Problem with 'Great British Discounts'

Comments

• KGB73 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Has anyone had any luck??? They have just taken money from me despite not issuing an account number, my credit card (pre loaded) or any kind of paperwork. I am now very angry and frustrated..I do not want them to take this money every month..how do I stop it?

Me too! I'm going to ring them tomorrow the number is 0800 039 4057 good luck.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    ...does anyone have any advice as to what I can do?
    Thanks!
    Well there is good advice earlier in the thread.

Maybe the information in post #28 will help.
  • I would be very wary of this company.
    I joined for the discount card, and duly cancelled within good time.
    However GBD continued to take the monthly subscription out of my account for 5 months :angry:
    I have since been reimbursed, :) but anyone joining needs to be 'on the ball' where their accounts are concerned.
    I have had problems with this sort of company once before....I have certainly learned my lesson and will never join any company like this again :wall:
  • Ring them and they should reimburse you and stop any further withdrawals......did you have a reference number when you cancelled? See my post on 3/2/13 :)
    Has anyone else been scammed by Great British Discounts? I booked a fairly expensive train ticket with rail easy on the basis I would receieve £20 cash back with Great British Discounts. It was really confusing how you actually got the cashback so I rang them up and they explained i had to fill in a form send it off and then I would be sent a preloaded mastercard with £20 on to either use in stores or take out as cash. This was months ago and I still haven't receieved it and on top of this I asked them to cancel my membership which they didn't and I have charged 14.95 this month. Has anyone else had this trouble and does anyone have any advice as to what I can do?
    Thanks!
  • Hi,

I applied for the £20 prepaid mastercard offer when I booked flights via flybe. Several weeks later and I haven't received anything as yet and today I find I can't access or log onto their website. https://greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk/

I have tried emailing them and haven't heard anything either. Anyone else having problems? If I had read this thread I wouldn't have bothered joining. Is this all a scam?!:mad:

Any advise gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance for your help.
  • Hey dharmakids.......

I couldn't get onto the website this morning either but found this number a few posts up on this forum and rang the customer service people, the chap on the phone was very helpful, so my advice is to give them a call today

0800 0394 053
  • Hi

For anyone wishing to cancel their membership with GBD, you can go to a special website to do so. As a first time poster, I can't post the link this time, but if anyone would like to know what it is, please reply to this post and hopefully I'll be able to post it then. I actually cancelled by phoning their customer services department who said they had cancelled it for me, so I haven't actually had to use the website to cancel it. The customer services number I phoned is 08000394053 and I chose the second option to actually speak to a person! :)

Hope this helps anybody trying to cancel.
  • Fimbo77
    Fimbo77 Posts: 31 Forumite
    I`m trying to cancel with these people but still having difficulties - I was even wondering if this was a free-fone number
  • lfc84
    lfc84 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i posted my claim form on the 10 april 2013 and im still waiting for my mastercard gift card. i know they received my claim form becuase i have the tracking number. i phoned a couple of weeks ago and was told the gift card would be sent to me within a week. i phoned again this week and was told it would be sent within the next couple of weeks. i advise people to avoid this organisation. the discounts that they offer are widely publicly available
  • Don't touch these people with a bargepole. They will take out a continuing debit authorisation on your debit card and deduct money as a "card payment" each month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure