I WILL get there!!

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sounds like such an adventure heading to NZ. Glad your OHs mum is doing well at the moment. It really is such a scary thing having ill relatives.

Hoping the fertility issues can be resolved too.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Glad to hear your mil is doing ok xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Lots of positives then. You've got a good deal on the flights (with cc protection as well). MIL is doing well and chemo almost at an end. I have everything crossed that the fertility stuff will be sorted out soon as well.
    I did a quiz about what diet I should follow. It suggested 5 2 - I think I might die on 500 calories even if it is only 2 days a week... :p
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Sounds like such an adventure heading to NZ. Glad your OHs mum is doing well at the moment. It really is such a scary thing having ill relatives.

Hoping the fertility issues can be resolved too.

Thanks Bob :) I'm really excited about the NZ trip now that I feel a bit more settled money wise! And I'm really looking forward to time spent with the in laws.

OH is keeping it a secret from his friends as we are planning to just turn up at their house during an annual event that they all get together for :)
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Glad to hear your mil is doing ok xx

Thanks Abba, it's such a relief :)
    Lots of positives then. You've got a good deal on the flights (with cc protection as well). MIL is doing well and chemo almost at an end. I have everything crossed that the fertility stuff will be sorted out soon as well.
    I did a quiz about what diet I should follow. It suggested 5 2 - I think I might die on 500 calories even if it is only 2 days a week... :p

I think I need to look at things with a more positive hat on, there are lots of positives at the moment, and I need to appreciate them :)

I'll have to have a look at the 5:2, I've heard good things about it but I feel the same about the 500 calories a day :o
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Kirsty. Hope you're feeling abit better today? I've seen a few people write on their threads what they are thankful for each day, like a sunny day or a nice meal! It sounds like a nice idea for you to do to appreciate the little, positive things that happen everyday, I think I'm going to have a go at it! Best wishes to your MIL and I hope she's all better soon!

Take care! x

P.S Do you have room in your suitcase for me when you go to NZ?!
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • kirtsypoos
    Forumite
    I am feeling a little better today but still quite miserable if I'm honest!

I want to be happy and joyful but I don't seem to have it in me at the moment :(
    My little pooch is coming to stay for just over a week and she arrives tonight so I'm looking forward to having her around, I know she will cheer me up :)

Bit of a rough time at work at the moment. I'm being told I made an error which will delay everyone in the companys wage payment but I KNOW I didn't and I'm getting very frustrated with it. We have an external accountant so once a month I tot up all the timesheets and send a summary of wages to our accountant. I have always done this 2/3 days before payday and it's never been a problem but this month it was 3 days from payday and they are saying they need a minimum of 5 working days to process payments so I'm getting very annoyed that this has never been mentioned before and worried that no one will get paid tomorrow as they should :mad:

OH mowed the front lawn last night and then ordered me a curry as I'd had a completely rubbish day and wanted to cheer me up. I appreciated the thought but I wasn't really in the mood for takeaway - I'd have been happier with a bowl of mash - I'm so ungrateful sometimes :o

I watched the Dr Christian programme last night and there was a woman on there with pelvic congestion syndrome. It really resonated with me as what she was describing is exactly how I feel a lot of the time, like when my pains are bad I'm more of a burden than a help. OH saw me getting upset and was lovely and reassuring but I do worry what effect my conditions have on him - it can't be easy seeing me in pain or when I can't do much.

Just another feel sorry for myself day I'm afraid. I'll pull myself out of it shortly I am sure.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Forumite
    Jessy103 wrote: »
    Hi Kirsty. Hope you're feeling abit better today? I've seen a few people write on their threads what they are thankful for each day, like a sunny day or a nice meal! It sounds like a nice idea for you to do to appreciate the little, positive things that happen everyday, I think I'm going to have a go at it! Best wishes to your MIL and I hope she's all better soon!

Take care! x

P.S Do you have room in your suitcase for me when you go to NZ?!

Oops must have cross posted with you there Jessy :)

I have seen the things to be thankful for on a couple of diaries and I really should get into it - it would really help me at the moment I think.

I would try and squeeze you in for the way there but they way back could be an issue :rotfl: I've been informed by the in laws that I need to leave a lot of room in the suitcase as they have stored all OHs belongings since he moved here and I think they've had enough :o
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    How annoying about the wages thing! Late wages are guaranteed to make you popular ;)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hey again :hello:
    You do know that it's absolutely ok to feel cr a ppy some days, don't you? If you're going to feel bad about feeling bad then you're going to get stuck in a rut. That's some pressure that's been put on you re the wages. I would explain it in the same way you explained it to us. If it's never been a problem in the past and they've not said otherwise this month then not your problem. Hope you don't get too much aggro about it.
    Have you googled 'unhelpful thinking styles'? Should and must thinking is on there you know.
    Please remember you're a fabulous woman who just isn't on top form at this precise moment. Ride through it - you will appreciate the good times more for experiencing the tough days. :)
  • kirtsypoos
    Forumite
    I've finally heard that wages will be paid tomorrow, just not first thing. I'm very relieved!! I barely slept last night worrying about it - my lads would NOT be best impressed and they are quite hot headed. Normally I give as good as I get with them but the thought of 25 of them going off at me at the same time, especially the way I feel at the moment was not a nice thought!

I think I forgot that sometimes it is ok just to not feel 100% - I think at the moment it's more that I feel guilty that I've had this amazing gift and I feel like I should be happier. Could woulda shoulda. It's just a fall before the next rise. Like you say CCL, you can't appreciate the highs if you never have lows :)

You'll have to let me know how the 5:2 book goes :)

My little pooch shaped shadow has arrived and is currently trying to sit on the laptop in order to get closer for a cuddle. She will cheer me up no end. I love having a dog in the house :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport