Does.anyone use these "cash back" websites and actually got any cash back?

Got a quidco account and bought
Car Insurance
House Insurance
Opened a new catalogue account and bought my mobile
Total cash back offered around £110
Total cashback received Zippo Nadda
Messaged quidco and basically told tough titty

Opened Top Cash back account
Clicked through and bought car insurance
Offered £55 cash back
Checked my TC account and it doesn't even acknowledge I even went to Churchill website
I don't expect any cash back
Disappointed since I actually could have bought the exact same insurance £7 cheaper as direct quote without TC click through
Anyway question is
Does.anyone use these "cash back" websites and actually got any cash back?
When will the "Edit" and "Quote" button get fixed on the mobile web interface?

Comments

• buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Never had an issue with Quidco. Needless to say after any purchase via Quidco I check the tracking. Had any purchase failed to track I'd have stopped using quidco.

Actual payment of tracked items does come very much later, patience required!
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I get about £300/yr via topcashback, never had to chase any payments

When i click thru from the tcb site, i get a popup saying my visit has been recorded. If i dont see this i go back and try again. If using my desktop i have to clear cookies for it to register, on ipad i have no problems. Infact on ipad i can be at checkout stage, when i suddenly remember i didnt go thru tcb. Open tcb in a new tab, click thru to site, get tracked popup, and complete transaction. Cashback still tracks fine
  • I use Quidco and everything has tracked so far.

Reasons it may not track is if you have cookies disabled or if you also use a comparison site, which creates an account with the insurer and they receive the cashback (aka commission) instead of Quidco
  • I've had about £1200 back from Quidco over the years.. car insurance, holidays, furniture, loads of things. Occasionally you get a firm that mess you about, but i've found patience and a bit of prodding gets you there.

I've waited for over a year for some claims

Clear your cookies before use, read the cashback criteria and you should be ok
  • freccle
    freccle Posts: 770 Forumite
    Takes a while sometimes to get the cashback but currently stands at £3,247.70 over about 5 years. I don't buy anything without first checking if they're on Quidco.
    There will always be:
    A “LIE” in BELIEVE, an “OVER” in LOVER, an “END” in FRIEND, an “US” in TRUST , and an “IF” in LIFE ;)

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,611 Forumite
    Yes like other I use then and have had many hundreds in cash back.
    The majority of the time it works but I'm quite careful with the technicalities e.g. cookies.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Have always got my cashback from Quidco very promptly, so no complaints from me. Before Quidco I used R-Points & always got cash back from them with no probs too.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Word of warning though, I have a work cashback scheme similar to Quidco too.
    Recently I was about to get my usual 20% cashback on travel insurance. Thought the price a tad high via the work cashback club so went to Gocompare or somewhere. One third of the price! So some cashback sites may lead you to expensive options.

Tip: Use one browser e.g. Firefox, maybe with cleared cookies for Quidco etc.
    Use a different browser e.g. Chrome if you need to double check via Moneysupermarket, Gocompare etc the price you are seeing.
    Complete the deal on the browser where you get the best price after cashback. Each browser should not 'see' the other's cookies.
  • I use Quidco, and earnt nearly £1000 in cash back!

I have found that sometimes with insurance the quotes are cheaper if you go direct to the websites rather than clicking through, you just need to check!

I think that sometimes the tracking on Quidco can take a few days to show your 'activity', but it is worthwhile!

It you are buying something anyway, you may as well get cash back!
    :j
  • dillipop27
    dillipop27 Posts: 51 Forumite
    I have had over £1000 since joining Topcashback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure