PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    On :eek:

I always turn it on 1st october (last year managed an extra few weeks) but with being pregnant i thought I cannot be bothered to suffer the cold when I have to suffer everything else.

It's only from 6.30pm - 8pm and only if it get's below 18 Degrees inside the house (which is my normal settling) and what with the new boiler it's still cheaper then 15 minutes on the old system which couldn't even heat the house!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Still off here. Despite a fair amount of rain and storms this weekend, the sun still managed to heat our flat up to 24 degrees! It's definitely cooler outside, and quite nippy in the morning, but lovely and warm inside.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ours is still off. It's only 13c outside and just under 18c inside, but I'm going to put my dressing gown on for warmth in a minute. I went out for a walk this morning after dropping the children off and it was really drizzly. It's forecasting more rain on my barometer :(
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    Off as long as I can!!! Ive a portable calor gas fire for when need a quick blast to warm up a room, but hoping to keep off until mid oct!
    :A :j
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    in fairness to my previous comment about no heating until december, my room has an xbox in it. when that's been going for an hour or so, it heats the room a treat
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    in fairness to my previous comment about no heating until december, my room has an xbox in it. when that's been going for an hour or so, it heats the room a treat

That's a good point, we have noticed that our TV and Dreambox give off quite a bit of heat by themselves too. To the point where we turned everything off a few times during the summer, as the flat was already unbearably hot!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wonder if all these price rises many folks will cut down, then utilities may have a fall in profits due to less usage they put prices up even further. It said in paper today that a large chunk of our money paid on bills goes to wind farms many of which are foreign owned
  • ejbg2001
    Options
    Mine is off atm, but I've started feeling the chill. When it gets cold and with no ch timer, I refuse to put the heating on in the morning, making do with 15 mins on my little fan heater while I wash/dress. Ofc that's when I have to get up at at 4:30am.

On the weeks I get up later, I'll hold off as long as poss, I'm hoping to not put it on till end Oct/beg Nov. Atm OH is warm and I won't put it on till he feels the cold. Before MS, I used to just put it on when I was in the house, not thinking bout cost etc. Now I put my layers on :)
    EJBG2001

I'm not complaining, I'm supporting the process of continuous improvement. :p

Stepping off the property ladder for now, may climb back on later.

• Birdy12
    Birdy12 Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm wearing socks too.

Ha ha, My socks are on of an evening too now!

Heating still off but have noticed getting chilly overnight - am waking up to condensation on the windows.

Am hoping to hold out 'til October time. Will have to keep OH's grubby mitts away from the CH button, he put it on one morning this August as 'he felt a bit chilly'. In August? :eek:
    It's wouldn't have not wouldn't of, shouldn't have not shouldn't of and couldn't have not couldn't of. Geddit?
  • TooDee
    TooDee Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    mine is off and wont go on till November. I bet it will be put on on 3rd November as this is when we get back from Florida. I bet we'll feel the cold then!
    Got the bf a all in one sleep suit from Primark thats made to look like an Elvis suit. He feels the cold before I do but hopefully with this it will mean we can put off putting the heating on a little longer. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback