Baxi Combi 105e leaking!!!

Hi,

Got the above combi boiler (Baxi 105e).

Unfortunately it's developed a leak from somewhere!
I've traced back to where the water is coming out; it's the Diverter valve Assembly; more specifically the water seems to be coming from the DHW Pressure differential valve - the part with the pushrod that controls hot water output.
Looking at the blow-apart in the manual the likely suspect is the diaphragm.

How easy is it to change this and where would I get this part from? (I cannot find the 105e on the Baxi website).
I can isolate the water easily enough, but do I have to drain anything - should I attempt this job myself or get a plumber?

Thanks

Comments

• cheggers
    cheggers Posts: 685 Forumite
    Hi,

Got the above combi boiler (Baxi 105e).

Unfortunately it's developed a leak from somewhere!
    I've traced back to where the water is coming out; it's the Diverter valve Assembly; more specifically the water seems to be coming from the DHW Pressure differential valve - the part with the pushrod that controls hot water output.
    Looking at the blow-apart in the manual the likely suspect is the diaphragm.

How easy is it to change this and where would I get this part from? (I cannot find the 105e on the Baxi website).
    I can isolate the water easily enough, but do I have to drain anything - should I attempt this job myself or get a plumber?

Thanks

Had the same problem with my baxi boiler. This is a job for a Baxi engineer or a plumber. Dont attmept to do it yourself. Just turn off the boiler and call an engineer to fix it.
  • Buttercup
    Buttercup Posts: 188
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have got the same boiler, soon as I started to get problems I got it insured with Norwich Union Home Emergency about £8 per month, it was a very wise move we have had major problems from leaking, no hot water, no heating, timer not working you name it, it even broke down Christmas Eve but they still sent a plumber out.
    I have no confidence in this boiler it been trouble since the guarantee ran out. Hope you soon get yours sorted.
    Sarah x
  • cheggers
    cheggers Posts: 685 Forumite
    My baxi boiler went through a spell of always breaking had 6 months solid where the engineer was always out. I think half the time the problem was they did know how to fix it, they always left saying it was fixed then within days it would break again.

In the end one engineer said the problem was down to a faulty washer, he replaced since then no leaking.

Did not cost me a penny as it was covered by my domestic & general boiler insurance.

My main problem was baxi would not send an engineer out in the evening or weekends. So I had to take time off work, plus there one of those companies that will state a time just morning before 1pm or afternoon anytime after 1pm so you have to book a full day off work.
  • tollanarama
    tollanarama Posts: 34 Forumite
    OK,

The diagram below shows where the leak is:baxidiverter3se3.gif

I think I need part 5111137 (coloured blue on the diagram) which includes the diaphragm.

Where can i get this part???
  • I've got the same problem on a Potterton Performa. Did you get anywhere with the link for the 'o' ring solution?
    Try this site:
    https://www.onlineboilerspares.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=69_261&products_id=740&osCsid=e6445884990f1a3ba44c3e8960d56fdc
    Not cheap tho'. This is for the Potterton - do a search for your Baxi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport