DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Comments

• January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    ramblehan wrote: »
    Wish I could figure out how you clever people sometimes respond to two posts in one message!

Along the bottom of each posts are buttons in the following order

Thanks
    Image that looks like to speech bubbles

Click the image that looks like two speech bubbles. This will quote the first post you want to quote. Then go to the next post you want to quote and if it's the last post you want to quote them press Quote. However if you want to quote even more posts after this one then press the speech bubbles again.

Hope that makes more sense that it does when I read it back:rotfl:
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

:D Simply combine posts with 2 sets of
    or the multiquote button does it for you
    Along the bottom of each posts are buttons in the following order

Thanks
    Image that looks like to speech bubbles

Click the image that looks like two speech bubbles. This will quote the first post you want to quote. Then go to the next post you want to quote and if it's the last post you want to quote them press Quote. However if you want to quote even more posts after this one then press the speech bubbles again.

Hope that makes more sense that it does when I read it back:rotfl:

:T:T:T:T:T Got it!!! Thank you
  • jubilee14 wrote: »
    HI SS, I missed your first posts as not on here as much as id like to be. But thought id let you know i had a similar experience with them. I too have had interest on my cc charged at lower rate in the early years then nothing then back on to a higher but still lower than normal rate then in August last year i got a statement saying that i was being charged at full rate of the card 26% !!! i called them and they said because my monthly payment was bigger than minimum payment even though i was on a DMP that it was no longer considered an AP. My credit showed ok. They said they would hold it for 90 days while i spoke to SC who said that we cant enforce the how they charge interest. So now i havent had a statement for months. My Noddle account gives me latest balance ( a month or 2 behind) but the difference is now an extention of a few months. I had to reduce payments last two months but heard nothing from them. So i am just waiting to see what happens for now and keep paying DMP. If i hear anything else though will let you know. Its the only one of remaining 3 that is not defaulted hence why i am wondering about paying off and then just closing so it would fall off my credit as settled rather than another 6 years at default.
    Hi Jubilee14
    Thanks for this, I called them in the end as I don't have any printer ink, they had disabled access to my online account and it just seemed easier than pen and paper as I wouldn't be able to take a copy of the letter I had written but to no avail. I was told my account was closed so Customer Services couldn't help me with the interest hike query. They put me through to Collections but Collections said I wasn't with them so in order to speak with them I would need to wait 24 hours for them to 'force' my accounts into collections....I called the next day (on the number collections gave me) to be told my account had been frozen from interest for 4 months due to my illness....I have no illness??? So he said I might have complained of a cough or cold when I had been on the phone to the them previously and it may have been recorded as me saying I was ill? Of course I do not remember ever having said anything like this at all but how would I remember? It had been 5 months ago....I certainly wouldn't have said I was suffering from an illness as I wasn't and I wouldn't have made that up?! So, then he went back to what you have mentioned in your post. He said I was paying over the minimum payment so they've assessed that I can pay and it is affordable so are now charging me 29.9% compound interest?! Despite my account being closed and not ever wanting anymore money from them EVER! It is so unfair. He sent me a new income and expenditure form and this will show I can afford the minimum (more probably) so what is the point in sending it back? What a farce. At this rate, I will still be paying BC in 10 years time! Since I started on my DMP I have paid them £6198 and they have charged me just short of £2k in interest. :eek:
  • Hello all, hope you are doing ok.
    Update on my DMP, I spoke to SC and they are happy I'm good to go. First payment has been set up for 1st March but I've asked for it to be delayed due to some upcoming dentist and opticians for glasses appointments. I asked last week but they haven't confirmed so may have to follow up. Other than that everything with SC is going well.
    I notified all my creditors and have started receiving letters acknowledging my situation, so at least they are aware.
    Looking forward to getting the payments up and running and ticking along month after month. Just a waiting game now!

Hope you are all well, have a good weekend all!! Xx
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    2017spark wrote: »
    Hello all, hope you are doing ok.
    Update on my DMP, I spoke to SC and they are happy I'm good to go. First payment has been set up for 1st March but I've asked for it to be delayed due to some upcoming dentist and opticians for glasses appointments. I asked last week but they haven't confirmed so may have to follow up. Other than that everything with SC is going well.
    I notified all my creditors and have started receiving letters acknowledging my situation, so at least they are aware.
    Looking forward to getting the payments up and running and ticking along month after month. Just a waiting game now!

Hope you are all well, have a good weekend all!! Xx

Good for you spark
    I too am awaiting confirmation that we are set to go and I just want to get moving with it all too.
    Good luck with your journey
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated wrote: »
    Good for you spark
    I too am awaiting confirmation that we are set to go and I just want to get moving with it all too.
    Good luck with your journey
    M

Hi motivated! (Not sure if I've done this quote right?!)
    Good to see you here, we are at the same stage in our DMP so looking forward to sharing the journey with you, hopefully it will be easy sailing for us both!
    I just want the next couple of months out the way before my plan starts proper. I didn't want to delay it but need new glasses and some dental work. Would rather delay and clear those first before having it in my budget.
    Good luck!
    X
  • motivated
    The many people on here who have been where we are now advise to delay the start so if you need money for other things then delay the first payment.

I had to email over some more info today for ours to the plan activation team and hopefully that will be enough to get us started too. I am being a little impatient I know. It's the not knowing that makes me wobble a bit.

It does seem to set up fairly quickly as well doesn't it.

Good luck on your journey. I for one will definitely be around for a while yet ;)
    M
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    motivated wrote: »

Good luck on your journey. I for one will definitely be around for a while yet ;)
    M

Hi motivated

As someone who has frequented this forum for the last 2 years, I can honestly say the majority of people who succeed with their DMP, or at least seem to get through it with less stress, are the ones who visit the forum regularly and 'keep in touch' with others in the same boat.

It really does help to know you are not alone. If, like a lot of people, you don't feel able to talk to family and friends in the real world about your debt situation, it helps to have people who understand, who won't judge you, and who are going through - or have been through - the same thing. These are the people of DFW who become your virtual friends and family.

Withour DFW forums I would have struggled to get through. Sometimes I've wanted to vent my frustration, other times shout from the rooftops at successes and milestones. Only on the forum do I feel able to do that.

It's definitely worth staying around to stay....well to stay 'motivated' ;)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Keezing
    Keezing Posts: 322 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    One of my creditors is refusing to freeze interest or accept my repayment offer until I send my last 3 payslips and bank account statements for the last 3 months.

I have nothing to hide so could do this.

Can anyone think of any drawbacks?

Should I try refusing and quoting the lending code which states that people self managing shouldn't be treated differently than if they went through a debt charity?
  • motivated
    Hi motivated
    It really does help to know you are not alone. If, like a lot of people, you don't feel able to talk to family and friends in the real world about your debt situation, it helps to have people who understand, who won't judge you, and who are going through - or have been through - the same thing. These are the people of DFW who become your virtual friends and family.

Withour DFW forums I would have struggled to get through. Sometimes I've wanted to vent my frustration, other times shout from the rooftops at successes and milestones. Only on the forum do I feel able to do that.

Thanks January
    I totally agree. My family would be like :eek: and I couldn't handle the questions and the looking down their noses at us.

But you are so right about the forum. I dread to think what my state of mind would've been if I hadn't plucked up the courage to post and ask for advice. I can honestly say that since we accepted that we were in the brown stuff and we needed help and made the call to SC a weight has seriously been lifted even though we are still in the very early stages of a DMP. ( awaiting confirmation) I have actually seen the light and am not worried about having to rob Peter to pay Paul any longer.

We have our new account, even have 2 yes 2 savings accounts now one for emergencies and one for expenses such as car insurance tax and MOT etc we have a budget in place ( I even told DH off today for buy 2 newspapers) :rotfl: an emergency fund in place and we are set to go. For once we are actually looking forward and not back.
    Thanks again you are :A
    M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills