HYC/Help Your Claim - dodgy sounding cold callers 0161 8505451

Options

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 June 2016 at 11:50AM
    Options
    I would suggest, Jen 65, you send the following e-mail to [EMAIL="cs@helpyourclaim.com"]cs@helpyourclaim.com[/EMAIL], with a copy to [EMAIL="consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk"]consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Further the UNSOLICITED CALL by somebody from your company claiming to be called Anwar, my subsequent conversation with somebody calling himself (text removed by MSE Forum Team), I wish to make it clear that I am NOT satisfied with the response to my complaint.

I demand:

1. That you and your company cease ALL telephone and e-mail communication with me with immediate effect.
    2. That you personally write to me by Royal Mail at (address) and explain tio me why you have deliberately ignored my previous request to cease telephoning me.
    3. Why your staff are instructed to ask how I dare interrupt their flow in a call which they are unlawfully made.
    4. What intend to do to ensure there is never a repetiion of this incident.
    5. What recompense you intend to make to me for the distress and inconvenience you have caused me.
    May address is [address]. I look forward to receiving your letter.

A copy of this e-mail has been sent to your regulator and, should your response not be to my satisfaction or not received within eight weeks I shall refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman.

Please note that any communication from you other than the letter I demand shall be taken as an unsatisfactory response.
  • Kaye1971
    Options
    Because most people have PPI on various products and still don't know it, think people forget that without companies out there like this to kick your !!!!!!, you would never have got your money back, the public, say I can do it for free, then ok, yes you can, but why are you still sitting on years old paperwork that you never have any intention of sending back to get your money back! Cold calling is part of how we built business years ago with the good old yellow pages, now you have somewhere to vent! Wont make any difference he is still work a good old million...!!
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another semi literate rant from another ambulance chaser methinks.
  • Emlin1401
    Options
    Hello,

Im the idiot that completed the forms. when they rang hounding me for them and I heard all the background noise (resembling as some people have said 'partying' and 'cheering') I advised that I had sent the forms back but would like them disregarded based on what I could hear. They hung up.

Lloyds TSB contacted me 2 weeks ago going through some outstanding PPI complaints on my account and subsequently paid me a lump sum. They have obviously advised HYC of this and now they are demanding a 30% cut of it. Ringing me constantly and being incredibly abusive and patronising. When I originally spoke to them they said that any fees would be removed before I got anything. I'm reluctant to give them my card details as they could take any amount they liked then but they've said that's the only way.

What can I do? At the moment I'm just ignoring their calls. Help!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Emlin1401 wrote: »
    Hello,

Im the idiot that completed the forms. when they rang hounding me for them and I heard all the background noise (resembling as some people have said 'partying' and 'cheering') I advised that I had sent the forms back but would like them disregarded based on what I could hear. They hung up.

Lloyds TSB contacted me 2 weeks ago going through some outstanding PPI complaints on my account and subsequently paid me a lump sum. They have obviously advised HYC of this and now they are demanding a 30% cut of it. Ringing me constantly and being incredibly abusive and patronising. When I originally spoke to them they said that any fees would be removed before I got anything. I'm reluctant to give them my card details as they could take any amount they liked then but they've said that's the only way.

If you signed their forms to say they could act on your behalf and didn't get a cancellation in writing unfortunately you will have to pay
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Emlin1401 wrote: »
    If you don't pay them they will take you to court. They cannot remove the fees before you receive the redress as the Bank pays it to you, not them. They would not therefore tell you any different.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    You don't say when you sent the forms back and when you rang and told them to stop. That could be an opening to making a complaint to them - as could a complaint of pressurised selling.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You don't say when you sent the forms back and when you rang and told them to stop. That could be an opening to making a complaint to them - as could a complaint of pressurised selling.
    The problem with such a complaint would be that there is unlikely to be any record of such a 'phone call. Different if the OP had written to cancel...
  • Roseandste
    Options
    Hi can anybody help my partner had a phone call about PPI from hyc so to begin with he went along with it they told him they would put him through to his bank whilst they were still on the phone to him but as soon as my partner got through to his bank he told them hyc were on the phone and they were listening to the conversation between my partner and the bank as soon as he told the bank that hyc hung up the phone so my partner decided to carry out the PPI claim but through his bank this was at least 8/9month ago now but were getting harassed by hyc saying he owes them money because they got him the claim which they didn't as we did it directly through the bank and the amount they said we got from the claim is over 3 and a half thousand but the claim we actually got was a lot lot less now I have tried talking to the on the phone to tell them were not falling for it as they didn't do the PPI we did it through the bank but they keep hanging up
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Roseandste wrote: »
    Hi can anybody help my partner had a phone call about PPI from hyc so to begin with he went along with it they told him they would put him through to his bank whilst they were still on the phone to him but as soon as my partner got through to his bank he told them hyc were on the phone and they were listening to the conversation between my partner and the bank as soon as he told the bank that hyc hung up the phone so my partner decided to carry out the PPI claim but through his bank this was at least 8/9month ago now but were getting harassed by hyc saying he owes them money because they got him the claim which they didn't as we did it directly through the bank and the amount they said we got from the claim is over 3 and a half thousand but the claim we actually got was a lot lot less now I have tried talking to the on the phone to tell them were not falling for it as they didn't do the PPI we did it through the bank but they keep hanging up

If you mean they rang up out of the blue and put you through to the bank without you signing any documentation at all such as a letter of authority I can't see how they can make any sort of claim of fees or cut of any refund
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure