Monument Credit Card

Comments

• HAVEFAITH
    HAVEFAITH Posts: 557
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Welsh_Adey wrote: »
    Thought I would give you all an update. I put a claim in for £320 plus £36.05 intereset. They offored me £44 in part settlement, bascially the differen from the old chard to the new £12 pound one. Most my charges came in 2006 after the FSO said £12 is more fair. Today I have sent them a letter that i am not happy with the £44, but am will to take the £320 (i.e. no intreset) if they pay me wihtin 2 weeks. If not i will take them to court.

I have seen a lot of people talkng about a number for the legal team, can someone post it here.

Also have any of you tried to claim back you Paymen Break Plan cover?

Hi,

Have you got any contact names or numbers at monument please? I am still awaiting a DSAR reply ...
    "onwards & upwards"
  • Hi, Been having a read of the over posts.
    I am in the process of claiming from monument.

Not sure I am doing it right tho. My charges are as follows:

£369.17 (Total spent on card)
    £606.96 (Paid on account by myself)

Charges:
    £119.91 Payment Break Plan ??? (out of work, unable to claim on)
    £168.00 Late Payment Fee
    £420.00 Overlimit Fee
    £315.81 Merchandise Interest
    £1.65 Cash Interest.

I know I can only claim for late payment fee and overlimit fee, and I have calculated these with interest to £638.66 I have sent the paperwork to Monument, they replied with : Bla Bla offer £204.00 and a new bill of £805.22 with Payment break plan on again.

I am obviously wanting to refuse the £204.00 and preparing a letter, but does anyone know where I stand on this payment break plan, I have requested this to cover me being out of work and they inform me that that is not the case as I am in arrears. I have also requested that they stop charging this but was also told no. Why am I being charged this???

Any advice on this would be really helpfull

• CARLXXXH
    CARLXXXH Posts: 13 Forumite
    poisonivy wrote: »
    Hi, Been having a read of the over posts.
    I am in the process of claiming from monument.

Not sure I am doing it right tho. My charges are as follows:

£369.17 (Total spent on card)
    £606.96 (Paid on account by myself)

Charges:
    £119.91 Payment Break Plan ??? (out of work, unable to claim on)
    £168.00 Late Payment Fee
    £420.00 Overlimit Fee
    £315.81 Merchandise Interest
    £1.65 Cash Interest.

I know I can only claim for late payment fee and overlimit fee, and I have calculated these with interest to £638.66 I have sent the paperwork to Monument, they replied with : Bla Bla offer £204.00 and a new bill of £805.22 with Payment break plan on again.

I am obviously wanting to refuse the £204.00 and preparing a letter, but does anyone know where I stand on this payment break plan, I have requested this to cover me being out of work and they inform me that that is not the case as I am in arrears. I have also requested that they stop charging this but was also told no. Why am I being charged this???

Any advice on this would be really helpfull

Hello Poisonivy

Make sure you hang in there.

Monument use a lot of stalling tactics, but you should get a full payout!.

They paid my claim of £950.00 in full last month, although I had to issue legal procedings against them.

Good Luck

Carl
  • HAVEFAITH wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you got any contact names or numbers at monument please? I am still awaiting a DSAR reply ...

Hi there,

I have sent all mails to
    Monument
    Portland Building
    25 The High Street
    Crawly
    West Sussex
    Rh10 1BG

From their replies, there is a number 01293 802473. Different people have been signing the letters.
    The 1st letter regarding getting my charges via the Data Protection act was signed by Penny Stringer
    The 2nd letter, where they offored me £44.00 (i put a calim in for around 400) was signed by Carole O'Neil.

Regarding getting charges and PPI or as Monument call it Payment Break Plan have all gone to the same address. the 25 The High Street one.

I will need to take monument to court or go via the ombudsman for my credit cards charges, but I have been offered 157.70 for my Payment Break Plan, becasue they said i accepted it via the phone on a certin date, but when i asked them for a copy of this call they could not find it, so offered me 157.70. Need to work out if this is the full amount, if not will need to decide

So what to do...
    Hope this helps anyone!
  • Welsh_Adey wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have sent all mails to
    Monument
    Portland Building
    25 The High Street
    Crawly
    West Sussex
    Rh10 1BG

From their replies, there is a number 01293 802473. Different people have been signing the letters.
    The 1st letter regarding getting my charges via the Data Protection act was signed by Penny Stringer
    The 2nd letter, where they offored me £44.00 (i put a calim in for around 400) was signed by Carole O'Neil.

Regarding getting charges and PPI or as Monument call it Payment Break Plan have all gone to the same address. the 25 The High Street one.

I will need to take monument to court or go via the ombudsman for my credit cards charges, but I have been offered 157.70 for my Payment Break Plan, becasue they said i accepted it via the phone on a certin date, but when i asked them for a copy of this call they could not find it, so offered me 157.70. Need to work out if this is the full amount, if not will need to decide

So what to do...
    Hope this helps anyone!

hi there

I am planning on claiming from monument, sounds like a right pain!! Was just wondering if someone could help me...i plan on claiming back the usual charges AND the payment break plan if possible as I paid for it, went into hospital for an op only to be told it was not valid!! Do you have to specify you want to claim for this in the letter?

Thanks
  • Also after the takeover, who should the £10 cheque be made payable to?

Thanks
  • Just a quick update, as I have been sucsessful in claiming £500 from Monument which has been credited to the card account. However the account is still £400 in the red which I intend to pay off and close within the next few months.
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hiya fantastic success, the amount you got im curious did you get the full overlimit and failed payments charges plus interest or only perhaps the charges of over the 12.00 and no interest or did you just get the full charges of 20.00 and the 12.00 but without any interest. was this without going to court or at least did you threaten court action

pls update my amount i dont think as high as you but will have a few of the above 12.00 charges and a few of the 12.00 charges,

should i just go for the full amounts plus interest in the first instance and then negoitiate will accept full amounts but without the interest, id rather the funds go directly to the credit card to decrease the amount.

would appreciate your help

have a fun day and ciao MAZ
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • Just an update , on sunday I realised that I'd forgotton to include the £10 , due to the fact I was sending a stage 2 letter to citi at the same time as stage one to monument , anyway yesterday the kind people send me my statements and waived the £10 fee. :beer:
    I wonder if they will be so generous with my next letter.:rotfl:
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
  • another update , they offered and we have accepted £152 , not everything we asked for but reasonable enough for us. ..:beer:

.still waiting from reply from citi cards
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport