JustCloud.com Online Storage / Backup

Just had an unpleasant experience with JustCloud.com & their online backup service. I signed up last year and paid £35ish for 12 months unlimited cloud storage. It’s come round to renewal time and they have auto-renewed (I didn’t agree to this and they didn’t tell me they would) but this year they have charged me £143.14. I also haven’t received any emails saying renewal time was approaching nor any notification of what the renewal price would be. This charge was to a credit card and as I don’t use this card hardly at all and this was the only charge onto it in September I’ve had a late fee of £12 applied as well!

I’ve rung them today as their website at justcloud-cc.com says that if they are making unauthorised charges they will refund them so they are obviously having many complaints to warrant this on their website.

The first amazing thing was their contact centre operative tried to haggle over how much they were going to refund! “What about £70”….”no, ok, what about £100 today only…?” I was amazed that they were trying to haggle on the refund amount of a charge they weren’t authorised to take in the first place! At my third attempt they finally agreed to refund the full amount and cancel the account.

When I asked for a supervisor to raise the refund of the late fee to my credit card they tried to tell me that there were none working which I don’t believe then they told me they don’t have a complaint phone number or email address!

Has anyone had a similar experience with JustCloud and what can I do to get a refund of the late charge to my credit card. I have a statement that shows theirs is the only charge onto the card that month.

Can anyone help??

Comments

• vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    They do tell you they will auto-renew if you read their T&Cs. The renewals section is about halfway down http://www.justcloud.com/terms

"(d) Renewals. You agree that JC shall have the right to automatically and without notice renew your license to continue to Use the JC Products or Services upon expiration of your then-current license, and that as part of such renewal JC shall have the right to charge the applicable renewal fees and any applicable taxes, which may be different than those you paid when you initially purchased or last renewed your license for JC Products or Services to any credit card you used to purchase your then-current license. You agree that if you elect to not permit JC the right to automatically renew your license to Use JC Products or Services or your credit card information on file with JC does not permit automatic renewal, then JC may terminate your license if you do not otherwise renew your license. "

However it seems wholly unfair that they can simply change the fee to whatever they want and good on you for persisting to get a full refund.

As for the late payment fee, I would personally say this is your responsibility. You should have a DD set up for the minimum amount to be taken from the card, or check your statements when they come in.
  • I clear the balance on this card every month and thinking that this card hasn't been used I didn't think that there would be anything to pay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure