IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Inbox Pounds
Closed Thread
Views: 2,257
# 1
mrsyardbroom
Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Inbox Pounds

Does anyone on here do Inbox Pounds? I joined recently but I'm finding it quite hard to earn much. They pay 1p for every two searches and you can get paid for watching watch videos. They also send out paid emails.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsyardbroom For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
MollyDolly
Old 01-10-2012, 1:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I have just cashed out with them for the first time. It took a while for things to kick in really - but I kept at it and seem to be reaping the benefits now.

I play the vids whilst doing other stuff, I try and do the surveys everyday - though some days there are none at all. About a month or so ago they started sending out emails for surveys which I think is better, as it acts as a reminder if no daily ones were available earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to MollyDolly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
CathWales
Old 01-10-2012, 2:26 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I signed up to Inbox Pounds via the Swagbucks link, but left it. SB is quiet at the mo and so I thought I'd take a look. I've played 4 videos, but none seem to have credited. Do I need to play a certain number of vids before this happens? Edit: Its OK, I looked at my total and it was just slow to credit and not yet updated on my home page total. This could become addictive too!

Last edited by CathWales; 01-10-2012 at 2:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CathWales For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
littlesheepy
Old 01-10-2012, 8:54 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I just click on the paid emails most of the time. Don't mind a slow tick over if i get there eventually
The Following User Says Thank You to littlesheepy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
CathWales
Old 01-10-2012, 9:38 PM

What are the good things to look out on Is and what should I avoid? I don't want to be deluged with Spam (tho have email for the site for thois purpose, texts or want to download something that will harm my laptop.
The Following User Says Thank You to CathWales For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
littlesheepy
Old 01-10-2012, 9:54 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I always click on anything that comes to me inbox that says 'Paid email from Inbox pounds' There's a purple bar across the bottom you click on for the points. You don't have to sign up to anything or view anything particular, other than the page it takes you to after clicking on the email
There's surveys that come through too but haven't done any of those yet as have been concentrating on swagbucks more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesheepy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
MollyDolly
Old 02-10-2012, 11:03 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

The details as regards earnings are easily defined as they are in 's and pence as opposed to points.

It really pays to get referrals as you earn 10% of your referral's 'qualified earnings'.
# 8
mrsyardbroom
Old 02-10-2012, 3:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The searches are paying a few pennies a day. I mostly watch the videos on Swagbucks but I notice Is has the same Crowdflower tasks. I haven't managed a survey on the site yet.
# 9
laidbackgjr
Old 02-10-2012, 3:37 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Video's on inbox pounds pay 1p per view, where as Swagbucks they are 1pt which if redeemed at 849pts for a 5 Amazon voucher are worth 0.58p per video.

So inbox pounds video's pay almost twice as much as Swagbucks for the same activity.

Some of the inbox pounds surveys are great value, a recent automotive one paid 1.25 for an 8 minute survey.
The Following User Says Thank You to laidbackgjr For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Kantankrus Mare
Old 09-10-2012, 5:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kantankrus Mare

I signed up to this site the other day and found it a little confusing compared to swagbucks but will persevere.

Up to 1.58 woo hoo
Mare

2014 online earnings:208 amazon / Inbox pounds 40.00 cheque Clixsense $200.92 Marks and Spencer Vouchers: 25
Closed Thread