We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Postal, Text and Phone Competitions - Part 19

Miss_Cinnabon
Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 27 January 2013 at 11:09PM in Game Over Archives
Shiny new thread for everyone :D

Link to previous thread HERE( Please also check this thread as there are still active comps in it, thanks)

Please keep chat to a minimum in here, thanks :D

Any questions about postals/texts then feel free to pm me anytime or ask on this thread, we are all happy to help out:D
pixiedust4.gif
AIOE (all in one envelope)

Data Solutions Centre - Prima, Zest, Reveal, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping (going to data solutions centre address) and any others going to the data solutions address (thanks juliejugs for finding this out)

Kennedy Publishing Mags - Get Busy, Bumper Specials, Angelina Ballerina, Cute, Pink and Busy Time

Animals & you
Bliss
Bon marche
Doctor who adventures
Dogs monthly
Dogs today
Do Crafts Creativity
Ellegirl
Full House ( For those addressed to The Tower etc)
Girl Talk
Good Homes
Hair
Health & fitness
Hello
House beautiful
Ideal home
Love it
Marie Claire
Marks & Spencer
More
Period House
Pick me up (aoop)
Prima
Real People (not the entry form)
Reveal
Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness (thanks lislou for finding this out)
Sainsbury's mag ( as long as its going to the same address) thanks lislou for finding that out
Simply Cards & Papercrafting
Slimming World
Sparkle World
Tesco Magazine
Toxic Magazine
Weightwatchers
Woman & Home

If you hear of any more that can go aioe, then let me know:D
pixiedust4.gif

When inputing a comp, please put end date, name of prize and where you got the comp details from ie:

E: 01/01 win cash - name of magazine etc
(helps with searching, thanks)

As there were some confusion over what can go into the thread and what cant, here is what can be put in:
All Postal Comps
Text Comps (Up to price £1.53)

Phone Comps (Costing no more than £1.53)
Details Of Entry Form Comps
Details Of Surveys In Mags/Newspapers
Coupon Collect Comps In Mags/Newspapers
NPN Entry Details (No Purchase Necessary)

Daily texts go in here, but if you can let Glad know with the link to the post then she can add it to the dailies list, info on how to link a single post is below in next post :D

Email comps from magazines etc go onto the main board
pixiedust4.gif

As requested and to avoid posts getting duplicated, i have compiled a full list of who posts what with the help of others of course:D if you see mags not listed then pm me and i will add them.

Miss Cinnabon - House beautiful

Babymoo - Fate and Fortune, Chat it's Fate

Elverman - Forecourt Trader

Skippycat - People Newspaper (With Take it Easy Mag), Notw (covering for elsietanner71), Love It Wordsearch

Poohbear1 - Somerfield, Mizz, Top of the Pops

Salsa16 - Daily Record, Sunday Scottish mail (With Seven Days and Right at Home Mags)

Princessmoneysaver - Dr Who, Cute, Busy Time, Get Busy, Pink, Easy Peazy, Shout (mix of email & text), Cake Decorating

Rexy - Sunday Mirror (Sudoku), Tv Choice (kids comp)

Wingobins - Pink mag, Sparkle World

Jenza8 - Good Food, Center Parcs Village Life magazine

CraSiEla - What's On TV, Gadget Show, Newsshopper, Liverpool Echo, People's Friend, That's Life

Wookeyhole1 - Soaplife, Inside Soap

Pretenna - Bliss Mag

Aytch - Cornwall Today

Chrissie57 - Woman & Home, Weekly News, Take a Break Specials

All eBayed Out - Top Sante

AtomicOctogirl
- Metroku

Ness13 - Belfast Telegraph, Tv Easy, Real People, Weight Watchers, Sunday Post, Prima, Daily Express (Friday), Sunday Express

MissBailey - Zest

Helen07 - Classic Rock, Metal Hammer, Rock Sound, Fortean Times, Total Film

DaisyBella - Beano (weekly), BeanoMax

Auntie H - Good Housekeeping, Sainsbury's

HeartOfGold - Uncut

mumsthe - Docrafts Creativity, Simply Cards & Papercraft

hismummy - Animals & You

countrybump - Crafts Beautiful

Redrose1414 - WWE Kids

feefeegabor - Slimming World

Painkiller - Uefa/Football, The Hotel Inspector (Five TV Comps), Extreme Fishing, Classic Car Rescue

red-foxx - Sunday Mirror (With Celebs on Sunday Mag), She

Oddies - Tv Times, Now, My Weekly,Your Home, Mail on Sunday Arrow-word/Code-Breaker, You, Nottingham Post and Chad Newspaper, Look Mag

Lindsayb - Coast Mag

RedCardinal - Take a Break Sudoku Collection, Saturday Daily Mail/Mail on Sunday Sudoku

6969annw - Take a Break Mini Wordsearch Collection, Mini Wordsearch Lite

bumblebug - Take a Break Mini Puzzle Mix Collection, Ideal Home

pa2539 - Sun paper (buzz magazine)

jambodaveprince - Daily Mirror, Hello! Mag

Melvis - Woman's Own, Woman's Own Specials, Full House, Chat Specials

zaphgb - Daily mail arrow word, Take a Break Mini Codebreakers Collection, Take a Break Mini Crosswords Collection

silversize - Essentials

nanto3girls - Yours

Deanne2012 - Peppa Pig

KJaybaby - Best

Jokey - Reveal

Comments

• Miss_Cinnabon
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2012 at 9:56AM
    I want to link to a single post so i can send this to be added to Glad for dailies or i want to show off what i have won, how do i do this?

Simple, just click on the post number and it takes you to a single post, then just copy and paste the url where you want it be added, as shown in pic below, post number is circled:

FireShotcapture005-MoneySavingExpert_comForums-ViewSinglePost-PostalTextandPhoneCompetitions-Part8-forums_moneysavingexpert_com_showpost_htm.png
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Forumite
    What tips are there for when I enter a postcard entry comp?

There is a special thread for comps which can only be entered by post called Postal, Text and Phone Competitions.

Money saving ideas follow:

1. Make sure you read carefully what details they want from you. If it says name, address & phone number then do make sure that is what you put - then before you send it double check everything you have written to make sure it is correctly spelt & everything they asked for.
    2. Printed address labels can really save you time & a sore hand when entering lots of postcard comps in one sitting.
    3. Ensure anything you do hand write is clear & easy to read, as messy or rushed handwriting may mean they can't work out your details & move on to another winner.
    4. Send the postcard with a 2nd class stamp as they seem to arrive around the same time as a 1st class stamp does too. Only worth splashing out on a 1st class stamp if the comp end date is close.
    5. Stamps can be bought in bulk from Sainsbury's, Superdrug or other places which have special promotions for stamps at certain times which means you save money.
    6. To avoid your postcard coming back to you, write the comp address on the right of the card as usual but when you write your details on the left, turn the card around so you are writing sideways, this avoids the automated machinery returning your entry to you by mistake. You can also write your phone number under your post code as that works too.
    7. Places like cinemas, health clubs, libraries, leisure centres, some TK Maxx stores (by the till), O’Briens, various coffee shops, galleries, hotels & some pubs may have a stand with free post cards (mainly advertising things), so no need to buy post cards.
    8. Make your own from old birthday/Christmas cards/cereal boxes.
    9. Buy a cheap pack of coloured card & cut each page into 4 postcards. You end up with colourful postcards & you could further brighten them up using highlighter pens, stickers or even glue some pictures from magazines that are themed for the comp you are entering!
    10. Cut up your old cereal boxes, birthday / Christmas cards & use them for postcards. One MSE Comper prints a label (generally using a fancy font) & sticks that on the front, then puts their details on the back. This MSE Comper has won with them so they do work, they're free & they save space in the recycling bin.
    11. Use royal mail surveys as a way of earning free stamps, they are currently not recruiting but always worth checking back for when they do.
    12. Add the end date where you would put the stamp on your postcards, this way you can sort out what needs sent first if you are short on stamps or deciding what needs to be sent via first or second class stamps.
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Forumite
    List of places that you can pick up free postcards normally:

Vue Cinemas
    Odeon Cinemas
    TK Maxx
    Showcase Cinemas
    Coffee Bars
    Cineworld Cinemas
    Slug and Lettuce Pubs
    Starbucks
    Libraries

Also keep a look out when out shopping as shops sometimes have free postcards when they are advertising a product.
    pixiedust4.gif
    List of places to buy postcards:

The Postcard Store
    Ebay

You can also make up your own postcards by using up your old xmas cards, greetings cards, printing your own out etc

Also a great way for your cards to stand out is to personalise them, either by using stickers ( i use tinkerbell of course;)) or by decorating them in your own unique way:D
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Forumite
    Can i buy stamps from ebay?

Yes, you can buy either a book of stamps or buy in bulk, search either 1st class stamps or 2nd class stamps and you should get some good results from that, if in doubt then send me a quick pm and i can help you with the search.

Can i not just put my entry into an envelope as opposed to putting my details on a postcard?

Answer is no, you run the risk of your entry being disqualified as some companies will not open envolopes, the only time to send in an envolope is when a comp states ppe (plain paper entry) or aioe (all in one envelope).

What does aioe mean?

AIOE means simply all in one envelope, where if there is lots of comps going to the same address but needs to be on seperate postcards etc then you can put them in an envelope which means you save on stamps, please check the aioe list on the first post to see what companys accept aioe

I'm new to text comps, what do i do?

To enter text comps, read what comp is asking for ie just your details or answer, name and address.

A text will normally start with a heading, this will identify what competition you are entering, either an answer to the question and ask for your details, for example HAIRA then answer, name, house no and postcode or your name and full address details.

What do i text when it says send answer?

If a comp says send your answer, sometimes it will state what they are looking for ie the daily mirror comps just ask for the letter ie if the answer is B) Face, then all they want is the letter B.

Others like the sunday post just ask for the answer, what they are looking for is the full answer ie B) Face, majority of comps it is best to put that full answer in, if in doubt, either send me a quick pm or pop a question onto this thread and we will be glad to help out.

How much will i be charged, can i use my free minutes?

Unfortunately no, you cant use your free minutes unless it is snr (standard network rate only) comp, the charges are are either 25p, 50p, £1 or £1.50 + snr.

How successful are the postal/text comps?

As these type of comps require a bit of effort/cost then there are less people entering them so more chance of winning them! there have been amazing wins from the postal thread - holidays, vouchers, cash and many more :D
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Forumite
    Full list of mags which are entry form only, if you know of any more then please let me know so i can add it to the list :D

National Geographic Kids
    Slimming World (some comps are entry form only)
    Scottish Memories
    Kraze Comic
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Forumite
    edited 4 November 2012 at 10:44PM
    [STRIKE]Hi looking for volunteers to take over Look and Reveal mag as never poke a squirrel is unable to keep these mags on, if you can post on here or via pm to let me know and i can change the first post, thanks :D
    [/STRIKE] thanks to oddies for taking over look mag and jokey for doing reveal mag :j

Huge well done to all the winners, esp Oddies! :j:j could do with some of your luck :rotfl::D

As always, can everyone listed on first post please take a look and see if you are still ok for your mags or if you see someone down that doesnt post anymore then let me know as i can then get the mags organised as to who is covering what etc

Best of luck everyone :T
  • CraSiEla
    CraSiEla Posts: 4,932
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you for the shiny new thread ppd :A

Crossword XWD Win £100 - Answer: ALED JONES
    Spot the Shot STS Win £100 - Answer: Page 89
    £500 Crossword FIV Win £500 - Answer: THE ONLY WAY IS ESSEX

Phone your answers with your name, address & phone number, on our hotline - 09056 522 930 BT calls cost £1.02 per call, calls from other networks may be higher

or Text the following to 85088: WOTVA (space) then your answers, then your name, house no. & postcode. msg costs £1 + SNR. Text messages must contain no more than 160 characters.
    You can enter as many competitions as you like with just one text! eg WOTVA (space) Bad Girls (space) 17 (space) Tess Daly (space) Anyone (space) 1 (space) AB1 2CD

Postal Entry: Fill out the coupon or send on plain paper but it needs to be set out the same as the coupon and send in envelope to:

What's On TV Competitions No 45
    PO Box 502
    Leicester
    LE94 0AB

1 CROSSWORD XWD

2 SPOT THE SHOT STS

3 £500 CROSSWORD FIV

Name (Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)…………………………..
    Delete as applicable

Address……………………………………………..

……………………………………………………….

Postcode…………………………………………….

Daytime phone No………………………………….

When you enter by text you may in future get SMS marketing messages from IPC & WOTV. If you don't want to receive them, please end your text with NO INFO.
    Service operates across all networks. SP Telecom Express 0870 880 4869. IPC Media, publisher of What's On Tv, will collect your personal information solely to process your competition entry

Good luck everyone

Well done to ALL last weeks winners
    ASK A WOMAN HOW SHE FEELS
    AND SHE'LL OPEN HER HEART AND TELL YOU HER

FEARS, HOPES AND DREAMS
    ASK A MAN WHAT HE FEELS AND HE'LL TELL YOU
    HE FEELS LIKE A
    PIZZA
  • CraSiEla
    Forumite
    WIN A KINDLE FIRE!

To celebrate the launch of The Sutton Guardian on the Kindle Fire we are giving away two of these stylish new devices to two of our lucky readers!

The Kindle Fire is Amazon's answer to the iPad - a full colour 7-inch touch-screen portable tablet that seamlessly connects to the internet via wifi.

How to enter
    Answer this question:
    On what digital device is the Sutton Guardian now available?
    A) Kindle Fire :j
    B) Kindle Wood
    C) Kindle Sun

Send your answer, along with your name and contact details to:
    The Sutton Guardian Amazon Kindle Competition,
    Newsquest Digital,
    Mezzanine Floor,
    Harmsworth House,
    13-15 Bouverie Street,
    London
    EC4Y 8DP

Include the word WEB on your entry

Send your text to 80360, starting with READER leave a space, followed by your answer, name and address. End your text with the word WEB.

Simply call 0901 360 0815 and leave your answer and details when prompted

Calls cost no more than £1.02 per call from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and some other networks may cost more. Texts cost £1.00 plus your normal operator text charge.

FEARS, HOPES AND DREAMS
    HE FEELS LIKE A
    PIZZA
  • CraSiEla
    Forumite
    Win tickets to Neverland and see Peter Pan in panto this Christmas!
    Our five lucky winners will receive a family ticket each, which will be valid for up to four people.
    Tickets cost from £15 to £26.
    For bookings call 08448 717620, or visit atgtickets.com/bromley

How to enter
    Answer this question:Which of these fairy tale characters will Jennifer Ellison be playing in The Churchill’s pantomime this Christmas?
    A) The Little Mermaid
    B) Peter Pan :j
    C) Snow White

Churchill Pantomime Competition,
    News Shopper,
    Mega House,
    Crest View Drive,
    Petts Wood,
    Kent
    BR5 1BT

Send your text to 80360, starting with NSPANTO leave a space, followed by your answer, name and address. End your text with the word WEB.

Texts cost 50p plus your normal operator text charge.

FEARS, HOPES AND DREAMS
    HE FEELS LIKE A
    PIZZA
  • CraSiEla
    Forumite
    Win tickets to the theatre for world premiere of new comedy!

From the pen of acclaimed writer David Spicer, comes the wickedly satirical, brand new comedy about a head of state who is losing her mind, a royal minister who is out of his depth and a humble chambermaid who witnesses everything, in between changing the sheets. Making its world premiere at the Ashcroft Theatre for six performances, people can book seats today for Long Live the Mad Parade — the comedy which proves monarchy can be anarchy.
    Long Live the Mad Parade runs from November 21 to November 24 at the Fairfield Halls. For more information and to book tickets, visit fairfield.co.uk or call 020 8688 9291.
    Our winners’ tickets will be valid for Wednesday and Thursday performances, subject to availability. Additional expenses are the responsibility of the prize winners.

How to enter
    Answer this question:
    Which playwright penned Long Live the Mad Parade, due to run at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon?
    A) William Shakespeare
    B) David Spicer :j
    C) Alan Ayckbourn

Fairfield Halls Competition,
    News Shopper,
    Mega House,
    Crest View Drive,
    Petts Wood,
    Kent
    BR5 1BT

Send your text to 80360, starting with NSTHEATRE leave a space, followed by your answer, name and address. End your text with the word WEB.

Texts cost 50p plus your normal operator text charge.

FEARS, HOPES AND DREAMS
    HE FEELS LIKE A
    PIZZA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income