Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    michaels wrote: »
    When you pull the cork, ideally you should stop screwing in just before the corkscrew comes out of the bottom of the cork to avoid getting cork crumbs in the wine

It was plastic ............but I still remember years ago desperately trying to get into a bottle of wine without a corkscrew and ruining the wine with bits of cork:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Total fob off from tour operator, have made an official complaint - to see if there is another more secure way of letting customers know their departure transfer information. Apparently it's ok for other guests to know your full name and seat number on the plane. That they can see your boarding passes (reply from tour operator said people would need a passport to use the boarding pass). I realise this but still unhappy that other guests can see full name. No bank details or home address can be seen. Am I being over the top :o
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Hello stranger lol we saw A street cat named Bob was quite good too. Do you have 5 x 2 tickets left or 5 lol. I'd like to see a film that's coming out soon about that American pilot Chesley Sullenberg who landed his plane in the Hudson River and saved everyone. Tom Hanks is playing him .

Hi em, just the 5 single tickets left, I think it's the 26th they expire isn't it? DD1 is off tomorrow so she is going to look if there is anything she would like to see. Yes I thought that A Street Cat named Bob looked good, also Fantastic Beasts & Arrival. Not heard about the pilot one but I do remember the emergency landing at the time:(
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I went to use a gift card today at The House of Fraser...With purchase in hand off to the till I trundled...Handed over my gift card to be told it had expired...I was not aware that these cards have expiry dates.....It does state on the rear of the card but it is in the smallest print possible...My eyes are not that bad..but I had to use a magnifying glass to read it when I got home...:o

I am not a happy bunny as it had £20 on it...I have just emailed them in the hope that they will re-instate the card...Any one else had similar problems..:mad:

Good Evening marmie lol I had a similar thing but it was a costa card with £17 on and it hand n t even been used but had gone out of date. I emailed them and a couple of days later had an email back saying they would cancel that one and issue another which pleased me no end. The thing is these cards should not have a date on them in my opinion because they have to be spent in their store anyway.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Can Oz cope with the competition, will he have to share his squirrel?

V x

I haven't even introduced them yet:o

I haven't worked out yet if he's a cushion, a doorstop or just a Christmas decoration:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    emerald21 wrote: »
    How did you send it to her bubbs ?

Pigeon :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    No seriously Emerald, email
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    It was plastic ............but I still remember years ago desperately trying to get into a bottle of wine without a corkscrew and ruining the wine with bits of cork:o

whereas now you know you can do it with a shoe and a wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wROm-OF9w
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    Hi em, just the 5 single tickets left, I think it's the 26th they expire isn't it? DD1 is off tomorrow so she is going to look if there is anything she would like to see. Yes I thought that A Street Cat named Bob looked good, also Fantastic Beasts & Arrival. Not heard about the pilot one but I do remember the emergency landing at the time:(

25 th I believe. Gave two to Dawn as I thought it was the 21st so her partner took Riley to see Trolls, Ruby went to nursery and Dawn did revising for her exam. The one I mentioned isn t on just yet but probably before Xmas.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Off to eat:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing