Pointshop.co.uk has debited me for £45 x 2!

Comments

• They have taken £45 off me I cancelled the VIP membership as soon as I received my 'FREE' webcam. just checked my bank £45 deducted. sent email hopefully they will refund my money.
  • makara
    makara Posts: 462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck, at worst they'll only have taken £45 off you and not double that - keep monitoring your PS account though.
  • I have just recently joined this site and took their VIP £1 offer. So far so good but they gave me an offer to extend it for free for another 7 days which I have done but the system then tried to take subscription money out of my card!
    However as I use the Klaxia Top Up Card for things like this they were unable to take anything further out as I did not have much in there and so not enough for them to take any unauthorised £45 as they seem to have done for others. I have found their terms petty unclear though everytime I have e-mailed an enquiry I have got things answered and sorted within 48hrs.
    Anything that is unclear or where there are subscriptions I use my Klaxia Card and never keep much in there so nothing can be taken out as with an ordinary credit card or debit card. They are good and do seem to sort things out eventually.
    If you are going to sign up at this site then do use a Prepaid Credit Card to register with them and only put money on there as you need it. Keep it under £45 and so if you cancel and it goes all wrong they are unable to take the subscription out anyway.
    It is a good site but nothing is very clear.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • I have just discovered this website, but I notice the last mention of this company was July 2011, so I hope you still get this.
    I too was "conned" by this company, and as soon as I realised what had happened, I tried to unsubscribe.
    This appeared to be blocked in some way and was unsuccessful, so I replied to the original email, even though it said "no reply" hoping that someone would read it.
    I heard no more, and NO GOODS were ever delivered to me, so I assumed they had got my reply, and cancelled everything.
    Then I got my creditcard statement with £1, then £45 debited.
    By the time I was able to "unsubscribe" they had debited another £45, making a total of £91.00
    In my mind, this is Fradulent !, they have taken all this money, and did NOT provide even a single penny's worth of goods.
    Has anybody had any success in getting their money back?
    Can somebody please provide me with an address to write to this company ?
  • makara
    Sorry to hear of the bad experience - to make sure you ARE unsubscribed from their "VIP" membership (which is perhaps deliberately made very confusing) do this -

On the main page, click on the "My Account" tab

- then select "VIP"

- then "contact Support"

- then "VIP Membership"

- then "How do I unsubscribe from the VIP subscription?"

- then "You can do it from the VIP area."

- and then I think that's where it's done from (it does work as far as I remember).

Now it should confirm whether you ARE already unsubscribed (or not) there.

As for the Gifts - I can confirm they DID arrive - but they took rather a long while - to the point of me almost having forgotten about the offer

- so I think you will get your goods (eventually) - give it some time.
  • To anyone who may read this, I don't know how these forums work, and I thought I had posted a message about this company, Pointshop, however, I now cannot find my "message" and I have no idea how to proceed from here.
    If anybody can advise me how to get my Message /reply onto this form, please let me know.
    This company is "crooked" and somebody must be able to do something about them.
    I can be contacted at : [EMAIL="dunbal@gmail.com"]dunbal@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
    I want to see these crooks punished, and hopefully get my money back.
  • makara
    Your message is still on this board - as is my reply...
  • zohre6
    zohre6 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 23 April 2012 at 1:51PM
    I know that pointshop.co.uk are a scam. They imitated a message as if it was from one of my facebook friends, but she hadn't sent it to me. The message read 'I've just had an iPad arrive through my letterbox' or something like that. I see that someone else has also been scammed that way on scambook.com
    My bank told me they would reimburse me if I phoned pointshop and got them to admit they had charged me falsely, but their phone number is in Denmark. How can I know they won't charge me a lot for the phone call?
    By the way, on their website pointshop claim to have sent me an email explaining the terms of the contract but I never did get such an email.
    Zohre6 in Leeds
  • Pointshop operate like this: they suck gullible consumers like us in with an offer of something cheap (I fell for the one about the Braun electric toothbrush for £1. I haven’t received it yet, nor do I expect to). The terms and conditions on the site itself make no mention that they will use your bank details to take money from you at any further date. However, they did send me an email a few days later (because they are spammers, the mail went straight to Spam, so I didn’t see it at the time). The mail announced that they would be taking £45 from my account if I didn’t cancel my membership within 14 days. Needless to say, it was only when I checked my bank account yesterday that I became aware of the withdrawal and checked all my mails, including Spam. Pointshop is based in Denmark. If you Google them, there are thousands of complaints though it’s also clear that they’re posting rave reviews about themselves to make their scam seem attractive (the reviews are so clearly fake!). The woman I spoke when I finally got through to Pointshop said they would cancel my membership but didn’t seem to think I had any chance of getting my £45 back. They rely on the fact that as the £45 is NOT mentioned on the site when you sign up, you won’t see the mail and so won’t know they will be taking this money from your account until it’s too late. This is how they make their money. They are, in short, con artists.

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Lucy_Snow wrote: »
    The terms and conditions on the site itself make no mention that they will use your bank details to take money from you at any further date.
    They rely on the fact that as the £45 is NOT mentioned on the site when you sign up...
    Well post #8 has a quote from their website which says (amongst other things)...
    Terms and prices
    When you subscirbe, you accept that PointShop can withdraw £45 for 30 days VIP100-membership at PointShop.

Your VIP membership enables you to earn 100% extra points on all campaigns and in addition you get a number of other advantages. Click here to see what you get out of your VIP membership. This is a trial period for a special price.
    After the trial period, your VIP membership will be automatically renewed unless you have terminated it. We will then withdraw 45 pounds each 30 day (equivalent to 1,5 £/day) until you cancel your subscription.

However, they did send me an email a few days later (because they are spammers, the mail went straight to Spam, so I didn’t see it at the time). The mail announced that they would be taking £45 from my account if I didn’t cancel my membership within 14 days.
    Well if they sent you an email saying they were about to deduct some money from your account, in my opinion it seems just a little unfair for you to say they didn't tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure