Best day/time to end eBay auction

What does everyone think is the best day and time to end an eBay auction - I'm sure we could offere each other some useful insights.

I'm assuming lunchtime or evenings has obvious benefits are more people are able to get onto the internet..

Also, I think auctions ending on Sundays must do better?
threadbanner.gif

Comments

• smellybum
    smellybum Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    Sunday evening
  • And in addition, start the listing on a thursday evening and make it a 10 day auction - you get 2 weekends for more people to see it then.
    Blood donations to date: 10 | Type: O negative[/B][/CENTER]
  • I agree. I usually list my items on a Thursday evening and they finish in 10 days time on a Sunday evening.
    --><-- Sugar Coated Owl --><--

If you believe, you will survive - Katie Piper

Woohoo! I'm normal! Gotta go tell the cat.
  • We do Sunday evenings too, although i did also find that for baby items, early weekday evenings (4-6pm) was good too
    Buy nothing for a month challenge - Oct
    12/31 NSD

CC - [STRIKE]£536.02[/STRIKE] £336.02
  • John_T_5
    John_T_5 Posts: 219 Forumite
    I find that most of my items sell at roughly 12.30am Saturday and Sunday, I can only assume people go on eBay after chucking out time, I wonder how many people receive their item in the post before the realise they bought it when drunk :-)
    "As if by magic... the shopkeeper appeared."
  • netwalk
    netwalk Posts: 83 Forumite
    You may find the following informative:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y204/m02/abu0113/s04

It is a survey a couple of years old but still seems to concur with finishing on Sunday evenings.

Good luck with your eBaying.

Julian
  • Sunday evenings!!
  • pin
    pin Posts: 4,265
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have found that week day evenings (Tue to Thurs) after dinner (around 7.30 to 9) to be a good time.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't care when the auction ends - I just list it when I feel like it and assume that people will bid if they want it. I've just won a reel of armoured cable and the auction finished at 6.00am this morning.
    Happy chappy
  • I don't care when the auction ends - I just list it when I feel like it and assume that people will bid if they want it. I've just won a reel of armoured cable and the auction finished at 6.00am this morning.

I agree. And with the growing popularity of Sniping sites, people don't have to be at their computer to bid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure