Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    A few people have posted recently about waiting for someone to call and feeling sad and upset when they don't.

Speaking as someone who takes ages getting round to calling people back (and rarely calling unprompted) I can possibly assure you (or not :o) that there is likely no intent, malice or lack of interest. Life is very busy and many of us struggle to keep up - stopping to chat does not come naturally or comfortably to some (me included). It doesn't mean we are not interested or don't care, just some people place more importance on who calls who and how regularly. I can go months without catching up and it doesn't mean they mean any less to me, though I appreciate that may not be how it feels :o.

Anon

I am one of these. I know my MIAs are very busy people but mine literally drop off the planet. Just the occasional "hi mum, busy, talk to you on Sunday" would be appreciated or even to be tagged onto the odd cat video via FB so I at least know they are still alive.

I have always been a huge advocate of keeping the lines of communication open and its always been me writing the letters, messaging with photos of our cats, tagging onto funny vids etc - done this for years since the great exodus started.

It is very one sided. The youngest now I finally realise could not care less, we don't exist anymore, he has moved on and he has disassociated himself. As soon as he moved up north that was it for him but I clung on too long doing what I thought was right. Def from early 2015 he is no longer interested in us or homelife. The line is now drawn.

We finally had a long chat with eldest son last night. He didn't realise we had been home a week - before we go away I always send them an email with our dates and places but I know none of them read my emails. We are seeing him in December - its on the calendar - more and more though it seems like if he rings us its out of duty.

Eldest child is lovely though and we get very long indepth conversations with her often several times a week unless things get really frantic at work. So one of three is not too bad.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Morning all.

SSM the bottles of port are on offer £8 from £10 in S and are included in the d up.
    I managed to get 2 for pressies but noticed yesterday that the shelf was bare.

Off for a brew and a catch up.

Thanks for this, DS2 likes port!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Well I'm off to the fair.....a bit like "off to the ball" but with hat, gloves and puffa jacket:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • emerald21 wrote: »
    Mmmm I was just examining a small bar of Cadburys chocolate at 6 o clock this morning as you do and it was that thin it's a wonder it didn't snap lol.

Good Morning all off to Broughton near Chester this afternoon to use 2 cinema tickets before they run out :)

Well Susie a little bit of what you fancy does you good....;).. Enjoy your film...Will there be popcorn too:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone.

Cold and frosty out this morning.

Tweets glad your mum is home, and hope she not running you round like a headless chicken.

Nanny glad you had a good few days away.
  • Mhoc I think it's definitely a boy/girl thing. I just think girls are more thoughtful, apart from tweets son who sounds like an angel. Look at it another way at least they are supporting themselves they could be constantly in touch wanting money etc
    Have you decided if you can make the meet up on Friday?
    Anyone else local enough to join us?
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm another tin person:rotfl:

Seeds, batteries, buttons, birthday candles (????), little light bulbs, passports and birth certificates (in case of fire:eek:), curtain hooks......I've got no curtains:rotfl: etc etc etc

I must admit to being swayed by the tin rather than the contents:o

Going to M&S today after the village Christmas fair where I will be relieved of approximately £10 in return for a bottle of ginger wine, a second hand Christmas scene jigsaw and some random winning gifts from various raffles which will languish in the cupboard for a couple of years until I realise that I'll never use them.:rotfl:

thanks for this, this is reminded me what I should be doing this morning a Christmas fayre :rotfl: - better go and get dressed :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Good morning, and what a lovely crisp morning it is.

I have put out a load of bedding which is very likely to dry, along with some towels which will at least freshen up.
    Lealea1985 wrote: »
    Hi good morning sorry for jumping on this post but it was the first one in the list.... could somebody please tell me how to write my own? Many thanks

Go to the board/sub board you want to post on, and then there is a line above it saying "threads in forum", to the right of that line there is "forum tools", click on that for the drop down menu that includes "post a new thread", that is what you need.

In the meantime, why not hang around and join in? You would be most welcome.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Mhoc I think it's definitely a boy/girl thing. I just think girls are more thoughtful, apart from tweets son who sounds like an angel. Look at it another way at least they are supporting themselves they could be constantly in touch wanting money etc
    Have you decided if you can make the meet up on Friday?
    Anyone else local enough to join us?

You are right there. Our daughter is an angel, when she was nearby she would run me/us anywhere we wanted at the drop of a hat, would help in any way she could. Our son might have if he felt like it, but would certainly charge petrol money!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • buyitall
    buyitall Posts: 3,597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oh isn't that lovely:)

Have you seen the Sains one yet buyitall.......I nearly fell asleep watching it. So long with an irritating song:o

Yes I have. Have also heard some heated debates about the hypocrisy of promoting family time when their workers have to work nearly every day over Christmas:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure