Lionbridge exam?

Hi does anyone have any advice on passing the exam for web assessors plz?
I have 5 friends & only 2 have passed, is it that difficult?

Comments

• jpgames
    jpgames Posts: 67 Forumite
    first piece of advice would be not to rush it!

take plenty, plenty of time!
  • LindsayO
    LindsayO Posts: 398 Forumite
    You will get the materials in an email, as soon as you get them download them and read them through. You will have about a week to complete both parts of the exam. If you pass the first part they will tell you straight away, but the second part takes a long time. So get working on the materials right awy, because you want to leave enough time to study them so that you pass Part 1, and hav enough time to work through Part 2.

On Part 1 I read through the Guidelines three times, and then for each question I searched through them until I was sure of the right answer, Don't just guess without checking the guidelines, because sometimes the answer that you might expect isn't the one in the guidelines.

On the second part you can save your answers and come back to them later. You have to complete 270 ratings. What I did was to do the first 50, saving them rather than submitting them, to give me a feel for it. Then I went back over them and submitted the ones I was confident about. Then I worked through all the others, submitting the ones I felt confident about and saving the ones I wasn't sure on. Then I wnet over those ones again more carefully.

Hope this helps, good luck on the exam
    LindsayO
    Goal: mortgage free asap
    15/10/2007: Mortgage: £110k Term: 17 years
    18/08/2008: Mortgage: £107k Mortgage - Offset savings: £105k
    02/01/2009: Mortgage: £105k Mortgage - Offset savings: £99k

• skinflint1
    skinflint1 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Thanks for you replies. Is one of the exams written? Also do you mean you have a week once you start the exam or a week from when you get the email? If so is best to wait until you have the time to study and comlpete or can you study up 1st and the start the exam? Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure