DIY Wedding Make Up

Options
Hi

I'm getting married next year and will be doing my own makeup, I don't wear much and not really sure what essentials I'll need to the day does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you :)

Comments

• usernameisvalid
    Options
    Like yourself I rarely wore make up and didn't have a clue

I booked a colour me beautiful consultation about 2 months before hand. Don't know if they still do them. However it was great in finding what colours suited me, learning how to do my eyes to the best and not being pushed into buying ( I did buy an eye palette )

Itnworked for me as I had a very low key, very relaxed, back garden wedding. If I had the big white froth job, I'd have booked a make up artist
  • Fuzzy_Duck
    Fuzzy_Duck Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did my own makeup, but I wear makeup every day so you probably don't want to wear as much as me. I used primer, foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and lipliner. Pretty much everything!

As you don't tend to wear much, I would suggest just a few products to make you look your best and avoid looking washed out in photos. Also it will make getting ready much quicker and less stressful for you.

If you've got good skin, just a bit of powder to avoid any shininess would be a good bet. If you want perfect looking skin though, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation is really easy to apply, has good coverage and lasts all day.

You don't necessarily need primer, but I wear it for special occasions and it gives you a really smooth base for your make up and helps it last longer. I have a No 7 one which does the job. If you're pale, a bit of blush or bronzer will give you a healthy glow.

To keep things simple a bit of mascara and some lippie is probably all you need to look your best. I cannot rave enough about Maybelline SuperStay 24 Hour lipcolour. I wore it for my wedding and whilst I did have to use the moisturing tip throughout the day, it stayed on through eating, drinking and kissing the husband :p

Do a few practice runs beforehand to work out how long it will take you and to work out what colours look best. I'd say if you want to look like you on the day though don't feel obligated to use a ton of products.
  • bangle45
    Options
    Thank you will look into those
  • BusyBargainz
    Options
    Choose a foundation without an SPF, as it can cause you to look washed out in photographs :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure