Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • liggs001
    • By liggs001 6th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    liggs001
    Military spouses pensions
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    Military spouses pensions 6th Dec 17 at 3:57 PM
    In 2016 the Government introduced a new system of national insurance (NI) credits to help spouses and civil partners who joined their partners on overseas postings.
    The move means those who come under the new state pension system can claim credits for the periods they spent outside the UK and cover gaps in their NI contributions, which could help to build up their state pension. The credits can be claimed back to 1975, I am a new user so I cant post the link, so if you go to Gov.uk and National Insurance application for service spouse Class 3 credits,
    Kevin
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    • 17,481 Posts
    • 11,715 Thanks
    molerat
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 4:37 PM
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-insurance-credits-for-partners-of-armed-forces-personnel-overseas-after-6-april-1975
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • liggs001
    • By liggs001 6th Dec 17, 8:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    liggs001
    • 6th Dec 17, 8:27 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 8:27 PM
    Thanks for posting, my wife got back 5 years NI towards her pension
    • clairec79
    • By clairec79 10th Dec 17, 6:55 PM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    clairec79
    • 10th Dec 17, 6:55 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 6:55 PM
    Will have to let my mum know, my dad was stationed there before I was born and for a while after, and then again for a few years in the mid 80s
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

248Posts Today

1,353Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin