Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    Hope everyone is doing ok?

I've my early scan tomorrow, feeling really nervous about it. The lack of pregnancy symptoms is fuelling my worries, but fingers crossed all ok.

Can I ask if anyone else is still working out/ running / managing to go the gym? I've literally done nothing for 8 weeks, and on one hand it's getting me down but on the other, I also don't feel like doing anything either:rotfl:

Good luck tomorrow a fresh start, hope you get some lovely pictures.

I tried to go running at 5 weeks after previously keeping up with 5k once or twice a week. Felt faint and sick so ended up home after 2k.
    I've found that there isn't a point in the day when I feel well enough. I'm not worried about it, just making sure I still fit a bit of walking in and don't eat too much. I'm a bit concerned about becoming a pregnant whale.

I've had to book another private scan as my nhs trust must be the last in the uk still not offering the nt scan. I don't want to wait until the 16 week downs bloods that they do offer so it's a bit late to make a decision about the pregnancy. So that's £195 less in the bank.
    In the plus side I'm having it the day before I'm off home for the weekend so can tell all my siblings. Should be just under 12 weeks for the scan.
  • LisaJane
    LisaJane Posts: 355 Forumite
    Hope everyone is doing ok?

I've my early scan tomorrow, feeling really nervous about it. The lack of pregnancy symptoms is fuelling my worries, but fingers crossed all ok.

Can I ask if anyone else is still working out/ running / managing to go the gym? I've literally done nothing for 8 weeks, and on one hand it's getting me down but on the other, I also don't feel like doing anything either:rotfl:

Hey...I did nothing at the start partly due to having an essay to write and partly due to extreme tiredness! Was 9 weeks last week and my energy levels seem to have picked up slightly and I've tried to do some this week. Just walking mostly and have done two body balance classes. The instructor has given me options for some of the moves as I'm pregnant and I have enjoyed getting moving again. Going to try and keep this up and perhaps get to the swimming pool once next week too. It feels good to be a little less sedentary!!

My 12 week scan is 11 days away...can't wait as to date I still cannot get my head around the fact that there actually anything in there. All I've had is sore boobs, tiredness and a bit of bowel issues! Anyone else feel like this???
    Save 12k in 2014 (my target: £10 000):
    My savings: £4878.54/£7000
    Joint account savings: £2685.57/£3000
    Total:£7564.11/£10 000 (as at 26/10/14)
  • I had another scan yesterday which dated me at 13weeks&4 days so I guess I will have to love you and leave you and head off to the big girls thread!

Wishing you all lots of luck and hoping to see you across on the next thread soon :) x
  • claireandrichard
    claireandrichard Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 January 2015 at 7:53PM
    Please can I join your thread :). I believe I am expecting our 2nd child, already 2 days late, feeling exhausted, had indigestion every evening for the last week and yesterday and today feeling really hormonal, crying at the slightest thing but then getting really annoyed as well.
    Last time round (5 years ago, got a boy aged 4) i felt different, fine up till about 8 weeks and then tired to week 16. I know each pregnancy is different, really hope that all is ok
  • GaLa15
    GaLa15 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Hi all - for those that are struggling with nausea and sickness - apparently it is to do with a lack of B6 which can be found in salmon, spinach, bananas and pumpkin seeds...which if you can stomach might help? Ginger didn't work for me and I have had horrendous nausea and vomiting. Also full sugar ribena! just thought thought I'd share in case it might help someone. x
    LBM April 2014: Every Single Penny Counts

Overdraft: £[STRIKE]1000[/STRIKE] £580
    School Fees: £5500
    Barclaycard: £6709.05
    Halifax: £5280.56
  • Eeek it's real! Saw our wee kidney bean! 17mm long and dating 8w2, although I had 7w6 by my ovulation date. Only a few days out so all goods. It has a nice strong heartbeat which looked like a flickering candle flame. My OH was mesmerised, his face was a picture :D. What a relief, the sonograher said I must just be lucky to have no negative symptoms as everything looks fine :D

Our appointment was delayed by 15mins and I was fit to burst, it was bordering on painful! So much so I got told to go to toilet s few minutes into the scan as my bladder was too full! I had followed the instructions and drank a pint 1hr before, but the lady said if you have minimal abdominal fat then you really don't need a full bladder. Good to know for next time, rather than worrying I'd burst!!

Got 4 good pics, although there really isn't a lot to see, I still think it was worth it for the reassurance.
  • pm04gn
    A fresh start - hooray that the scan went well. I know what you mean about the bladder, I was fit to burst by the end of my scan plus half of the area of each scan picture is pretty much taken with my bladder. Mind you that's the so ographers fault for not centralising the uterus. Can't complain for £36!
    Care to share a photo with us?

Welcome to claireandrichard - hopefully your stay here is uneventful.

Lisajane not long to wait now.
  • a_fresh_start
    a_fresh_start Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 January 2015 at 9:36AM
    I'll try and figure out how to, hopefully it's simple!

Whilst we saw a flickering heartbeat and the tech pointed it out, I'm now disappointed that we didn't hear it, after my friend asked if I had. Did anyone else get to hear it or were told how fast it was beating? Perhaps that's not the done thing at 8weeks....

Haven't done much but sleep this weekend- NOT looking forward to the busy week I have ahead- to much deadlines and travel. The old me would have relished it, now I just want to curl up in my pjs.

Hoping to avoid telling work for as long as possible, as despite working in a team of 6 guys, my boss is such a gossip and I can't trust him!
  • pm04gn
    I'll try and figure out how to, hopefully it's simple!

Whilst we saw a flickering heartbeat and the tech pointed it out, I'm now disappointed that we didn't hear it. Did anyone else get to hear it or were told how fast it was beating? Perhaps that's not the done thing at 8weeks....

Haven't done much but sleep this weekend- NOT looking forward to the busy week I have ahead- to much deadlines and travel. The old me would have relished it, now I just want to curl up in my pjs.

Hoping to avoid telling work for as long as possible, as despite working in a team of 6 guys, my boss is such a gossip and I eiukdbt trust him!

It's something to do with the detection of sound requiring increased heat and this is thought to be dangerous for such a small bean.
  • Thanks PM, would much rather just see it instead of hurting the wee bean! Maybe my friend thought I was further along than I am
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback