Bt reward problem claiming

Hi Folks
I'm new to the forum so hope I'm posting in the right area etc. I recently (on Martin Lewis morning tv recommendation) signed up to the BT Infinity £250 reward offer (£200 reward card and £50 cashback). Martin advised that this offer was only available via the Cable.co.uk site and this is the route I took. I viewed the offer on the Cable site and was then redirected to the BT site where I completed my order. I've successfully claimed the BT reward card but when filling in the BT sites cashback form the page will not accept my order reference number. On contacting BT via live chat I was told to contact the referrer for cashback and on contacting Cable I was told 'We advertise offers on behalf of BT so therefore any vouchers/cashback offers come directly from BT not from ourselves' and was advised to use the, for me, unusable BT claim form. As you can probably tell I'm stuck in the middle with no apparent way to claim my cashback. Perhaps I've done something fundamentally wrong (not unusual for me) but I cant see what it is. Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.
Mark

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Is this the page you were using for the £50?

https://www.broadbandbenefits.co.uk/cashback/
  • Hi
    Yes and thanks for the reply. This is the link provided by Cable.co.uk. The form will not accept my (verified by BT) order number simply asking me to input the number again as if the field has not been completed.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    You may need to 'remind' BT that the cashback cheque is actually a BT offer (and not the same as TCB or Quidco) and point them to their own terms which say similar.
    This cashback cheque offer is different to a member exclusive offer via a cashback site.

Good luck!
  • cool_techie
    cool_techie Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I have exactly the same problem as reported by http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=2595728 above.

Did you finally manage to get the £50 cashback?

Thanks,
    CT
    12.71kW PV system - 33 panels of JA solar JAM60S20-385/MR facing S-E(18) / N-W (15) with Growatt SPH-6000 and Growatt MIN 6000TL-X inverters, 4 ML33RTA 3.3kWh batteries, Shinephone monitor app and Solar iBoost+. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.

3.84kW PV system - 16 panels of Sharp ND-R240A2 facing SE with SMA 4000TL inverter, Geo II monitor and Solar iBoost. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.
  • I too have exactly the same problem. Have contacted BT and they claim the cashback has not tracked properly as the order number begins BTC not AJM.

Also wondered if you managed to sort this out

Thanks
  • nel10
    nel10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I'm having the same problem as the original post - Cable not accepting liability - BT not accepting liability - claim form not working. Any ideas anyone?
  • Any anyone else having problems claiming there BT reward?

Filled the form out on the 15th of June I then received an email to say I would have a voucher gift card within 30 days. So I rang them today to find out where it was the first advisor said it was dispatched on the 22nd of June but couldn't see anything more of where it was. He filled out a form to chase it up. I get following reply

Thank you for your patience while we’ve been investigating this matter.

It'll take a minimum of 30 and up to a maximum of 45 days to receive your Gift Card from the date of your claim, which was submitted on 15/06/2017.

So rang back. Raised point why say 30 days on email I got and 3 advisors telling me 30 days. 1st advisor I spoke to said, something had gone wrong I should of had it, especially as it was despatched on 22nd of June. So 2nd advisors denies it's Lost and it could be in Royal Mail system. My reply was I know the post is slow but the 22nd of June is almost four weeks ago it's clearly gone missing. All she said was she fill from out again. I just know that I'll wait another 15 days take it to the 45 days am I still won't get the gift card.
    Anyone know what I can do? Would like gift card for my holiday on 10th August.

They make it so hard to claim voucher
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I signed up for BT Fibre/Landline which was installed on 7th June 2017.
    My £80 Quidco has just been refused
    Unfortunately, the retailer has declined your claim, advising us that the cashback has been paid to another referrer. To explain, cashback is actually a commission that Quidco receives for referring an online sale to a retailer. Unlike search engines and comparison sites, we pass this on to our members instead of keeping it for ourselves.

We know how disappointing it can be when cashback is declined for this reason, and we're happy to tell you that you can prevent it from happening with future purchases by using the guidelines below:
    Also I'm still waiting for my £120 BT Reward Card which BT are investing it's where abouts ! I have been chasing this up since 30 days of claiming and BT's latest response is they are still lokkng into it and should be with me in another further 30-45 days !
    I will need to send a request for further investigation before we’re able to send a replacement Reward card.

Based on the information provided to me I can see your card will certainly be delivered within the next 30-45 days with that being the absolute maximum lead time i.e. we aim for delivery well within that timeframe,however we will contact you again at the very earliest opportunity with the outcome.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this for you.
  • Claimed on 15th June. Had an email, and text (and it says on my account) saying that it has been dispatched on 26th June. Of course it hasn't arrived. A BT advisor told me yetserday that it would be ANOTHER 30 days. Spoke to someone else today who said there were technical difficulties, that when I re-applied it was 30 days from that point (it was news to me that I had re-applied), that it was a priority and another team were looking at it, and that someone would call me back in 24-48 hours with an update. I was sent a link and an order ID so i could track the reward card. Of course this doesnt work...

So I will see if I get a call in 24-48 hours
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I claimed mine on the 10th June and was warned that it could take up to 30 days to arrive. Had another email on 5th July saying they had sent it. It arrived a few days later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure