Berghaus Mera Peak Jacket £102

Comments

• whats the code for that scotnan?
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
  • loates123
    loates123 Posts: 798 Forumite
    maybe a good buy but a jacket over 100 pounds is not money saving for me..................
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
  • dazco
    dazco Posts: 19,261 Forumite
    It would be if you was stuck up a hill in the Lakes on a rainy day.
    S!!!!horpe
  • dazco
    dazco Posts: 19,261 Forumite
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Loates123. I have finished my work shift so allow me to respond.

1,705 people looked at my tip (up till now). The catalogue company has sold out, except for small sizes, within hours of me posting this, and if you were to google/pricematch this then the cheapest you could hope to achieve is approx £170 on eBay.

This site is designed to enable people to search for the best price, or for an absolute bargain, in any given field.

I understand that from your previous posts your field is staying inside playing with your computer. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Some people, though, enjoy trekking into the countryside and these people have different values to you.

For example

Would you buy a hard disc that is renowned for crashing? No

Would you buy a hard disc new on the market and never before been trialed?

Or would you , as I suspect, spend a little bit extra and aqcuire a known and proven brand?

This Jacket costs over £200 anywhere else on the internet and I made MSE members aware that it is available for £109. A SAVING of 50%. Which I feel is in the spirit of Money SAVING Expert .com.

And if the RRP is taken into consideration then it is a saving of over 66%.

Either way this is a massive SAVING over the normal price and even though I can imagine your £17 snorkal parka is ideal for train spotting, let me assure you that when out hiking/camping you really need to know that your kit will not let you down.

I bought 2 different types with the intention of ebaying the one I did not want but I now realise what a good SAVING I got and will keep both. The second one will be kept for guests camping with me.
    S!!!!horpe
  • It is a great saving if you were looking for a new coat, which I was, so I bought the trango XCR, used the 30 quid off code from another post I found this site, so I am well chuffed to have got a coat for 89.50.
  • "mera peak" high performance jacket
    Catalogue price
    £249.00
    online price
    from £99.00 to £249.00
    Save up to 60%

http://www.lxdirect.com/rf/navigation/searchthumbs.do?N=152+1701&Np=1&Ns=prod_in_stock%7C1%7C%7Cprod_min_base_price%7C1&Nu=this_product&Nao=0

The XL is there for £99.

dublin jacket
    Catalogue price
    £89.00
    online price
    £35.50
    Save 60%

In stock

I bought 3 "spectrum" polar fleece jacket and 1 washed cord jacket for £51 delivered.
    This signature is not mine!
  • great deal, excellent post, don't forget quidco, 6% cashback for littlewoods. also where did you get the £30 off code.

keithboy
  • Good Buy whis one! Shame I missed it...
    Gore XCR is Brill - my snowboard jacket is made of it and I have never been cold or wet - comparing this to Regatta is like comparing that old scratchy toilet roll with super tripple ply toilet paper - yeah - they both claim to do the same job....But with one you end up wet and sh***y - the other - you don't!!
  • ought
    ought Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just gone for the normal Mera Peak as the XTR is out of stock. Bit of a pity but I hope the normal will be good enough.

Decided to get a medium and a large and keep the one than fits best, using free returns for the other.

Gone for 2 fleeces too.

Cheers!!
  • alictait
    alictait Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Brilliant find, Just what i was looking for got the standard "mera peak" for £102 minus the £30 discount code used to get it for £72 - the order has been accepted and should receive it on tuesday.

Just hope it fits me.

Incidentally the exact same jacket via lxdirect was £249 ?????

As per the forum rules the code I used was found via the discount codes forum. Just annoyed with myself that once again I forgot about quidco.

Cheers

Ali

If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure