taking ages! It actually put off a couple from accepting an offer from us on another property before Christmas because we were going co-ownership!!

I'll keep the thread updated :)
  • happyhome123
    Options
    HI

I am going to apply for co ownership this year. However wondering how you work out whats the max amount you can apply for etc. Many thanks for any help at all. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure