Webcrome

Hi all

Has anyone heard of this company or tried it:confused:

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No, but a quick search comes up with this, time and time again

"Earn an extra £2000 without leaving your house! Get paid sending emails/letters."

One to avoid if you ask me!
  • spanglish
    spanglish Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The following is taken from http://www.homeworkinguk.com/scam.htm and relates to Webcrome. They had to remove the company name because Webcrome earn enough from this scam to threaten legal action to anyone publishing any bad publicity about them:

I came across an advert in the Loot paper, advertising for homeworkers. This advert seemed very genuine, and stated that they pay a rate of £1.60 per every envelope stuffed plus £5.00 commission on every order. This i thought seemed very ideal for me as i was in desperate need for an extra income. However now i feel so stupid and nieve, to not for one minute think that this was a scam. After sending off a S.A.E to the company i got a letter back (the next day to my surprise). The letter seemed so believeable, stating that i could earn up to £200- £500 per week. This was more money than i earned in a month, and i was in so much debt that i thought this was a great oppurtunity! They asked for a registration fee of £50 plus £4.99 post and packing. This i thought was rather a lot for a reg fee, but i was so desperate to make all that money that i just did it. Anyway they said i would get my deposit back after i sent my first 50 envelopes out (i still feel sick to my stomach when thinking about how much they tricked me), and a few days ago i received an envelope containing a number of adverts and leaflets, of the same advert that i found in the paper. So basically i paid £50 to scam other people. I feel so upset and angry as that was £50 i didn't have to give.
    best wins to date-£500, 48 theme park tickets, Holiday to Italy+£250, Venus makeover package, laptops, pro-audio gear, £500 B&Q, £1500 Gucci bag, £1000 Maplin
  • hardtimes
    hardtimes Posts: 345 Forumite
    spanglish wrote: »
    The following is taken from http://www.homeworkinguk.com/scam.htm and relates to Webcrome. They had to remove the company name because Webcrome earn enough from this scam to threaten legal action to anyone publishing any bad publicity about them:

I came across an advert in the Loot paper, advertising for homeworkers. This advert seemed very genuine, and stated that they pay a rate of £1.60 per every envelope stuffed plus £5.00 commission on every order. This i thought seemed very ideal for me as i was in desperate need for an extra income. However now i feel so stupid and nieve, to not for one minute think that this was a scam. After sending off a S.A.E to the company i got a letter back (the next day to my surprise). The letter seemed so believeable, stating that i could earn up to £200- £500 per week. This was more money than i earned in a month, and i was in so much debt that i thought this was a great oppurtunity! They asked for a registration fee of £50 plus £4.99 post and packing. This i thought was rather a lot for a reg fee, but i was so desperate to make all that money that i just did it. Anyway they said i would get my deposit back after i sent my first 50 envelopes out (i still feel sick to my stomach when thinking about how much they tricked me), and a few days ago i received an envelope containing a number of adverts and leaflets, of the same advert that i found in the paper. So basically i paid £50 to scam other people. I feel so
    upset and angry as that was £50 i didn't have to give.

Thanks for the warning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport