❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Comments

• MrsDrink wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned - Hotel Chocolat have their Christmas stock online.

Our local HC is a factory shop - it still has last year's Christmas stock! :rotfl:
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • riskyb wrote: »
    Now that canvas of photos are ordered for the OH (at half price :D), i can think about what other things I wld like to make for xmas.

I am thinking some snowmans soup. See thread link (not sure if I am copying the link correctly so please feel free to let me know how to do it well)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1189961

Any one else planning the same???
    RB

I'm doing snowman soup for the first time this year. I've bought cellophane cone shaped bags and I'm going to half fill them with hot choc, put mini marshmallows on top, tie them with ribbon and tie the candy cane into the ribbon.
    I found the poems on pinterest, printed them off, cut them out and stuck onto card, will just use a hole punch and tie the label onto the ribbon as well.
    I'm optimistic that they will look pretty good. I've not got choc yet, trying to work out cheapest deal cos I need a fair bit.
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    To all Yankee Candle fans-

How long do their tea lights burn for ?

And are they normal tea light size?

My nativity scene is a tea light holder, and I was thinking of giving in and buying some. But £7/ £8 for 12 is a lot of money for tea lights.

I also don't know what they smell like.

Or the best place to buy them.
  • So much to catch up on, will have to try over the weekend

Little Lexie finally made an appearance on tues evening at 11.52pm in a very quick labour, sadly she has a little heart condition (like her sister) but nothing too complicated, finally came home this morning, she weighted 6lb11.

Am very happy and tired!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, will pop a photo on over weekend if I can!!

Congratulations and what a lovely name! My friend called her little girl Lexie earlier in the year - I'd never heard it before then!
    Hobnobs are like marines
  • congratulations will-be-debt-free. Hope Lexi's heart improves. At least if her sister has the same you know what to expect (I hope).
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Morning everyone,
    Just quickly popped in to wish will-be-debt-free my congratulations on the birth of Lexie. Hoping the heart problems are not too serious and that both mum and baby are doing well.

Right rushing off to work though no doubt I will be back later tonight since there is a football match on tv tonight.
    13 projects in 2013 0/13
  • Many congratulations Will be debt free on your new addition! Lexie is a gorgeous name. I hope you are recovering ok and able to relax a bit and just enjoy her. Take lots of care xx
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Congratulations will-be-debt-free! What a lovely name :)
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations Will be bet free xx

I'm off shopping today. I'm hoping to get the Little Tykes play kitchen for my DD from HB, they had it for £29.99. I would of liked the wooden one from Asda but I was too slow .
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Congrats on the birth of lexie! Xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts