Help with NDR ( debt recovery)

Options

Comments

• lanzarotemark
    Options
    Well gonna try the first letter with ndr and Great Universal to see wot happens will keep u informed
  • reidy100_2
    reidy100_2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    On my thread re NDR http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2394385&highlight=ndr

There is an address for Complaints regarding NDR re the companies NDR work for there.
  • PicnicBasket_2
    Options
    Can anyone help me - Are NDR just a Littlewoods thing or might they act for a phone company too?
  • Well gonna try the first letter with ndr and Great Universal to see wot happens will keep u informed
    used all these letters and it worked they have no copy of a signed credit agreement and so have stopped all action as it is unenforcable
  • Sam1976_2
    Options
    Hi Vicky just wondered did you try the letters in your situation as I am now in the same situation and wondered had they been any good? Thanks Sam
    vickylou30 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am in a similar situation with littlewoods, originally I had an account which fell into arrears so they suggested I closed the account and set up a new one which was supposed to save me getting bad credit from the original debt and show it as satisfied etc (I had not come across this before)This i did so that I could start from fresh so I signed a form and sent it back but they were a nightmare, I called twice to see when the first payment was due and they told me August so I took this into account with my money but then they started writing saying it should have been paid in July and i've been playing catch up ever since (not very well I admit) They have now passed it on to NDR and they are asking the full amount including an additional £400 from the original debt I had ????

My question is, do you think it is worth me sending one of your letters above, or have I screwed myself by signing for it ?? and also why can they charge me an additional £400 for closing one account and re-opening it ..

If the letter can be used and sent and they cant supply me with the information you are requesting then does the account run into default in the mean time, I am most worried about my credit rating as I need to apply for a re-mortgage soon.

Would appreciate any advice

Many thanks

Vicky
  • beccajayne
    Options
    ok so i am a fool that fell into the littlewoods 'here have more money' trap!i have been getting harrassed by NDR money for months and i have tried to set up payment plans etc but i just get spoken to disgustingly by the telephone representative. so i have now decided to ask to see my credit agreement. i have no objection to paying back what i actually owe, but every month they are stacking on more and more charges and its just getting ridiculous!

we want to get a mortgage at some point in the future and im sure as heck not letting NDR/littlewoods affect my chances!

so i guess we will see if i recieve my CCA!
    :)
  • MusicalLawyer
    Options
    Hi I noticed that these posts were back in 2007/2008.

I have a debt of around £650 with Littlewoods, in which I am paying NDR £34.45 every 28 days - which I cant really afford.

Is it worth seeing if they have a CCA for my account?

And if they don't, does this mean I am free of the debt with littlewoods, or with NDR?

SAVINGS: £63.86 // £3,000
  • brokeinlondon
    Options
    My understanding is that if they don't produce a CCA they can't pursue you through the courts, but they can still keep chasing you for the money.

You've accepted the goods that they sent you, so - morally at least! - you should be trying to pay them back.

Have you tried asking NDR if you can reduce your payments, or just reducing them anyway? They can't get what you don't have.
  • MusicalLawyer
    MusicalLawyer Posts: 700 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2011 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I'm a little confused on things. Here is my situation, and can anyone help me?

I have a £655 debt with Littlewoods, which was passed on to NDR.
    I have had a few letters saying they have added a £12 charge to my account.
    I set up a payment plan of £34.45 every 28 days, which I can't really afford as I lost my job and decided to go to University. I tried paying them £15 per month as realistically that's all I can afford, but every time I paid £15, they added another £12 charge to the account.

Regarding Charges.. I've paid 6 charges of £12 for late minimum payment... which I am not disputing, I am disputing ANOTHER 6 charges of £12 for a "Debt collection letter fee". So I've paid them £72 for them to send me 6 letters. Hardly fair.

I have on a few of these threads regarding the Credit Agreement, and that if Littlewoods cannot provide me with a signed copy of mine, then the debt is unenforceable and I do not have to pay it - does this mean they aren't allowed to register a default on my credit file as well? And am I able to claim back any money paid to NDR, including all the £12 charges I've paid for "trying to contact me"?

Any help would be appreciated. :)
    SAVINGS: £63.86 // £3,000
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    edited 16 April 2011 at 12:08PM
    Options
    As far as I know, if they have no CCA, they can still chase you for the debt, and they can still register a default, but they cannot take it to court for enforcement. I would think that trying to claim back the money paid to them at this point would be difficult if not impossible, if you are going the CCA route and no longer paying them. But someone else that knows more about that part of it will hopefully be along to answer that.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family