PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Vjm - am outside Church, rocking choir concert shortly, but so pleased to see you sending FAFL to you, mhags

It was exactly in my mind to do same, so consider yourself bookended and thus commanded :-))).

Back later. Peeps are piling in....
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Might be a bit of a list post tonight but I am quite pleased with what I've got done today!

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens fed then took bigger son to school (he can have a lie in if he doesn't go on the bus).

3) Cleaned - washing up, washing, bathroom, surfaces etc. Hoovered.

4) Planted lots of courgettes, pumpkins and sunflowers, now under plastic on the window sill.

5) Phoned tax credits etc. Checked bank and my last pay day for a while was today and I got a bit more than I was expecting.

6) Cooked tonight's tea plus a blackberry and apple pie.

7) Went to see my brother as he was making his hand made chips for lunch so I took my egg sandwiches down there and had them with a few chips!

8) Went to smaller son's school to talk about some people picking on him.

9) Smaller son survived DTP, meningitis etc vaccinations.

10) Took smaller son to football practice and my (former) colleague was there so had a chat. She has resigned too!

11) Bigger son went into town to talk to his friend so picked him just now.

12) Watched Gogglebox and about to listen to the Now Show.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    * survived two months of waiting for kitchen counters. Still have the hair on my head. They are finally in and very beautiful. Plumber to come on Monday (or so he says) and we will have water in the kitchen once again. 5 months folks!

* survived two doctors and one physician's assistant who ignored me telling them my right eye was worse after cataract surgery. Finally the third doctor listened and said 1% of patients get cystoid macular edema. He tested me and I was one of the 1%. He has started me on a regimen of three different drops four time a day. Bless him!

* keeping my cool and being kind to the lady I wanted to scream at yesterday. Progress can happen at any age.

* tea with a splog, er splat, maybe splash of milk. Can't remember what BoP calls the proper amount of milk for proper tea. Splosh?

* surviving Trump's first 100 days without going to war. Now for the next 3 3/4 years. :eek:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    * surviving Trump's first 100 days without going to war. Now for the next 3 3/4 years. :eek:

Scary times Mila, for all of us. Glad to hear your kitchen is nearly finished but sorry to hear of the problems following your cataract operation hope things improve soon.

Friday pleasures

1. day off work :j
    2. a bit of a lie in
    3. did a little tidying, gardening and some batch cooking despite feeling under the weather
    4. an afternoon on the sofa in front of tv :p I may also have snoozed :o
    5. roast chicken dinner with DS for dinner. Nice to have a meat/potatoes/veg/gravy dinner haven't had one for a while, and nice that DS was around as he's more often out working/gym/volunteer work than home (as it should be at age 21)

Have a nice weekend everyone x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Haven't posted this week. Having problems with shoulder pain - happens very occasionally and is hard to deal with - it also means my back is worse.
    Managed to work and been agreed to change where I work next week so I don't have to drive !!! Agreed as I said I can't change gear and so would have to be off sick!
    Enough of that and now for positives.

1. Had a great time watching rugby last night. A good win and enjoyed the game. Good send off for Evans and Dickson as last home match. Enjoyable company and all around us renewing season tickets. Hopefully next season we can watch more matches like last night rather than some of the lacklustre ones we have been subjected to.

2. Two men, who were digging the road up for the water company, knocked on the door with three baby geese in a bucket. The geese had appeared and they were concerned what would happen to them left to their own devices.
    I do have lake, ponds and stream relatively close but didn't think that close. They were gorgeous and so fluffy and I would have loved to have kept them.
    I directed them to the person who may have decided to keep geese and in the end the geese were given to the local gamekeeper to take to a lake.

3. Bedroom almost finished. Having problems with delivery of a headboard. Delivery company can't book it in unless enough in area to be delivered and seen incapable of understanding that if it's a day I'm working I can't be at home!! After suggesting the following week it's a case of we won't know until the end of next week.!!
    Bedroom looks good but I would like it finished.

4. DS2 been good this week and has been helping out with the cooking. Still not good with cleaning,ironing etc

5. Garden looking good at the moment and needs lots of work but feeling positive at the moment that I can achieve my aim of it being more like the finished plan at the end of the year than at the start of the year. My plan is at least a 5 year plan but more realistically it will be a 10 year plan.

6. House looking fairly tidy which is amazing as haven't done much in it.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all.

Quick chat with friend from home.

Kids in and kids out all day.

Had to take Mr Dog to the vets , poor thing has an ear infection going on...poor me...$170 lighter! Ear drops and an anti inflammatory injection.

Went to aldi for grocery shopping. Not a cheap shop but quite a lot bought .

Nice dog walks.

Nice chat with OH's boss / friend who called. Friend from Sydney's husband.

Had leftover chilli for tea. Added some tomato pur!e as it had been a bit watery.

Have a lovely weekend
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 Snorkers fest for breakfast, With best of back, cut mustrooms, star grilled tom, haricot beans in tomato sauce. potato pancake, instead off fried tatties. You know it as a rosti, just like a university graduate that is a glorified waiter, a barista! Scramble eggs on hot buttered toast was wolfed down with tea.

4 Got carpet ripped out of room of bed all prepped for painting tomorrow. Cannot believe at the dump, there was no queue. All ripped out and burning in the dump. Other items were taken as well. No before you even think about it, BoPsie came home!

3 Apologies evening of last, I had my money on a game and won. Tonight the cans of red paint are ready. I am off for another gorilla in town. No big Warster this evening.

2 Now sat with concentrate of blackcurrant and eau de faucet, with fresh cake of jam. Tum is being rubbed.

We in the end ...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) The perfume of combines hawthorn flowers and bluebells along the lanes, so fresh, so summery!

2) We seem to have lots of thrushes this year, I must have seen a dozen or so as I walked with Cookie and for the past few years it's just been the odd one or two, love them.

3) The colours of Rhododendrons and azaeleas from dark purple through raucous red, flaming pinks, sizzling oranges through to creamy yellows and whites, quite stunning.

4) A morning spent in the kitchen cooking, awakes my inner Nigella!

5) A cuddle with Gizmo, next doors tiny cat who has taken to sleeping in amongst the bluebells under my apple trees on the front lawn and ALWAYS comes running to say hello when I walk up the drive, she's so lovely!
  • RageinEden
    RageinEden Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My 5 OS pleasures for the last two days;
    1. Got my neck CT results and thankfully the lump isn't something to worry about - likewise my ENT appointment has given me a way forward. Let's hope everything clears up.
    2. Maximum use from my day bus ticket yesterday - five bus rides for £4.30, two very long ones.
    3. Collected my book reservations and have already discounted one budget cook book (not sure their definition of budget is the same as mine).
    4. Shopping for the week today came to £50 for us including a shop for the local foodbank.
    5. Having a lie in today when I wasn't feeling tired or ill or dreading getting up. A proper lie in just listening the birdies outside. FAB.
    The game's afoot....
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 April 2017 at 8:11PM
    Options
    Train timetable checked.
    No Big Warster train tonight, just little one! Cashed out at the bookie. Gorilla will be ordered. BoPsie putting her rags of glad on. More later! :beer::beer:

Wobbleade acquired. BoPsie is looking at the menu. Good decent grab about to be ordered. I'm having large gorilla.

Food ordered. Large gorilla about to be wolfed down. Wobbleade is tasting good. More later.

Food wolfed down. Tum rubbed. Wobbleade is flowing. Train due ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure