'My Offers ' has disappeared from My Sky

Comments

• teddysmum wrote: »
    I thought I'd seen a section on, My Sky, entitled My Offers, but can't find one, now.

Could someone indicate where within the My Sky section any offers appear, please, as I want to keep track, having done the usual cancellation?

If you want to rejoin Sky then just phone them and say you got an offer online for 60% off and a £75 credit. If they dispute it, just say your friend got it the other day so you decided to return too. There's no way they'll decline a sale in the next 2 days. (sky's end of Q1 is Thursday officially, although that will usually extend to Sunday for "winback")
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,489
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ....Now in day 4 of notice period after cancelling, nothing anywhere on offers on the website -all the links lead to the phone number 08442411818!! ( can't afford to sit on hold to such an expensive number)
    Nothing yet on the app. either -only place where I have an offer is 60% for 12 months via the box itself.
    Might try early tomorrow am to see whether I can get 60% plus credit.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,466
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    After my offer of 50% off for 10 months, at the time of cancellation, followed by £2 for Original if I pay full price on phone etc. , I had an email offering 50% off for 12 months, followed by one offering 60% off before tomorrow. Next came a letter making the 60% offer open until Monday, which happens to be the day I intend calling about phone etc..

No matter what the deal, I won't be taking tv,if a good phone/bb package isn't offered, as this is my priority.

There's nothing on My Sky, with the' left within 12 months' link saying ineligible and asking me to call them.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,978
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    edited 29 September 2016 at 4:26PM
    I'm almost 2 weeks into my 30 day cancellation and have not had any offers at all yet , the best I was offered when I gave notice was 20% off.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 591
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I phoned to cancel earlier this week, 30 days before my current offer finished. Usually I have to spend 30 mins or so being asked which channels I watch, which I could do without etc. Then after speaking to a supervisor they come back with an offer of 20-25% off and I cave in wanting to get off the phone.
    However, this week when I said it too expensive the operative then cancelled my account there and then, saying it would be cut off in 30 days time.
    I went online to look for My Offers and got the message others have had about being unable to show any offers and to phone them.
    Then I used the Interactive button on the tv remote, looked at my account and there was a 60% discount offer. All I had to do was enter my pin number to accept, which I did. After a few hours I got a confirmation e mail, well pleased!
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    mjmal51 wrote: »
    I phoned to cancel earlier this week, 30 days before my current offer finished. Usually I have to spend 30 mins or so being asked which channels I watch, which I could do without etc. Then after speaking to a supervisor they come back with an offer of 20-25% off and I cave in wanting to get off the phone.
    However, this week when I said it too expensive the operative then cancelled my account there and then, saying it would be cut off in 30 days time.
    I went online to look for My Offers and got the message others have had about being unable to show any offers and to phone them.
    Then I used the Interactive button on the tv remote, looked at my account and there was a 60% discount offer. All I had to do was enter my pin number to accept, which I did. After a few hours I got a confirmation e mail, well pleased!

Yay, I just checked my offers on my interactive service and had this offer as well. I phoned Sky to check that my total bundle with all the sports etc will now be £32 per month for a year and they have confirmed that. They also advised me to phone in mid August next year to renegotiate!

I'm pleased with that, it will have saved any issues about changing suppliers and I have a year now without having to worry about always trying to renegotiate a new offer.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    Yay, I just checked my offers on my interactive service and had this offer as well. I phoned Sky to check that my total bundle with all the sports etc will now be £32 per month for a year and they have confirmed that. They also advised me to phone in mid August next year to renegotiate!

I'm pleased with that, it will have saved any issues about changing suppliers and I have a year now without having to worry about always trying to renegotiate a new offer.

Did you get the 60% discount on the HD pack as well??
    Last year they wouldn't budge on that -altho' I got a bill credit which "sweetened" the deal:rotfl:
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Last year they wouldn't budge on that -altho' I got a bill credit which "sweetened" the deal:rotfl:

That's what I phoned up to check as the blurb on screen wasn't clear- they confirmed though that my new monthly total will be £32 and I will keep all my existing package, including HD. I haven't had any email confirmation though to double check that.
  • mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 591
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 September 2016 at 3:53PM
    brewerdave wrote: »
    The 60% discount did include all the usual HD channels, but my package has the Sports HD included which is £6 and that is not discounted. This was made clear on the Interactive screen before I agreed to the offer.
    The full price of my package is £74 so discounted to £29.60 + £6 sports HD = £35.60.

If I had received the full £60 discount on £80 it would have been £32 as per the other poster.
  • Just been reading through this interesting thread! I cancelled last week after a discount ended and my package went back up to £80. I have checked online & Interactive and have the 60% offer.

My package is "Sky Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD" which has gone up to £80 per month. I just wanted to check if the discount is off everything except HD as I find the terms text a little confusing?

60% was the first offer I received, I assume it doesn't get any better than this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure