No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2017

Comments

• First UU of October to report already :D

John Masters Organics lavender and avocado intensive conditioner WBA. Really like this range and a little goes a long way
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 9/53 UU, 3 IN
  • I'm in but I won't be able to do a PP list until the weekend.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm back in - and a PP list this month! I've not done one for a few months, but I need some focus to get through a few things.

PP:
    - Clinique Clarifying lotion
    - Elemis body oil, plus 2 more body lotions or oils
    - Rituals foaming shower gel
    - Clinique day moisturiser
    - Caudalie serum
    - Smashbox primer
    - Laura Geller B&B foundation
    - Elemis moisturising face mask
    - Batiste mini
    - Carrefour lip balm
    - Unani cleansing milk
    - Alpha-H liquid gold

One UU to start the month:
    - Batiste dry shampoo (full size) - WDBA.

And I washed all my makeup brushes today for a nice fresh clean start to the month :)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    squiggles wrote: »
    I know this is a no buying thread but I don't know where to put this and lots of posters in this board use this product.

Asda has mitchum deod half price £1.50 200ml spray.

It is by no means a no buying thread :D

Thanks for the new thread for the month :)

I have one UU - Murad City Skin Overnight Detox Moisturizer (50g). This is an expensive cream but I have had it since March 25th ( I know this because I had an appointment on the day before buying this) and I only UU'ed it today. So for nearly 6 months, it is not a bad value. However, I'm unsure if it benefits my skin any differently than half price creams.
    I do also use the facial wash from the same series (environmental shield) and I live in a small town and the weather is not as polluted as big cities here. Perhaps if I lived in a big city, I'd see the difference better. I probably WNBA.
    ally.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Well I've just completed my BIG summer to winter skincare changeover!

It's literally one product :rotfl:

I've gone from Soltan 8 hour face cream SPF 30 or 50 to Avon Clinical Multi-Shield SPF 50, I'm so high-maintenance! :rotfl:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome MandM90. Welcome back to other familiar faces too.

I'm hoping for no ins this month, I've just had a look through the Avon book and they have a 5 for £5 deal on basics like room spray and bubble bath so I will have a think about whether we actually need any as this offer does come around regularly.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm already loving this challenge. It motivated me to do a little spray tan last night (St Tropez). It gives a nice glow, without going orange. Plus DH likes it. Last night he snuggled up to me and said "Mmmmm. You smell like...biscuits". Just what every girl wants to hear!

Going to see if I can motivate myself to sort my toenails out tonight!
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 16 October 2017 at 8:40AM
    I've made my PP list for this month:

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm 4g
    La Roche Posay Cicaplast Pro Recovery 40ml
    The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream 15ml

I want these gone the most, but I'll be finishing other products this month as well. I just want to concentrate on using these up first :)
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi ladies, can I ask who’s thinking about the beauty advent calendars?! A few go on sale soon (some already have :eek:), and I’m trying to work out if they’re worth it for me or not…

Last year I got the M&S one, which I loved. I've not found a full breakdown of the contents list for this year yet, but I know there are a few things in there I will def use – Liquid gold, Ultrasun lip balm with spf, Formula absolute ultimate sleep cream…

I’m also very tempted by the LookFantastic one though! But that’s a lot more money… I've looked at all the contents though, and assigned a value to me for each of them (rather than the listed value) to try and dissuade myself – but it still comes out as more than the cost of the calendar :D

And I’ve had a look at the Amazon one too! I can’t find a full contents list for it, but I don’t think that one will be worth it for me from what I can see.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    fixx wrote: »
    Hi ladies, can I ask who’s thinking about the beauty advent calendars?! A few go on sale soon (some already have :eek:), and I’m trying to work out if they’re worth it for me or not…

Last year I got the M&S one, which I loved. I've not found a full breakdown of the contents list for this year yet, but I know there are a few things in there I will def use – Liquid gold, Ultrasun lip balm with spf, Formula absolute ultimate sleep cream…

I’m also very tempted by the LookFantastic one though! But that’s a lot more money… I've looked at all the contents though, and assigned a value to me for each of them (rather than the listed value) to try and dissuade myself – but it still comes out as more than the cost of the calendar :D

And I’ve had a look at the Amazon one too! I can’t find a full contents list for it, but I don’t think that one will be worth it for me from what I can see.

I'm tempted by them but I realised I might not use some of the products, so I've decided to treat myself to a Hotel Chocolat advent calendar instead :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure