Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in post

Hi I need a Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in the post to pay a citation u received.

My bank (Lloyds) and the post office both say they do not do either of these in US dollars.

Does anyone know where i can get either in US dollars to send in the post please?

thanks

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    scrattyrat wrote: »
    Hi I need a Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in the post to pay a citation u received.

My bank (Lloyds) and the post office both say they do not do either of these in US dollars.

Does anyone know where i can get either in US dollars to send in the post please?

thanks

Is this in respect of a traffic ticket or something you received while in the US? Does the authority requesting payment realise that you are in the UK and that we don't actually use dollars?
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Is this in respect of a traffic ticket or something you received while in the US? Does the authority requesting payment realise that you are in the UK and that we don't actually use dollars?

They are probably trying to find which state the UK is in seeing as how they think the world outside US doesn't exist.
  • LadyDee
    z1a wrote: »
    They are probably trying to find which state the UK is in seeing as how they think the world outside US doesn't exist.

Yes - I'm sure they are! :rotfl:
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is there not another way to pay eg online via card ?
  • LadyDee
    What do you think might happen if you don't pay it? How did they get your details and in what form did they communicate with you? Who is it that is requesting payment?
  • scrattyrat wrote: »

thanks

They do but its called an international draft and will cost you £20.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    scrattyrat wrote: »

Thanks for the offer but I didn't receive a citation so you don't need to worry about paying it ;)
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I got a few speeding tickets a few years back - nice souvenir
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • bap98189
    bap98189 Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Is there not another way to pay eg online via card ?

Probably not. The US is surprisingly backward when it comes to banking technology.
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Have you had a look at the relevant organisation's web site? There might be some information on there about being able to pay via PayPal or a similar scheme.
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport