Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • therivierakid
    • By therivierakid 12th May 14, 8:33 AM
    • 317Posts
    • 66Thanks
    therivierakid
    Amazon Logistics (rant)
    • 12th May 14, 8:33 AM
    Amazon Logistics (rant) 12th May 14 at 8:33 AM

Ordered a couple of items separately from Amazon recently. Had an email on Friday saying that they would be delivered by Amazon Logistics that day. I checked my account mid afternoon and the order status for both items read "Delivered". Only they hadn't been delivered! Not to me anyway. The time of delivery was 13:57, at which time I was in and would have heard any knocking/doorbell. I have checked all around the outside of the house to see if they have been dumped somewhere - no sign. So WTF has happened to my stuff... are we looking at theft or incompetence here???

*removed by forumteam - please do not advertise in signatures*
Page 20
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 5th Dec 17, 6:46 PM
    • 1,853 Posts
    • 3,837 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Hi John,

Can you copy out exactly what your order tracking says? Who is the courier?
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 5th Dec 17, 7:02 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    Amazon
    Amazon Logistics mate. But it was a city link driver that couldnít find the parcel.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 5th Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 1,853 Posts
    • 3,837 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Amazon Logistics mate. But it was a city link driver that couldnít find the parcel.
    Originally posted by John_Sinclair
    City Link no longer exist. It may be someone using one of their old vans.

You'll need to answer the full question for us to help.
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 5th Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    Amazon
    From Amazon Shipping at Friday, 1 December.
    Delay in delivery due to external factors

We're sorry your package is late
    We are working to get your package back on track, and we'll let you know as soon as we get delivery information from Amazon Shipping.
    Please come back on tomorrow if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
    Was expected Friday, 1 December
    See more details
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 5th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    Well he was wearing city link clothes so maybe he used to work for them lol
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 5th Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 20,290 Posts
    • 12,532 Thanks
    dacouch
    The only time amazon dont use amazon logistics now for next day is when its a 3rd party seller shipping themselves offering next day or if its by 1pm in which case they may use royal mail special delivery.

I never mentioned scan uk at all, I only mentioned ocuk and amazon uk, yet you decided to post scan uk and now trying to claim there was no special reason for it.
    Originally posted by Chrysalis
    Amazon frequently use Hermes in Central London for Prime deliveries

They tend to use them as overflow and / or to deliver to addresses where there is only one (Amazon) parcel being delivered to free up their own drivers for the bulk drops.
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 6th Dec 17, 9:21 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    From Amazon Shipping at Friday, 1 December;
    Delay in delivery due to external factors

And the inevitable happened.
    Update
    Packages are rarely this late and we're sorry yours still hasn't arrived
    You can wait another couple days or check out these options.
    GET A REPLACEMENT OR REFUND
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 6th Dec 17, 9:29 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    How can you lose a 12” sub bass box!!!! I think someone has an early Xmas present.
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 7th Dec 17, 7:48 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    City Link no longer exist. It may be someone using one of their old vans.

You'll need to answer the full question for us to help.
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    Sorry mate. Iím new to all this forum stuff. I was told to contact them Wednesday if it wasnt delivered. I called them up and they was very apologetic. They tried to locate it but couldnít give me an answer as to what happend, just a very vague it could of been damaged or lost and would I like a replacement or refund. They gave me a free month of amazon prime. I chose the refund.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 7th Dec 17, 10:14 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 4,024 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    I ordered a car sub on the morning of 30th Nov at and delivery said Friday 1st of December. The morning of Friday I kept an eye out for them and I noticed this grey transit van going up and down the street over and hour I must have seen it 5 times. Eventually he stopped outside the house. so I went down to save him the trouble. It was a city link driver and he said my parcel wasnít here that they probably gave it to the wrong driver ďit happens all the timeĒ he said. So I waited up till 20:00. Then the Amazon app status updates and it said ( sorry your parcel wasnít delivered. but an attempt will be made tomorrow) Delay in delivery due to external factors.
    I called amazon and they said they donít use city link. And they said it will be attempted Saturday if not then Sunday if not then Monday if not then Tuesday if not then get back to us.
    - Iím still waiting now itís Tuesday 18:20.
    I used the next day delivery as I ordered 2 items the other item was delivered next day to my neighbor even tho I didnít ask for this service.
    Itís really not giving me any confidence buying off amazon.
    Originally posted by John_Sinclair
    City Link went bust 3 years ago!
    • John_Sinclair
    • By John_Sinclair 8th Dec 17, 1:52 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    John_Sinclair
    City Link went bust 3 years ago!
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    Apologies, see the same guy again today itís ICD Link. Iím getting dyslexic in my old age.
    • Rosina_rushen
    • By Rosina_rushen 11th Dec 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rosina_rushen
    I'm fed up with Amazon logicists. Every time I order a heavy item like cat litter through prime. I get an email saying it's out for delivery . I stay home all day waiting to get message saying sorry we missed you. I phone them up and say they have not turned up and I was home but never knocked on the door or ring the doorbell. They tell me they get it delivered and it gets delivered. This happens every month. It's because it's heavy and they don't have the correct equipment to carry items. So far Amazon has offered to extend my prime. So far it's been extended by 4 months so far.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 11th Dec 17, 11:12 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 4,024 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    I'm fed up with Amazon logicists. Every time I order a heavy item like cat litter through prime. I get an email saying it's out for delivery . I stay home all day waiting to get message saying sorry we missed you. I phone them up and say they have not turned up and I was home but never knocked on the door or ring the doorbell. They tell me they get it delivered and it gets delivered. This happens every month. It's because it's heavy and they don't have the correct equipment to carry items. So far Amazon has offered to extend my prime. So far it's been extended by 4 months so far.
    Originally posted by Rosina_rushen
    They don't need special equipment to carry a sack of cat litter
    • Nilrem
    • By Nilrem 12th Dec 17, 9:58 AM
    • 2,335 Posts
    • 1,529 Thanks
    Nilrem
    They don't need special equipment to carry a sack of cat litter
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    How big a sack is it?

The local hermes drivers love me, I order bird food online.
    Average order is 50kg, with one at 100kg! (you can get 25kg bags of some bird food cheaper online than 5kg in the stores).
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 12th Dec 17, 10:24 AM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 4,024 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    How big a sack is it?

The local hermes drivers love me, I order bird food online.
    Average order is 50kg, with one at 100kg! (you can get 25kg bags of some bird food cheaper online than 5kg in the stores).
    Originally posted by Nilrem
    Most cat litter is 15kg-20kg max weight so no problem to carry.

If Hermes are delivering that sort of weight to you, it must be via Light & Large as the normal couriers don't take more than 15kg.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 13th Dec 17, 3:21 PM
    • 7,220 Posts
    • 10,139 Thanks
    KxMx
    And yet things do look to be improving. All my Logistics deliveries now show a map, where the van is,and how many deliveries there are before mine.

Not perfect but certainly an improvement and my guess is that it's stage one in a move towards one more two hour delivery slots.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    It is a big improvement however doesn't seem to be available to all.

Announced here days ago:
    https://tamebay.com/2017/12/amazon-logistics-preditive-delivery-tracking.html

Nothing on my order due today (I messed up and ordered to home instead of Local Collect, didn't pick it up until it was sent).

Tried Tablet App but i've the latest version which was updated 3 weeks ago so probably explains that.

Tried desktop & nothing.

Did a Live Chat with Amazon who said "we don't offer this feature" then "Looks like no official word from Amazon" after I offered my evidence.

It'd be handy as i've got to go out in 2 hours and leave safe place (front porch) locked, can't add note to leave behind bins....

Ah well, maybe next time and it is an improvement which is needed.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 14th Dec 17, 7:22 AM
    • 6,417 Posts
    • 19,308 Thanks
    Doc N
    It is a big improvement however doesn't seem to be available to all.

Announced here days ago:
    https://tamebay.com/2017/12/amazon-logistics-preditive-delivery-tracking.html

Nothing on my order due today (I messed up and ordered to home instead of Local Collect, didn't pick it up until it was sent).

Tried Tablet App but i've the latest version which was updated 3 weeks ago so probably explains that.

Tried desktop & nothing.

Did a Live Chat with Amazon who said "we don't offer this feature" then "Looks like no official word from Amazon" after I offered my evidence.

It'd be handy as i've got to go out in 2 hours and leave safe place (front porch) locked, can't add note to leave behind bins....

Ah well, maybe next time and it is an improvement which is needed.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    I had it a few days ago, as reported, along with the feedback questionnaire reported on Tamebay. I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it! I'll check on the next delivery........
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 14th Dec 17, 10:56 AM
    • 7,220 Posts
    • 10,139 Thanks
    KxMx
    Yes I know, perhaps they are trialing in certain areas before full launch. Likely because no official announcement from Amazon yet.

I look forward to it happening for me as I welcome such an improvement.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,041Posts Today

7,529Users online

Martin's Twitter